Oops!!

Oops!! Someone’s not had a good start to the new year!!!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e … e-42576961

One of our lot but definitely not me :wink:

Perhaps it was windy and icey!!

How on earth do you get into that kind of mess?
Unbelievable

how has the chassis snapped on the unit ■■.. seriously strong bolts on the 5th wheel. :smiley:

Hope his Lidl bag for life and Bluetooth earpiece were ok…

Charged with careless driving

eveningexpress.co.uk/news/s … ign=buffer

“Straight over the next roundabout”…

:grimacing:

Another
■■■■
Day
Ahead.

scoobyears:
how has the chassis snapped on the unit ■■.. seriously strong bolts on the 5th wheel. :smiley:

I was looking at that thinking… something doesn’t look right there… then… where the ■■■■ is the drive axle :open_mouth: :laughing:

You would have thought to do that much of a mess of the unit,it would have made more of a mess of the trailer aswell.
Not seen a unit snap in half before must have gone with a bang though :open_mouth:

Chris1207:
where the [zb] is the drive axle :open_mouth: :laughing:

You could run a…

Competition like the old ‘Spot the Ball’ of yesteryear. Put a X where you think the axle might be.

Nearest X wins a bag of turnips or some other worthwhile prize.

It hasn’t been icy for a few days and judging by the lack of marks on the grass then my guess is he has gone over the roundabout rather than came to rest on it. A careless driving charge suggests that any damage was a result of the RTC rather than a cause

scanny77:
It hasn’t been icy for a few days and judging by the lack of marks on the grass then my guess is he has gone over the roundabout rather than came to rest on it. A careless driving charge suggests that any damage was a result of the RTC rather than a cause

I refer the honourable member to my earlier answer.

Ice maybe.

having said that I just saw scanny77 post and I stand corrected

Same run,.same route,.same time …every night.
The most boring trucking job known to man imo., you are bound to be on autopilot more times than not, and tired also, I reckon. I’m surprised this sort of thing doesn’t happen more often.

the nodding donkey:
“Straight over the next roundabout”…

:grimacing:

Certainly looks like that looking at damage to unit wheels. Has he come down slip road too fast. Lucky only that much damage as that roundabout has loads of trees and bushes…

the nodding donkey:

scanny77:

I think you’re right. If its the roundabout I think it is it is at the eastern end of the bypass. He’s been heading west, empty, back to Grangemouth, come haring down the slip road and as you say ‘over the roandabout’.

Looks like he’s taken the sign out and ripped his near side diesel tank off. To me the unit is still attached. Where the ‘bulls eye light is’ seems to be a mixture of top of the sign, landing legs, whatever he’s ripped off the unit and rear axle. Could be a newish unit as well as I thought their older Scany’s would be painted Asda green. Could be a subby pulling an Asda trailer?

Sand Fisher:

the nodding donkey:

scanny77:

I think you’re right. If its the roundabout I think it is it is at the eastern end of the bypass. He’s been heading west, empty, back to Grangemouth, come haring down the slip road and as you say ‘over the roandabout’.

Looks like he’s taken the sign out and ripped his near side diesel tank off. To me the unit is still attached. Where the ‘bulls eye light is’ seems to be a mixture of top of the sign, landing legs, whatever he’s ripped off the unit and rear axle. Could be a newish unit as well as I thought their older Scany’s would be painted Asda green. Could be a subby pulling an Asda trailer?

The green scanias are a fairly new sight around here. They were definitely white a couple of years ago when I did a few months working for them. The Christmas units were white scanias too at the time

Sand Fisher:

the nodding donkey:

scanny77:

Certainly that roundabout and as you say lots of bushes and trees. To get from the slip road to where he ended up he’d need to go up a steep bank, pretty much to the level of the A1 on the bridge above, and through the dense shrubery. For that reason I reckon he was heading east along the bypass.