Only SIX weeks to go! What you doing?

Christmas Tree

Yes boys and girls, it’s only 6 weeks to go… and that time of the year is here again, you know, the one where, the little ankle biters are deeply engrossed in the Argos catalogue, saying thing like -

“I like that Playstation 2 Dad” and “That mobile phone is brilliant Dad, I love you Dad”

It’s the time when your wallet, has no hope of keeping it’s contents!Money

So whats everyone on here doing?

I am fortunate (I think thats the right phrase?), my company shuts down for two weeks (18th Dec to 4th Jan), so I will be home. There may be the occasional abnormal load needs moving, so I may may get the odd chance to escape :wink:

So come on lets here your plans and while on the subject -

A big thank you to Rikki & Lucy, all the moderators and everyone else on Trucknet UK and
Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year
Christmas Card

JohnMistletoe

working xmas eve and start back on the 27th. then finsh new years eve and start back on the 3rd.

well if you lot didn’t buy milk i wouldn’t have to :open_mouth:

merry xmas one and all :smiley: :smiley:

jon

Just 2 days off for me…xmas day & new years day :frowning:

Bully

will be in kuwait with the yanks :laughing: :laughing:

neil46:
will be in kuwait with the yanks :laughing: :laughing:

YOUR NUTS M8.KWACKA,S INFACT… KEEP YA HEED DOON AND BE SAFE

Finish Thurday morning 9( last night shift) then back in on the Tuesday night for triple time :slight_smile:… work til Thurday again and the same the next week although i think the Tuesday after new year will only be single time :frowning::(.

Saturday and Sunday off, Monday is back to work :confused: What is this christmas thing he speaketh of?

Its my choice as I need my holiday time later in the year on our continental motorcycling holiday :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully it will be business as normal with Friday and Saturday off then back to work on the Sunday.

well as you all know i only work christmas eve every year…but for 364 days i have to build all the new toys the kids want…i also have to feed the reindeer and get the sleigh mot`d in case i get a pull…the elves are complaining that they want to work under the w.t.d. whatever that is…and there is rumour that they want east europeans to join in the malarky cos its cheaper…well i can tell you that i aint having none of that…whoever wants to work for me can…but they will earn the minimum wage like everyone else…but i will pay time and a half for xmas eve…and double time if it goes into xmas day…

may i take this opportunity of wishing everyone on this wonderful site especially the admins…a very happy christmas and a prosperous new year and may all your dreams come true …
best regards trucky (bob)

Bully:
Just 2 days off for me…xmas day & new years day :frowning:

Bully

But both fall on a Saturday this year Bully :slight_smile:
First Christmas with my company I told them that there is no way I will work on Boxing day because it is a traditional English religious holiday, and I will be drinking religiously :laughing: :laughing:
This year we have a choice of the Friday or the Monday off :exclamation: I will take Monday and get some down :laughing:

cornish trucker:
So come on lets here your plans and while on the subject -

A big thank you to Rikki & Lucy, all the moderators and everyone else on Trucknet UK and
Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year
Christmas Card

JohnMistletoe

Preparing a darkened room so I can avoid the whole sorry charade :sunglasses: .

PMSL @ truckyboy…Get a hair cut and beard trim … and return all those mini pens to Argos and Index Extra… Don’t think we don’t know that you don’t make those prezzies! :laughing: :smiley:

I think I’m working all over Christmas & New Year except Christmas Day BUT I will be in bed Christmas Day afternoon. Dont forget to check out www.noradsanta.org which is in its 50th year at tracking Santa.
Merry Christmas & a Happy & safe New Year.

Christmas Day off. That’s it. :cry:

[zb]'ing slave drivers at our place. So if you see a brown cab Iveco (FJ51 reg) with a fed up looking driver around Yorkshire and the North Midlands over the festive :unamused: period then give me a flash!

Frohliche Weinacthen und eine gluckliche neu jahre to all. Yes my german spelling is poor. :slight_smile:

Yeti

Yep Yeti only Christmas Day off. I do RDC chilled deliveries into Tesco’s at Didcot so it means me working, not sure what times they will be open but I shall be there :frowning:

If it’s anything like the past two Christmas day’s I will be digging the car out of 2 ft of snow :frowning:

As I havent found my knight in shining armour (Scania/Volvo Renaut or whatever ) I will sit on my own with a bottle of something and the big tin of chocolates I have bought in readiness. At least I will be in control of the T.V zapper

Danneke

Danneke i presume you are female?..

There is no way you can have control of the buttons for the telly lone woman or not just like Yorkies its not for girls!!!..

jammymutt:
Danneke i presume you are female?..

There is no way you can have control of the buttons for the telly lone woman or not just like Yorkies its not for girls!!!..

YORKIES…mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they are TOO for girls!!! Chocolate doesn’t discriminate!!! lol :laughing:

well, It sounds like most people will be working over the xmas period…
Ha ha… not me though… I finish on tuesday the 22nd, and dont go back til the 4th Jan… :wink:

Spending a couple of days with the other half in Chichister, then down to my parents in Devon for xmas, then onwards to Looe in Cornwall for New Year… Party party party… hee hee :sunglasses: :smiley: