Over Zealous Forum Moderators

Free for all - open to you Rikki in this land of free speech

I agree… There was a post deleted earlier about Free Broadband for kids under 16 which vanished. This will get locked too, they won’t like criticism

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

I agree… There was a post deleted earlier about Free Broadband for kids under 16 which vanished.

This was removed because 1. It was in the PDF and totally off topic - and two I have no idea what its on about but offering young kids free access to the internet could be seen as more than a bit dodgy- perhaps a link to whatever it was about may help?

Well, the point is that moderating any forum is a difficult task. Whatever you do, someone will be telling you that you should have done the other thing. I think we just have to accept that the moderator may not always be right, but he is always the moderator. :wink:

Oh gawd Harry I can’t believe you of all people subscribe to the roll over and play dead attitude!!!

Free for all - open to you Rikki in this land of free speech

Hate to dissappoint that your not on land here( this is the internet :wink: ) and you are on a website privatly owned and operated.

if that is the case that it is privately owned then perhaps a more ‘grown-up’ approach ought to be applied to some of the threads you lock or remove■■?

Rikki-UK:

I agree… There was a post deleted earlier about Free Broadband for kids under 16 which vanished.

This was removed because 1. It was in the PDF and totally off topic - and two I have no idea what its on about but offering young kids free access to the internet could be seen as more than a bit dodgy- perhaps a link to whatever it was about may help?

So you remove things you don’t understand■■? Thats a pretty harsh point of view to start from

if that is the case that it is privately owned then perhaps a more ‘grown-up’ approach ought to be applied to some content of some of the posts that members make… and perhaps they should also remember which IP address they are using for which troll character :wink: :wink:

Fixed that for you mate :grimacing:

Norfolknewbie:
Oh gawd Harry I can’t believe you of all people subscribe to the roll over and play dead attitude!!!

Well, it just doesn’t matter. I’ve had plenty of my posts moderated. Even Rikki has had a post moderated! :smiley:

So the next day we all just move on to a different subject.

I’m not entirely sure what started this- maybe Andrew Tinkler’s imaginary knighthood? If so, then “trolling” is generally frowned upon on most forums.

Just out of curiousity what is a troll character■■?

Norfolknewbie:

Rikki-UK:

So you remove things you don’t understand■■? Thats a pretty harsh point of view to start from

Just to help you as you missed the important bit… :wink:

Norfolknewbie:
Just out of curiousity what is a troll character■■?

Your friend

So to clarify you are making an assumption on something that you do not know anything about OMG what a slippery slope that is!!!

My friend■■? I only know one person off here personally and haven’t seen him since I left my last workplace over 12 months ago!!! Or spoke to him for that matter other than the odd message on here so whatever tree you are barking up you are so very wrong

Norfolknewbie:
So to clarify you are making an assumption on something that you do not know anything about OMG what a slippery slope that is!!!

No I am making a judgement that someone posted about free internet to kids under 16 … made no attempt to say what its actually about, as a responsible forum manager its removed until its clarified. Simples - most responsible adults using the internet will get the concerns- if its Kosher why wasnt a link in the post to whatever it was on about…

From here it was a random post on a forum about truck driving offering underage kids free internet - like that was ever going to stay. :unamused:

Norfolknewbie:
My friend■■? I only know one person off here personally and haven’t seen him since I left my last workplace over 12 months ago!!! Or spoke to him for that matter other than the odd message on here so whatever tree you are barking up you are so very wrong

Its a link to where your question would be answered… try clicking on it

So you want me to click to go to a third party website - not happening and furthermore I take it you have had time now to clarify what the internet thing was■■? Kids nowadays are far more Pc and internet savvy than you or most people on here, however as you say its your site and your antiquated rules. Most kids these days would now how to access the interent without the help of this site so if you are in the least bit concerned about this i take it you have contacted the police?

Norfolknewbie:
So you want me to click to go to a third party website - not happening and furthermore I take it you have had time now to clarify what the internet thing was■■? Kids nowadays are far more Pc and internet savvy than you or most people on here, however as you say its your site and your antiquated rules. Most kids these days would now how to access the interent without the help of this site so if you are in the least bit concerned about this i take it you have contacted the police?

I think you’re just being argumentative for the sake of it… :unamused:

The ‘third party website’, as you put it, is actually Google! You could actually find out all about trolls then…

…or perhaps you already know… :wink: