Ooops....12 points

Recently came home to open a months worth of post and found 2 speeding camera ‘intentions of prosecution.’ I already have 6 points and both of those are only in the last 12 months

Whats the crack here guys ? Does the fact that a disqualification would cause undue hardship cut it these days ?
I seem to remember reading in the tabloids about some geezers having 30+ points and still driving because they ‘need’ their licences

Or is it time to call it a day…my get up and go got up and went years ago for running trucks for a living…

R u still running a unit mark? With regards to the points, enough case law precedents have been set that have allowed thousands to run with over the guideline 12. Don’t see why you should be any different.

I would think that as your supposed to be a highly trained professional you wont have a leg to stand on fella

I’ve known blokes with 12 points get a telling off but kept their licences.

Don’t trip up on any halos dropped by real pros… :laughing:

Get a decent solicitor and plead for mercy. An unscrupulous person may get a friend or relative to take them.

Possible 12 points in 12 months … I really think you need to have a word with yourself and work out why you are doing such then change whatever it is

kr79:
Get a decent solicitor and plead for mercy. An unscrupulous person may get a friend or relative to take them.

Especially that foreigner Pavlov who’s now gone home with no forwarding address.

Only thing is even if you keep your licence how will your companies insurance veiw it.
Firm I used to work for driver had 9 points for on the phone 3 separate offences and the insurance wanted an extra amount to cover him which the firm charged him

I’m running 2 at moment Matt…(woodtransport) but getting less enthusiastic by the day

They tell us tired drivers are more dangerous than drunk drivers and practically exempt us from WTD with the POA
Some may recall my last post ‘Highway Robbery’…got stung £4500 for a straight tow 200yds into Trowell by Highways Agency because they classed it as ‘substancially damaged’
Then £800 in 3 fines for minor Tacho offences at the roadside by VOSA last May (1st gen. digi tacho which just rob you of drive time)

I think I’m getting well tired and fed up of it TBH

Been a CPC holder and operating trucks on and off for nigh on 30 years without hurting anyone
Then still had to sit 35 hours for DCPC…just did the ADR…again…and learned NOTHING new…again

Did like the comment about tripping up over the halos though…!

mark j robinson:
Some may recall my last post ‘Highway Robbery’…got stung £4500 for a straight tow 200yds into Trowell by Highways Agency

U vaguely remember that. Weren’t you going to appeal? How did it go?

m1cks:

kr79:

Especially that foreigner Pavlov who’s now gone home with no forwarding address.

ask for a pic so you can decide if it was you,or your flipflop double manned driver that was driving,no forwarding address isn’t great,easier to find one in Dublin,or abroad that exists,and bounce it there,though its always difficult to decide who was driving as most likely it wasn’t you at the time…

Yes m1cks…well not appeal as such… had a telephone row with a Highways manager on 2 separate occasions…some ■■■■ sucking college boy called Smon Mansfild who refused to accept the truck WASN’T substancially damaged - and took 2 minutes to tow up the slip road to the service area
I sued the tyre company for the wheels coming off AFTER 25 KILOMETRES but had to stand over £1000 in solicitors fees myself

No Sympathy from me .Slow down,its ***** like you who discredit the job. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ooooooooohhhhhhh

Even if the court do allow you to keep your licence, I am sure the Traffic Commisioner will have something to say about it.

Thank you so much for that shirtpox

I have no worries about tripping over your halo, I won’t be able to miss it

mark j robinson:

SHot yourself in the foot though fella 6 points on your licence and collecting another 6 … you haven’t learnt :unamused:

nick2008:

mark j robinson:

SHot yourself in the foot though fella 6 points on your licence and collecting another 6 … you haven’t learnt :unamused:

Spot on, most would take 6 points a sign to slow down, very little sympathy from me.

I’m not asking for any sympathy whatsoever…!

I was just asking if any users of the forum had or knew of people with experience of this situation

Look at the title of the post…do I sound devastated ?

But to come on an OWNER DRIVERS forum to be called a **** reminds me of how unrewarding it is to earn your living in this game

VOSA, filth, Highways Agency, Idiot car drivers, Idiot truck drivers, congestion, Queues at customers, ports, railports, RDCs…you’re welcome to it

Speak to this guy

agtlaw.co.uk/