Ooh, one for the pole-haters

I wonder if this fella can repair their reputation that some here pin on them skills-wise :smiley:

hope so :slight_smile:

Was there a shortage of British drivers then?. :wink:;););).

el gordo 78:
I wonder if this fella can repair their reputation that some here pin on them skills-wise :smiley:

What reputation do “some here” pin o them “el gordo”. I don’t like them because they compete with me and make it harder for me to find easy work. Whats the deal bro !!!

as my post says - skills-wise :stuck_out_tongue:

some make the assertion they tend to be crash-happy and bollard-breakers after a mate of a mate of a mate saw one write off a trailer when he clipped a pebble etc :smiley:

not saying you do :slight_smile:

a contentious post, and i cant really see the point of it gordo apart from stirring things up, is that the case? who is on here a “pole hater”? strong words m8, and your words. so who are the pole haters?

i’ll stand up and be counted as a one that rails against the importation of ex soviet block drivers, and thats all of them not just poles, because they will in time, remove the benefits of a bigger demand than there was drivers situation, but i dont hate any of them, just the uk governemnt what ships them in.

el gordo 78:

Ah so you think he can blind side reverse a 45’ trailer into a parking bay between 2 other trucks on the M11 services :laughing:

a contentious post, and i cant really see the point of it gordo apart from stirring things up, is that the case? who is on here a “pole hater”? strong words m8, and your words. so who are the pole haters?

i’ll stand up and be counted as a one that rails against the importation of ex soviet block drivers, and thats all of them not just poles, because they will in time, remove the benefits of a bigger demand than there was drivers situation, but i dont hate any of them, just the uk governemnt what ships them in.

Nail on the head Mal, totally agree, its down to the UK Government, they are not looking after their own people. But we would do the same as the Poles in their situation Im afraid.
Its incredible how many drivers you might go to chat to when ranking up etc only to find they are ex Soviet block drivers. there must be a huge amount of them over here. I know that I cant get a better job in the South East despite the apparent driver shortage.
Phil

i dont blame therm either phil, id do it meself. ive had two nights out wirth the company of poles (they were just visiting) they were sound blokes and even got the beer in. in fact, i seriously thought of going to live in the eastern eu! the countryside is nice, the houses are better than the lunaticly priced dog kennel we are living in, and im sure theres other benefits!

but the govt is taking the ■■■■, and we know they are, i feel sorry for anyone that dont know it, as they must be as gullible as ■■■■! :laughing: our glorious leaders are theives robbers and liars that feather their own nests and them of their big business buddies, whoever is in, well thats my opinion and nowt ive seen in near on 47 years does anything but prove it!

looks like jac’s was asking for to much money and bmw said we will get a polish driver in there cheaper and we can put him up in a caravan in the back of the yard :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

its a joke back off the mike :wink:

jon

I prefer POLE DANCERS :wink:

…so he never made it as an HGV driver then :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

apparently he kept failing on the reverse so they’ve put him in something that only has forward gears :open_mouth:

paul b:
apparently he kept failing on the reverse so they’ve put him in something that only has forward gears :open_mouth:

Well, he could have practiced in an Italian Tank… they only had reverse :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mal:
i dont blame therm either phil, id do it meself. ive had two nights out wirth the company of poles (they were just visiting) they were sound blokes and even got the beer in. in fact, i seriously thought of going to live in the eastern eu! the countryside is nice, the houses are better than the lunaticly priced dog kennel we are living in, and im sure theres other benefits!

but the govt is taking the [zb], and we know they are, i feel sorry for anyone that dont know it, as they must be as gullible as [zb]! :laughing: our glorious leaders are theives robbers and liars that feather their own nests and them of their big business buddies, whoever is in, well thats my opinion and nowt ive seen in near on 47 years does anything but prove it!

Well said Mal,according to the latest figures we have over 900,000 unemployed (and that’s the governments cooked figures!) so why do we need to import ANYBODY for ANYTHING?

tartanraider:

Mal:

but the govt is taking the [zb], and we know they are, i feel sorry for anyone that dont know it, as they must be as gullible as [zb]! :laughing: our glorious leaders are theives robbers and liars that feather their own nests and them of their big business buddies, whoever is in, well thats my opinion and nowt ive seen in near on 47 years does anything but prove it!

Well said Mal,according to the latest figures we have over 900,000 unemployed (and that’s the governments cooked figures!) so why do we need to import ANYBODY for ANYTHING?

If there was a massive Government funded scheme to get these unemployed HGV licences so they coud fill the vacancies, people on this board would have the same type of posts. There would be the complaints that they get free training when most of us had to pay for ours and then of course the story’s about them crashing trucks, not being able to do the job. etc.

When you see the figure 900,000 how many are short term unemployed and how many have been unemployed for more than 6 months and how many of the long term unemployed are those that are unable or unwilling to work. We’ve all met them, they get a job because they have to and then make sure they get fired ASAP. Who’d want to employ them and who’d want to work with them.
Like Mal said don’t blame the Polish drivers for our problems, they just trying to make a living and are willing to stay away from families to get a better life. Something most of us can understand, blame the government, they had the option of maintaining controls over workers from the new EU countries, but unlike most of Europe they choose not to.

tartanraider:

as you say tartan, there is no other logical reason for the govt to import anybody, but you can guarantee it’s a fiddle if them lot are involved anyway! i used to wonder why the hell the eu wanted to let the old commie states join the eu. i mean, theyre all bankrupt economies we are told, so why bail them out at huge expencxe, it dont make sense?

well, i reckon we are seeing it right now. they are using the old soviet block countries for labour, and mainly to try and pay pentions that the funds what were paid in have been frittered away over generations by the govt which are prized ■■■■■! and theres the bonus that people get scared and knuckle down when jobs are tight on, maggie taught them that!

If there was a massive Government funded scheme to get these unemployed HGV licences so they coud fill the vacancies, people on this board would have the same type of posts. There would be the complaints that they get free training when most of us had to pay for ours and then of course the story’s about them crashing trucks, not being able to do the job. etc.

your right muckles, and i’ll say right now i’d be one of them who would moan about it, unless it was in the form of a repayable loan. people that are willing to pay are going to be better in the long run anyway, the freeloaders are what they are. and also, the govt would pay for this with our money, when in reality, the free market would have to sort itself, and if drivers were short then the trade would have to sort it which i think is the way to go. we’d reap the benefits of a nice little shortage anyway, like we have over the past few years and the country aint exactly ground to a halt. I mean, if theyre were a million barristers on the dole, they wouldnt be racking up 3 grand a day! supply & demand :wink:

one thing that amazes me about this subject is the polish drivers get no end of stick from folk,now i know from experience that alot of them couldnt drive a nail into wood .if anyones to blame for there driving standards its the companies that employ them they should train them properly but companies aint gonna do that cuz that costs money and god forbid that the british haulage industry invest in itself its no wonder this industry is in the state its in when haulage boss,s would rather exploit cheap forign labour than train there own staff.

And what does motor racing have to with the PDF?.

Absolutely nothing, Jammy…but in between it being posted and spotted it’s gone down the track of haulage and imported labour, so I guess it’d better stay now… :confused: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: