OOHH DEER!

I had my first encounter with Scottish wildlife last night. I finished a 12 hour shift for NFT in Crick,then i jumped in my car headed north to livingston.
After Carnwath i headed on the lanark road west about 02.30. i was doing about 65 then they went for me 2 prime scottish deer had nothing better to do than play chicken with a 2 ton mpv.

It went so fast instead of running away they jumped in front of me. I stayed calm and ■■■■ myself. Somehow we missed each other and i live to see another shift.
Has any one else had a encounter with wildlife?

a fly hit my windscreen he had no chance :laughing: :laughing:

sent a card to his family tho :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

I hope you didn’t have to pay a excess on your windscreen!

My wife hit a white tail deer in her Izusu Trooper years ago.While the deer got up and limped away,the car had to be towed away and ultimately was written off by the insurance company.My wife,who is quite tough,was unhurt.Of course it was not her fault. :unamused:

Black bears are becoming an almost common site along the roads.Something I definitely don’t want to run over. :frowning:

It is somthing that i will never forget it came so close. i have seen many deer at the side of the road but never thought about the outcome for the driver.
Dont get me wrong i would act the same way if it was in my artic

carlbrum:
a fly hit my windscreen he had no chance :laughing: :laughing:

sent a card to his family tho :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

My thoughts and prays are with his family.

When are the inocent going to stop losing their lives on our roads :question:

Longwayround:
Black bears are becoming an almost common site along the roads.Something I definitely don’t want to run over. :frowning:

I’d rather run them over as opposed to just giving them an annoying ‘nudge’, and then getting out to examine the damage. :smiley:

On the U.S. 19, just North of Hudson, FL, there is sign warning of Bears. Not a good place to get a puncture. :open_mouth:

A few months ago, coming up the A350 (is it) towards Chippenham, the road where they built all the bridges to accomodate a dual carriageway, but only built a single carriageway :unamused: , for some reason, I flicked it onto main beam, and saw a deer in my path. With no opposing traffic, I was able to swing it over the road. I had visions of pulling back into the yard with a ‘highly modified’ front end and venision ‘load strapped’ to the ‘wheel carrier’ of the trailer. :smiley:

Those black bears are really moving when they launch out of the bush. I have no wish to try it, but I hear they will put a truck on its side if you catch them with a wheel, or if you hit them full centre they will rip sumps off, air tanks and all sorts of other costly stuff. Lots around this year, too.

Had a couple of close calls with Moose, and I hit a deer in April but just with the rear fender. The deer got away but I had to straighten the fender before I could carry on as it was touching the wheels.

Skunks are still the worst.

Whilst living in South Africa, I was travelling with my daughter, Helen aged 2yrs and we overtook a truck and hit a cow. I was driving a VW Beetle at the time so we were lucky it hit the side of the car and not the front which as we know is where the boot is. The cow got up and walked away, but a couple of hours later when we stopped at our hotel, I had to have a stiff drink. The car had a big dent for a few months till I could get it fixed. Liz

bobthedog:
Skunks are still the worst.

I was driving a bus full of school kids to a ranch about 70 km away from the base in Belize when I was in the Army and hit a skunk about 30km from the ranch, the stink was that bad we had to abandon the trip and get someone to bring another bus out for the kids. I had to stay with the bus and bring it back, but the driver who came for the kids bought out his gas mask for me.

Hit 2 sheep blood and guts everywhere :blush: :blush:

ravanoli:
Has any one else had a encounter with wildlife?

our lass came with me once does that count?

I hit a badger and made a real mess of it (as you would expect). :smiling_imp:

When I stopped in the quarry to take the sheet off I had a Hairy Badger Burger stuck to the front face of the mudguard…still, at least I didn’t have to stop for dinner that day. :blush: :unamused: :open_mouth:

I saw a silverback gorilla three weeks ago. Didn’t cause much damage though cause it was in a cage at Twycross Zoo! Do i win a prize?

:laughing: :laughing: Common occurence in the Northwest USA :laughing: :laughing:

Took an 8 point down the passenger side of the wifes Crown Victoria :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Took out the headlight, sidelight / indicators and dented front and rear doors :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Missed the mirror though :smiley: Snapped its horns on the A pillar.
My first words : [zb] me that was lucky … and probably expensive :laughing:
The wife : should we check its OK or take it to the vet or something :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
errrrm no dear :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Second time 18 months later

Had friend over from UK and took him out up the mountains in the pick up.Heading back into town for food about 11 at night and as we come around a bend at 65 a whole heard of mostly young ones run across the road in front of us. Friend is screaming “dear”, no way to stop, truck plows straaight through thembouncing like hell :laughing: Friend hits his head on roof :laughing: It’s pitch black and I aint stopping and meeting momma and poppa. Continue into town stop at diner and check truck which is undamaged but with lots of blood and hair on wheels and bumper. Friend throws up all over car park accusing me of murdering Bambi :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
He sips on a coffee we have Steak and Eggs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: Hit a mountain lion to with the minivan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DOH! a deer a female deer,RAY … :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL montanaman like the bambi story :slight_smile:

Hope you can sleep at night… poor bambi :cry:

oi jimti gerroff me avatar :exclamation:

I know its wrong

But any one got any pictures of splattered rigs :laughing: