out of hours question.

Lets say you are heading home on friday and you end up running out of hours but you are on your sixth card and just 1 hour from home. So legally you would have to take a minimum 24 hours of rest before being “allowed” to go home.
well i reckon if you dropped your trailer you wouldn’t be driving the unit for hire and reward, so you would no longer be subject to eu driver hours regulations.
so you could go home.
what do you reckon?

And I reckon you could be heading for a face to face with your favourite lady TC if you did that. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

its no longer allowed as Coffeholic has posted,good try, enjoy your 24hrs off… :smiley: :smiley:

no way jose vehicle is still governed by tacho regs.hire and reward has nothing to do with it that only comes into play regarding which type of o licence you need ie restricted etc :unamused:
ps when that happens on my firm they send someone out in a car to swap and drive motor back easy solution :smiley:

n17 trucker:
no way jose vehicle is still governed by tacho regs.hire and reward has nothing to do with it that only comes into play regarding which type of o licence you need ie restricted etc :unamused:
ps when that happens on my firm they send someone out in a car to swap and drive motor back easy solution :smiley:

chris eubank dosn’t need to use a tachograph when he uses that american truck of his for private use.
so if i use the unit for private use, then i would be exempt from tacho regs.
our company couldn’t be expected to send another driver out to me as they arn’t based in england. and even if they did, you couldn’t drive a company vehicle back, as that would be other work, so you would be breaking the law.

limeyphil:
Lets say you are heading home on friday and you end up running out of hours but you are on your sixth card and just 1 hour from home. So legally you would have to take a minimum 24 hours of rest before being “allowed” to go home.
well i reckon if you dropped your trailer you wouldn’t be driving the unit for hire and reward, so you would no longer be subject to eu driver hours regulations.
so you could go home.
what do you reckon?

Being on the sixth card will have nowt to do with it - you could be on card eight if you want.

What would matter is if you had run out of driving hours for the week/fortnight or between daily rest periods or had got to the point where you required a weekly rest (which would depend on when you started after your last weekly rest)
Or done the max under the RTD (WTD)
If any of that is not quite right then I’m sure a GURU will correct it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think Chris Eubank has had his unit down-plated to under 7.5 tonne but not dead sure on that - under 7.5 and private = no EU regs

n17 trucker:
…when that happens on my firm they send someone out in a car to swap and drive motor back easy solution :smiley:

Which may also be illegal if you have run out of ‘spreadover’ :wink:

Coffeeholic:

n17 trucker:
…when that happens on my firm they send someone out in a car to swap and drive motor back easy solution :smiley:

Which may also be illegal if you have run out of ‘spreadover’ :wink:

I think we had a nice long discussion on that - HERE

Prior to April 2007 the exemption was

Vehicles used for non-commercial carriage of goods and personal use.

Since April 2007 the exemption is

Vehicles or combinations of vehicles with a maximum permissible mass not exceeding 7.5 tonne used for the non-commercial carriage of goods.

Personal use exemption no longer there.

Keep it chopping hi,pull the fuse/magnet…

1hr from home i defo would not be parking for 24hrs… :smiley:

1 hour from home for me is best stretch of motorway in Andalucia. not much parking so not much chance of Guardia Civil stopping you so home it is then :sunglasses:

pull the fuse go like zb :smiley:

gorby1:

How would you explain the missing mileage :question:

Put it too bed rog or when finished wined back the milage… :smiley:

ROG:

gorby1:

That’s the point of pulling the fuse, the mileage stops clocking up. If you start and finish in the same place proving mileage is missing is more difficult. It would only be on a straight run between two points that it would be obvious. If other documentation is gone into then there is a better chance of proving it but in a random roadside check much less obvious and you are more likely to get away with it.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

gorby1:

That’s the point of pulling the fuse, the mileage stops clocking up. If you start and finish in the same place proving mileage is missing is more difficult. It would only be on a straight run between two points that it would be obvious. If other documentation is gone into then there is a better chance of proving it but in a random roadside check much less obvious and you are more likely to get away with it.

I am enlightened :slight_smile:

Problem with this is that a digital tachograph would show that the current has been disconnected which would presumably involve a trip to the tacho centre :wink:

tachograph:
Problem with this is that a digital tachograph would show that the current has been disconnected…

And most analogues as well. Most draw a long line across the width of the chart when there is a ‘power failure’. :wink:

Missing mileage ?

Between Friday when I finished, and Monday when I started again ?

Dunno Your Honour. I was at home. It’s company policy that we have toleave our keys in the yard. Perhaps the Gate Monkey is a frustrated wannabe truck driver and took it for a spin.

Your guess is as good as mine.

*Disclaimer
Clearly, there are couple of little things you need to do before pulling your card (either type) And ffs - don’t get a tug, or have a bump/incident between pulling your card and getting back to the yard.

dambuster:
*Disclaimer
Clearly, there are couple of little things you need to do before pulling your card (either type) And ffs - don’t get a tug, or have a bump/incident between pulling your card and getting back to the yard.

You would also need to be aware of the type of road you pull the fuse on and the type of road your depot is on. You pull the fuse after pulling into a lay-by from 80 kmh yet your depot is a few miles from any road with a 80 limit and access to your depot requires several stop starts at junctions for example and you might as well not bother pulling the fuse it will be that obvious. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: