Opinions please.

Dangerous or not.?
Been told it’s a new design.hmmmm!!

Deadly dangerous.

Have someone’s eye out with one of them.

A.

The studs look short, is that what you are referring too?

Not a new design, seen them before, I think they designed to hold retro fitted alloy wheels on with normal studs, the nut has a sleeve that goes through the wheel, so plenty of thread used.

That’s what I’ve been told muckles,they are on a alloy wheel.

Nkh22:

I remember asking the same thing when I first saw them, if you go onto a website that sells alloys for trucks and look for retro fit wheel nuts you should see a picture of one with the sleeve. Can get cap on the saw you can’t see the stud.

When new those wheelnuts would have had black plastic centre caps on so you wouldn’t see what appears to be only a few threads holding the wheel on.

As above there’s about 3/4" of threaded sleeve of each nut that can’t be seen till the nut is removed.
Pity no wheeltrim around the nuts, they look rather bare and unfinished like that.

I’ve never seen anything like it,not left the yard all day as can’t get a straight answer from anyone regarding them.Been waiting for Daf Aid for last few hours.

If they are holding Alcoa alloys on they are fine. As previously stated they are for fitting thicker alloy rims on short studs. Unless they look loose, crack on drive.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Nkh22:
I’ve never seen anything like it,not left the yard all day as can’t get a straight answer from anyone regarding them.Been waiting for Daf Aid for last few hours.

You’ve spent a day in yard because you’ve never seen wheelnuts like this before? Wowsers.

FFS are you lot for real? :unamused:

Nkh22:

So you got a straight answer from someone then?

If nuts are tight crack on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

switchlogic:

Nkh22:

You’ve spent a day in yard because you’ve never seen wheelnuts like this before? Wowsers.

That’s correct,you can read…Wowsers.!!!

switchlogic:

Nkh22:

So you got a straight answer from someone then?

Maybe but i don’t work for him.!

Nkh22:

switchlogic:

Nkh22:

Apologies, I was just taken aback at the daftness of it all. Waiting hours for Dafaid? They clearly gave it the priority it deserves…

coiler:
If they are holding Alcoa alloys on they are fine. As previously stated they are for fitting thicker alloy rims on short studs. Unless they look loose, crack on drive.

Which leaves the question if the studs aren’t supposed to be long enough to match the thicker wheels then why bother threading the supposed short stud nuts to their ends. :bulb: :unamused:

switchlogic:

Nkh22:

switchlogic:

Nkh22:

Apologies, I was just taken aback at the daftness of it all. Waiting hours for Dafaid? They clearly gave it the priority it deserves…

Yawn.!

Carryfast:

coiler:

Which leaves the question if the studs aren’t supposed to be long enough to match the thicker wheels then why bother threading the supposed short stud nuts to their ends. :bulb: :unamused:

Aftermarket alloys Carry old fruit, on a truck originally specced with steels. You either change all the studs or use these

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

coiler:

Aftermarket alloys Carry old fruit, on a truck originally specced with steels. You either change all the studs or use these

The way I see it that’s applying more tension to the now shorter stud from the shoulder washer on the nut than it would be by using a longer stud. :confused: