OOOPS

Looks like somebody forgot to put the parking brake on…

Maybe ferry was full and that was the last place left :wink:

Seen It several times already on here I think…

Very good though…

Bloody hell, those fifth wheel couplings are stronger than i thought!

And is that where SpeedOne ended up when SpeedFerries went pop? Cos that boat looks very familiar.

The things some drivers do to be first off the boat. I don’t know what sort of damage that strop would have done though.

probably a polish driver, got his truck washed for free, then charges the boss…ha ha …i really would have liked to see the film of the recovery.

truckyboy:
probably a polish driver, got his truck washed for free, then charges the boss…ha ha …i really would have liked to see the film of the recovery.

So just watch the movie to the end…

I think that, together with your stupid anti-polish comments, sums it up :slight_smile:

That must have cost the transport company a lot of money what with possible damage to the wagon/trailer, hire of mobile crane and demurrage costs for the shipping line.

I thought the fuel tank stood up to the pressure quite well.

orys:

truckyboy:

So just watch the movie to the end…

I think that, together with your stupid anti-polish comments, sums it up :slight_smile:

Calm down mate, I read that comment as being very tongue in cheek.

bald bloke:
That must have cost the transport company a lot of money what with possible damage to the wagon/trailer, hire of mobile crane and demurrage costs for the shipping line.

I’m not so sure, I would have thought responsibility for securing it to the deck while at sea was the responsibility of the shipping line.

They strap motorbikes down so surely they strap the trucks?

I guess trucks are a tad heavier than bikes…lol

If the driver forgets the parking brake then they’re ■■■■■■ anyway I suppose!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Never took a lorry on a Med crossing,so don’t know how rough (or not) it gets.If the handbrake was off,it surely would be at the bottom of the sea.The rear wheels seem to be holding on by their fingertips,and the trailer doesn’t look like it’s bottomed out,so what’s keeping it there?

Harry Monk:

bald bloke:

I’m not so sure, I would have thought responsibility for securing it to the deck while at sea was the responsibility of the shipping line.

Maybe it wasn’t tied down because the forecast was for a calm crossing or a short crossing. Things on ships tend to move sidewards rather than back or forth.

bald bloke:

Harry Monk:

Maybe it wasn’t tied down because the forecast was for a calm crossing or a short crossing. Things on ships tend to move sidewards rather than back or forth.

In general, even on the calmest of days they lash the frontmost and rearmost trucks down. I haven’t translated the page but it says it was filmed at Ceuta so I imagine the ferry has come from Algeciras so it’s hardly the Woolwich ferry.

so thats where renaults come from…

Truckulent:
If the driver forgets the parking brake then they’re [zb] anyway I suppose!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

You cant forget the parking brake in a Renault. It screams at you like you have shot its first born. Same if you park it in drive rather than neutral.

I miss the old seacats on the dover routes.

I can’t say I ever remember seeing any kind of strapping for vehicles onboard though?

Hope to heck he/she wasnt having 40 winks on the bunk!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A Russian relying on the ability to fly out the window landing on their feet won’t be helping here will it? :unamused: