Opinions please - Vote for your favourite Truck!

Hi all,

As u might have gathered I am new to the forum, so firstly hello!

Im potentially not your usual member as I am a automotive design student at Coventry University ! Please dont run away…im sure alot of you are thinking…“oh no here we go again” :laughing:

Anyway ill stop waffling, basically, I am designing a long haul truck for 2025 and am interested in finding out truckers(i hope thats not offensive) opinions on the latest tractors with things like, your favourite one, the one you’d rather spit on than drive, their pros, their cons regarding the ergonomics and pure drivablilty amongst other things.

Please feel free to have a rant on anything regarding the trucks you have driven or alternative praise those that deserve it!

Many thanks in advance,

Jon.

also i have a survey all drawn up if any of you fancy filling it out! :laughing:

Your poll is missing IVECO so be prepared for the wrath of LUCY :laughing:

Look HERE

:open_mouth: Also look HERE

think some examples of you re work would do wonders in getting a response :laughing:

ha, iveco added lol. knew id forgotten one! Ill put some of my designs up for you guys/gals once ive got going with them. Still in the research stages at the mo.

Iveco still wasn’t showing as an option, so I’ve added it for you. :grimacing:

Lucy:
Iveco still wasn’t showing as an option, so I’ve added it for you. :grimacing:

why thank you :wink:

In 2025 I will be very close to retirement and wont give a fig if you design one with a jacuzzi and a pole for dancing girls :stuck_out_tongue:

According to popular opinion, the oil will have run out so it will be either wind or solar powered. we probably wont need trucks by then because we can download food to our fridges from the international space supermarket in tablet form.

If you do design a truck it will have to be no more than kerb height and painted in dayglow colours to satisfy H & S regulations. The only emissions it will be allowed to emit is 0.03 ppm of fruity evian water which is then recycled into AdClear.

Drivers will not be needed but the truck must be able to understand commands from Albanian security guards since we voted to move the European Parliament to Tirana.

Voice activated controls must be able to be decipher spoken commands.

1. You cant park that there innit.

2. You are early your not booked in till the next decade.

3. Its more than me jobs werf.

4. We had trouble with one of your drivers last century.

Hello. :smiley:

Mercedes-Benz (Actros MegaSpace) and Volvo (FH Globetrotter XL) every time for me.

That said, I really like the look of the new Iveco Stralis and I’d like to try one.

To me you need loads of space (height and width), loads of storage (usable cupboards), a comfortable bunk, seating position with the controls easily reached. Also, a bit of solidity in the build quality is important.

Plenty of power outlets too - ones that remain live all the time.

Make comfort and living items standard fitment - e.g. Iveco Stralis have a fridge as standard. It is not an optional extra like it is on Volvo, Scania and so on.

I’ll think of more - but that’s what initially comes to mind.

For those that see this thread a little later - thought you ought to be able to see how the much maligned Iveco kicked Scania’s arse!! :smiley: :wink:

At least to begin with. Never thought I’d see the day. :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
In 2025 I will be very close to retirement and wont give a fig if you design one with a jacuzzi and a pole for dancing girls :stuck_out_tongue:

According to popular opinion, the oil will have run out so it will be either wind or solar powered. we probably wont need trucks by then because we can download food to our fridges from the international space supermarket in tablet form.

If you do design a truck it will have to be no more than kerb height and painted in dayglow colours to satisfy H & S regulations. The only emissions it will be allowed to emit is 0.03 ppm of fruity evian water which is then recycled into AdClear.

Drivers will not be needed but the truck must be able to understand commands from Albanian security guards since we voted to move the European Parliament to Tirana.

Voice activated controls must be able to be decipher spoken commands.

1. You cant park that there innit.

2. You are early your not booked in till the next decade.

3. Its more than me jobs werf.

4. We had trouble with one of your drivers last century.

hahah u joker.

On a serious note it will be probably powered by a hybrid motor, or soley electric power. I am looking at making it a parrallel hybrid with regenerative braking to charge the motors

The Daf has been the European leader in my eyes because of the amount of space it has to live in and to store things,
I am in a Scania Top line and find it very cramped (double manned)
I would expect as standard in 2025 Truck , Walk around cab, sat nav, Fridge, Freezer, Microwave, Entertainment system with TV, Internet, and whatever replaces DVD built in, Full sized beds, Orthapedic seats, anti collision devices,NO BLIND SPOTS, Real security to keep all the theives out, A comunication system that gets you a space on a bay as you arrive at your delivery point.
I would guess this would be a bit difficult but If it were possible, I would like a toilet sink and shower built into the truck that would be accesable from the cab, but seperated

Ask my boss and he will say a cheep truck that runs on water and can carry a big load :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

In 2025 I’ll be pushing up the daisys :open_mouth:

Unless the misses carries out her threats and has me stuffed beforehand :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for your imput so far guys/gals.

Very much appreicated!

Oh, and keep em comin…dont be shy! :wink:

sorry concept as a student arnt you supposed to get cheappppp beer n free ■■■ WHAT WENT WRONG :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scania245:
sorry concept as a student arnt you supposed to get cheappppp beer n free ■■■ WHAT WENT WRONG :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hahah this is tru! But seein as the missus is out wid friends (no ■■■ for me tonight) and it aint that cheap at the weekends i thought id be studious for a change :laughing:

on a serious note my course is very demanding…no seriously it is! So dont get much play time in the final year!

Will be messy monday night tho dont you worry :unamused:

It should have a tipping body, weigh virtually nothing, have over 1000BHP and no speed limiter. :smiley: :open_mouth:

montana man:
:shock: Also look HERE

YEAH i didnt vote iveco.No common sense here.

hammer:
…and no speed limiter. :smiley: :open_mouth:

|So not much change for tippers in the next few years then?

C’mon, you left yourself wide open for that one. :wink: Have you mentioned today’s score to jonboy yet?

Although I’ve been looking around for new truck recently but I don’t really have a favourite make, they all had plenty of room and extra features, but I found the biggest problem with new trucks is you have to order them nearly a year in advance and we want them NOW

Maybe you should rephrase the question.

What about your truck do you like?
What about it bugs you?
What would you like changed?