Over Zealous Forum Moderators

Some people should not be allowed computers if they cannot follow a simple link. :stuck_out_tongue:

But Ricki while I am on the line, you are locking the other recent threads, would it not be simpler just to remove the troll who is making such a sticky mess on them

So you want me to click to go to a third party website - not happening

The 3rd party website was one called Google- you may have heard of it ? :unamused:

and furthermore I take it you have had time now to clarify what the internet thing was??

Nope - not at 11pm on a Saturday Nightā€¦ given the lack of detail in the original post- the judgement is that its off topic for a forum about truck drivers so at best would have gone in the Bar- however as no detail was given and given the content until whoever posted / or someone else it tells us what the hell they were on about it stays gone. as yet no-one has

Wheel Nut:
Some people should not be allowed computers if they cannot follow a simple link. :stuck_out_tongue:

But Ricki while I am on the line, you are locking the other recent threads, would it not be simpler just to remove the troll who is making such a sticky mess on them

lets just say that shortly before this strange arguement came about - another username found they couldnt post so prolificaly

Looks like the troll is on pre-mod :grimacing: :grimacing:

Forum moderators all come from the same gene pool and security guards :exclamation:
They all have an inferiority complex which manifests itself as being over zealous when in the region of a position of power :exclamation:

What a strange thread.

Edit,
ummmmmm, I understand now.

Rikki-UK:

Wheel Nut:

lets just say that shortly before this strange arguement came about - another username found they couldnt post so prolificaly

Rather than beating around the bush why not say Rikki what you think is going on because I do not have anything to do with any other poster and whether or not he/she can post so prolifically!!!

Norfolknewbie:
Rather than beating around the bush why not say Rikki what you think is going on because I do not have anything to do with any other poster and whether or not he/she can post so prolifically!!!

You do know that not everything in this thread is about you specificaly

Where is that aimed at you? :open_mouth: :question: :unamused: :unamused:

Rikki-UK:

Wheel Nut:

That would be aimed at me as i started the arguement

containers_only:
Forum moderators all come from the same gene pool and security guards :exclamation:
They all have an inferiority complex which manifests itself as being over zealous when in the region of a position of power :exclamation:

I wouldnā€™t say a TruckNet moderator was exactly in a ā€œposition of powerā€, compared to , say, Stalin or Franco. :wink:

A number of different threads got removed/edited or locked last night - not only yours. and more than one person got warned/ put on pre mod. If you werent- why would you think that was aimed at you ? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Rikki-UK:

A number of different threads got removed/edited or locked last night - not only yours. and more than one person got warned/ put on pre mod. If you werent- why would you think that was aimed at you ? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

The spin doctors must be worth every penny! Eh Rikki :sunglasses:

containers_only:

Ha Ha !! I like it. Its a joke right? Sort of like a little Hitler inference ?

containers_only:

Hmm, as good as that sounds given this recent announcementā€¦
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=86860

Then i donā€™t think what you say is true, infact just the opposite.
Iā€™ve gotta be honest though, i do love having all the extra edit buttons and functions, gives me a real buzz !!!

Moderators are here to keep the site running smoothly and to prevent the daft users here from digging themselves into even more zb than normal and the trolls from running amok. They are not perverting things like a dictator does. There are other forums out there you know. You are not trapped here or tied to only visit trucknet you know!

If you think you are being unfairly repressed then you can always LEAVE!

Mike-C:
Iā€™ve gotta be honest though, i do love having all the extra edit buttons and functions, gives me a real buzz !!!

That may be but there is often some higher authority you may have to justify your actions too. But often it is nice to follow and ride the hidden surf and flow of a busy active forum with mod or admin privileges :smiley:

Iā€™m a moderator on my motorcycle club forumā€¦ also a former president of the club. I do the job to contribute to the smooth running thereof, no other reason. If anyone seriously thinks that being a mod or administrator does huge things for your ego, then I suggest you volunteer to try it before you chip at the blokes who do it.

I may have had the odd post or two moderated on here, TBH I canā€™t remember and Iā€™m not really bothered. The only reason for that happening would be me breaking the site rules which I signed up to when I joined. So if you donā€™t break the rules you donā€™t get moderated; if you canā€™t cope with that find a different playground.

Simple as that.

gnasty gnome:
Iā€™m a moderator on my motorcycle club forumā€¦ also a former president of the club. I do the job to contribute to the smooth running thereof, no other reason. If anyone seriously thinks that being a mod or administrator does huge things for your ego, then I suggest you volunteer to try it before you chip at the blokes who do it.

I may have had the odd post or two moderated on here, TBH I canā€™t remember and Iā€™m not really bothered. The only reason for that happening would be me breaking the site rules which I signed up to when I joined. So if you donā€™t break the rules you donā€™t get moderated; if you canā€™t cope with that find a different playground.

Simple as that.

Rikki, can we have a ā€œlikeā€ button please? :wink: I SOOOOO agree with this post. Am I still allowed to put
+1

Ok, tea towel holder kisser.

bigvern1:
Ok, tea towel holder kisser.

Vern, if that was aimed at me - ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. If it wasnā€™t, well There We Are Then.

:smiley: