Overhead matrix - red x m4 bristol

We wonder why the public think we are a bunch of ■■■■■■ Coming along the m4 this evening to find two lanes closed with red x’s above each lane. Obv the S&K driver thinks he is different and can drive through two sets of signs right up to the cones before pushing his way into the right lane.

You sir are an arse@

There’s always one…or two, or three who have to try and jump any queue.
They’re special you know :laughing:

e come on m8 hes a big European trucker on a mission he special l.o.l :smiley:

Sounds good to me and a great way to make progress… I often wait till the last minute to pull over and usually pick a car or two to intimidate out of the way, half a mile of standing traffic I sailed past the other day to merge in to the open lane at the cones as the traffic was flowing nicely… :wink:

Done it meself too or something similar today on the 40 42 split, come straight up in the first lane (outside lane for 40) just before we come to the hatch markings I found my target!! Office jockey in a white BMW ■■■■■■■ about on his phone with a lorry sized gap in front of him :slight_smile: one click of the indicator and I was in!!! Result

100 quid fine and 3 points for contraveining a red light. 200 notes and 6 points by my reckoning :wink:

madmackem:
We wonder why the public think we are a bunch of [zb]? Coming along the m4 this evening to find two lanes closed with red x’s above each lane. Obv the S&K driver thinks he is different and can drive through two sets of signs right up to the cones before pushing his way into the right lane.

You sir are an arse@

Yes but up until the cones the lane is still live surely so why is he an “arse” ?

I came through there tonight, got into the open lanes early and left a good gap in front for others, but most of them went sailing past the red X’s up to the cones as well. Hopefully they’ll all get a nice little reminder in the post

Young_AL:
Done it meself too or something similar today on the 40 42 split, come straight up in the first lane (outside lane for 40) just before we come to the hatch markings I found my target!! Office jockey in a white BMW ■■■■■■■ about on his phone with a lorry sized gap in front of him :slight_smile: one click of the indicator and I was in!!! Result

+1
This is always a bonus, but for sport I pick the ones who put up a bit of a fight as its more of a challenge. I even give the left right blink of the indicators to say thank you and even a friendly wave as they pass by after the roadworks… Sure they are fuming at one point during the escapade but I have acheived my goal and no hard feelings etc…

After all its not a red traffic light its just a lane closed signal to indicate the lane is closed / blocked ahead and we should move over…the point at which I move over is left to my judgement.

I just love to see the faces of those that get upset and wonder how they would react in a real crisis.

there ya go m8 that’s why public love us n.o.t. everyman for himself theres attendants and theres truck drivers :smiley:

bald bloke:
Yes but up until the cones the lane is still live surely so why is he an “arse” ?

No it isn’t. It is closed from the point the red X is displayed.

gov.uk/motorways-253-to-273 … 255-to-258

Red flashing lights. If red lights on the overhead signals flash above your lane and a red ‘X’ is showing, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in that lane. If red lights flash on a signal in the central reservation or at the side of the road, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in any lane.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 38

Thank you for demonstrating you’re nothing more than a steering wheel attendant.

bald bloke:

You need to ask? :smiley:
What a professional lot we are. Forward thinking, anticipation, making plans so circumstances don’t bite us in the arse - well, at least some of us.

Conor:

bald bloke:

No it isn’t. It is closed from the point the red X is displayed.

gov.uk/motorways-253-to-273 … 255-to-258

Red flashing lights. If red lights on the overhead signals flash above your lane and a red ‘X’ is showing, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in that lane. If red lights flash on a signal in the central reservation or at the side of the road, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in any lane.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 38
Ok fair cop.

Ok fair cop.

Thank you for demonstrating you’re nothing more than a steering wheel attendant.

bald bloke:

madmackem:
We wonder why the public thinkshowing that THE a buncWERE CLOSED [zb]? Coming along the m4 this evening to find two lanes closed with red x’s above each lane. Obv the S&K driver thinks he is different and can drive through two sets of signs right up to the cones before pushing his way into the right lane.

You sir are an arse@

Because he had to travel about 1/2 mile through the two matrix signs showing that THE LANES WERE CLOSED!

check msg muppet if u wanna start throwing load of ol b…x feel free but pls try next time not to f…k up a half decent conversation av gr8 day :smiley:

stevejones:
there ya go m8 that’s why public love us n.o.t. everyman for himself theres attendants and theres truck drivers :smiley:

Been the “proper drive” many times moved over early left myself a big gap in front for braking only for dicks and ■■■■■ in bmws and audis with smart shirts and ties on to dive bomb in at the very last second!! You know the type the speed in then jump on brakes leaving you no where to go!! Oh yeah I forgot I got my crystal ball with me cpc card so I know what there gonna do!!!

■■■■ em time to play them at there own game I say but where bigger heavier and tougher than them!!

Hang on lads I’m just opening the flood gates for this one!!!

madmackem:
Because he had to travel about 1/2 mile through the two matrix signs showing that THE LANES WERE CLOSED!

True but why has this upset you so much…This is a regular non event and not worthy of extending your neck for. As a pro driver can you not excuse the faults of others on the road and remove all emotion from your driving in order to present a professional image. We know the rules and apart from my lame trolling I obvioulsy would be moving over when its safe to do so, ideally before crossing the red cross sign.

stevejones:
check msg muppet if u wanna start throwing load of ol b…x feel free but pls try next time not to [zb] up a half decent conversation av gr8 day :smiley:

Could you clarify which one of us you are getting your ■■■■■■■ in a bunch over as I have no messages waiting for me… :confused:

wasn’t u dipperdave :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:

Young_AL:

+1
This is always a bonus, but for sport I pick the ones who put up a bit of a fight as its more of a challenge. I even give the left right blink of the indicators to say thank you and even a friendly wave as they pass by after the roadworks… Sure they are fuming at one point during the escapade but I have acheived my goal and no hard feelings etc…

After all its not a red traffic light its just a lane closed signal to indicate the lane is closed / blocked ahead and we should move over…the point at which I move over is left to my judgement.

I just love to see the faces of those that get upset and wonder how they would react in a real crisis.

It goes to show how much some people could learn from things like the DCPC. The red cross is a prohibition and is being enforced in some areas and I’m sure more police forces will follow suit. Having worked in recovery, the arrogant attitude of some who always know better about the road ahead, never fails to amaze me and I can’t wait for the fines and points to start dropping through their letterboxes.