Outback Truckers

Anybody watch it? I do occasionally. Hard working fellas, that Dennis Dent and his big old 3 axle Merc unit. He’s now well stricken in years, spent a lifetime at the job, his age and his body are telling him it’s almost time to hang his keys up …and he’s struggling badly to come to terms with the prospect of giving up.
It’s worth a watch IMO

when is that on & which channel please :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

Its on Quest freeview 38 usually comes on in the evening

its on tonight,last weeks repeat is on at 8,new one is on at 9,good programme :laughing:

If the rest of the Oz trucking game is like the stuff on TV its a wonder that 5% of the goods ever arrive? :unamused:

Watching it now.One of the geezers road trains is being blown all over the road as he drives through a hurricane :open_mouth:
Funny thing is,the branches on the trees at the side of said road are hardly moving . . gripping stuff :neutral_face:

It’s a good programme it’s just a shame about the narrator bulling everything up. I don’t know why they have to make things look worse than they are. Ice Road Truckers isn’t worth watching anymore think I’d sooner watch Songs of Praise. It makes me badly watching that Stobart rubbish. Outback truckers is one of the best I’ve seen for a good while.

Nope, I can’t watch it.
I have a mate who records then chops out the rubbish, not much left.
Most episodes are just plain embarrassing and nothing like a true representation of the transport industry which here in Aus is HUGE.

cargo:
Nope, I can’t watch it.
I have a mate who records then chops out the rubbish, not much left.
Most episodes are just plain embarrassing and nothing like a true representation of the transport industry which here in Aus is HUGE.

I agree, Cargo. I worked in the transport industry in Western Australia since arriving here nearly 50 years ago, though I must say things have changed a bit from the old Fodens I used to drive between Perth and Port Hedland and Broome. No airconditioning, no heaters, I don’t think they even had springs they were so rough on the dirt roads and a real flyer was one that could reach 35mph.

I agree with you blokes not a true representation of the industry here in OZ so no longer on my viewing list and Harry your spot on in the real world the ratio is a tad better lol and I managed to survive 5 cyclones over the years and didn’t drive to far when getting hammered by 100mph plus winds .

Cheers DIG

DIG:
I agree with you blokes not a true representation of the industry here in OZ so no longer on my viewing list and Harry your spot on in the real world the ratio is a tad better lol and I managed to survive 5 cyclones over the years and didn’t drive to far when getting hammered by 100mph plus winds .

Cheers DIG

So its a TV show,pure & simple.Hope they’re all on good showbiz contracts because with all their experience the poor souls are not making much from their wheels. Felt sorry for the gal with her dream job - running up & down a dirt road carrying dirt in a multi trailer tipper ,sleeping & cooking in the truck in the middle of nowhere for three months at a time! :unamused:

Went to work,got paid ,come home, don’t make good TV progs.

I’m not getting involved in this one. I’ll just do my 12hours shift sliding round the muddy southern forests in a 57 ton B double then come home.

Jeff…

Jelliot:
I’m not getting involved in this one. I’ll just do my 12hours shift sliding round the muddy southern forests in a 57 ton B double then come home.

Jeff…

So there is money in it?:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There just trying to make it interesting for people besides lorry drivers

Not a recruiting promo ,then? :laughing:

harry:

Jelliot:

Jeff…

So there is money in it?:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I just do it as part of my civic reasonability.

Jeff…

harry:
Not a recruiting promo ,then? :laughing:

There’s people leaving in droves since they have brought in all the new tougher laws and chain of command responsibility thingies. I just do it because I’m to dumb to know any better.

Jeff…

They need to bring Hugh (the Polar bear ) Rowland in, he’ll show 'em how to do it. Just think what damage he could do with three trailers :open_mouth:

remy:
They need to bring Hugh (the Polar bear ) Rowland in, he’ll show 'em how to do it. Just think what damage he could do with three trailers :open_mouth:

Rick is even better at ignoring the sharp bends! :laughing:

Just think of all the damage the Yanks could do to the transmission with those long Aussie gearsticks!