Opinions please - Vote for your favourite Truck!

muckles:
Although I’ve been looking around for new truck recently but I don’t really have a favourite make, they all had plenty of room and extra features, but I found the biggest problem with new trucks is you have to order them nearly a year in advance and we want them NOW

Maybe you should rephrase the question.

What about your truck do you like?
What about it bugs you?
What would you like changed?

BEST COMMENT YET :smiley:

muckles:
Although I’ve been looking around for new truck recently but I don’t really have a favourite make, they all had plenty of room and extra features, but I found the biggest problem with new trucks is you have to order them nearly a year in advance and we want them NOW

What about it bugs you?

ive heard about this, rediculous waiting period! All because of high demand in China! Why cant they make them wait a little longer to satisfy their long lasting customers back in Europe…their home!

Prob would be more straight forward to phrase it as you have, just thought id leave it open for all opinions. however, would you like to start proceedings witht the new and improved format!?

Coffeeholic:

hammer:
…and no speed limiter. :smiley: :open_mouth:

Have you mentioned today’s score to jonboy yet?

best not depress the bloke after the way they played.

Concept36:

muckles:

What about it bugs you?

ive heard about this, rediculous waiting period! All because of high demand in China! Why cant they make them wait a little longer to satisfy their long lasting customers back in Europe…their home!

Prob would be more straight forward to phrase it as you have, just thought id leave it open for all opinions. however, would you like to start proceedings witht the new and improved format!?

I was told the delay was because many East European and Russian fleets are ordering new motors. I don’t think that any country is getting a priority, but more there isn’t the capacity in the industry to fill the standard orders expected from Western Europe and then all the new truck ordered from new European states.

At present I’m driving a 1999 Merc Actros, fully loaded, but it’s the small cab variant. We double man it but don’t sleep in it. Even so the cab is still a bit small for 2 drivers and thier kit.
The seats are a bit hard and despite having more buttons on them than my car has still impossible to get into a good position. Nowhere on the passenger side to hold open cans and bottles of drink and you can’t get the passenger seat far enough back to relax in it when you are supposed to be resting.

It’s not a bad truck really, but I can’t think of anything outstanding about it that I’d like to see in new trucks. Hopefully we’re getting a new Volvo FH and once I get my hands on that I’ll report back with good and bad points.

Hi Concept,

For some time now all I’ve been wanting from a truck is one little switch on the dashboard. When you press this switch a red warning light comes on to let you know that it has been depressed, and then before you drive off you remember to swith it off.

What is this switch?

It`s a Brake Light Test switch. So that one person can test that their brake lights are working without having to fanny about like we do now!

It’s the 21st century for crying out loud! :unamused:

Rant over :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

hammer:
…and no speed limiter. :smiley: :open_mouth:

|So not much change for tippers in the next few years then?

C’mon, you left yourself wide open for that one. :wink: Have you mentioned today’s score to jonboy yet?

I just wanted to see if I’d get a bite! :wink: :smiley:

I haven’t mentioned the score directly to Jonboy, I’ve been there plenty of times (6-0 at Reading last season for a start) and I know how much it hurts. Derby have good fans. I couldn’t believe how full the ground stayed even when we were 4-0 up in 58mins. Of course, that didn’t stop us taking the mick! :smiling_imp:

Limestone
That is one thing we ALL need (Well apart from motorbikes and Bee Emms, they use their brakes as ofter as their winkers!)

thank you once again for all your opinions.

The poll suggests that the Volvo is the best truck closely followed by the Iveco. Those that chose these models, would you be so kind to tell me why!?

Also, what is so terribly wrong with the Renault trucks, for it to get erm…0 votes■■?

I think you will have got those results because according to most :stuck_out_tongue:

Volvos are comfy and do what they are supposed to.

Iveco have come forward in leaps and bounds especially with the active cab. Its amazing for storage and living in if you can put up with the chintzy look.

Renault have a bad press really as most people think of the Premium as it is designed as a fleet truck (I enjoyed my time in one) but a Magnum is a well thought out well designed truck, especially the new one as it is based wholly on a Volvo from the chassis rails, engine gearbox and fuel tanks.

Thats my take on it anyway.

On my truck, and others i’m sure, the dash indicator light stops working if an indicator bulb has blown…the flasher unit detects the resistence drop.
It would be easy for manufacturers to fit a resistence detector to the brake light circuit. Maybe by 2025?
Perhaps in 2025 a high-tech transparent mirror will be available, to eliminate
the blind spots?
I’d like a speed limiter that I can set myself, for those long 40 and 50mph roads, (a momentary lapse caused me 3 points!!) Should be cheap and easy to incorporate into the system.
A timer on those ■■■■ rear fog lights so that they switch themselves off after an hour or two.
(more applicable to cars,for obvious reasons)