Ooops....12 points

mark j robinson:
I’m not asking for any sympathy whatsoever…!
I don’t think anyone is offering any

I was just asking if any users of the forum had or knew of people with experience of this situation

Look at the title of the post…do I sound devastated ?
complaisant more like
But to come on an OWNER DRIVERS forum to be called a **** reminds me of how unrewarding it is to earn your living in this game
its not a game though is it… well it might be for some

VOSA, filth, Highways Agency, Idiot car drivers, Idiot truck drivers, congestion, Queues at customers, ports, railports, RDCs…you’re welcome to it
so whats your point

The majority of replies on here tend to offer constructive comment and helpful advice

But theres always a couple who have nothing better to do than have a dig…without any provocation whatsoever

The pub game, the building game, the transport game - it’s only a word…don’t get all offended

And my point is the only thing NOT underlined with red comment

del trotter:
Speak to this guy

agtlaw.co.uk/

Member agtlaw is on the pistonheads site law forum and is with that company

I got done for speeding and the three points took me to 15,I kept my licence through pleading hardship. Drive it like ya stole it.

tbh Mark, it sounds to me like you don’t really care about the job any more.

Not necessarily a bad thing - I’ve always believed that if you feel that way about a job (or a relationship) then the only honest thing to do is move on and find something else to do. THe problem is that the TC is getting quite hot on drivers picking up points and will suspend entitlements if he/she/it feels further action is necessary.

If I may offer some advice I think you should appeal hardship, see what happens and then sit down and take stock of what is going on. If you truly have had enough then get out. But don’t just jump - you need something to keep the money rolling in.

Not an automatic ban - depends on circumstances and whether the Judge got his legover the previous night,
I have seen a licence with 44 points on it

mark j robinson:
Thank you so much for that shirtpox

I have no worries about tripping over your halo, I won’t be able to miss it

Picking up 12 points kind of excludes you from giving attitude when someone calls you on it.
As for wanting to keep your license by pleading hardship if you lose it,maybe you should have thought of that before. Just because you are an OD means you can somehow gather more points than a simple employee and keep on driving?

my own opinion in reading the other posts, the guy needs taking off the road! speeding offences and tacho offences and then blames the company he is working for, then says he as done the cpc again, adr again ect but learned nothing… not saying the cpc is anything more then crap but one thing it does do is through down your neck about keeping your speed down and your tacho right… …

just cos youve been doing for 30 years doesnt make you safe, just lucky…