Only class two!

SimonRS2K:
I passed my test class2 on 07/05/89 the day before my 18th birthday and ive been driving ever since but does that make me a better driver? simon

You passed your test before your 18th birthday? How is that possible? Of all the people from the Young Drivers Scheme I’ve met (myself included) I was convinced that you had to be over 18, but you’re telling us that you got it at 17?

Just curious …

Craig

No dummies here sorry

I think your missing the point JT i dont need to recoup any money as i hav’nt spent any. And why should i pay for a license so that somebody else can earn money of me i mean if your boss said to you tomorrow you have to buy your own uniform with his name on it you would tell him to [zb] off would’nt you.

reason for no class 1 is not found anyone willing to pay for it yet :frowning:

your right about one thing though the car in my avatar was a silly impulse buy but im glad i did it.

simon

Implied language edit.L.:wink:

Craig 111:

SimonRS2K:
I passed my test class2 on 07/05/89 the day before my 18th birthday and ive been driving ever since but does that make me a better driver? simon

You passed your test before your 18th birthday? How is that possible? Of all the people from the Young Drivers Scheme I’ve met (myself included) I was convinced that you had to be over 18, but you’re telling us that you got it at 17?

Just curious …

Craig

did it in the army
simon

There is no way you where in a “wet muddy field” loaded to 38t with beet and drove your truck out.Are you sure there wasn’t a 300hp tractor with duals pushing up your behind!!!? :laughing:

Sorry Big Truck but I have driven a 38t on muck away work & it is possible. It depends on the site but it is possible.
I’v been bogged down, but it requires more than you would think to bog you down.

Simon whats wrong with paying for your licence yourself■■? :confused: :confused: you will get it all back after 2 weeks work, if you can get a class 1 job that is. Once you get it you will earn decent money and not have pilot a wheelbarrow about allday :laughing: I would say quite a high number of drivers pay for their own training, most companys who will pay for it expect you to stay with them for x number of years or pay it back if you leave, and those companys tend to have trouble recruiting experienced drivers anyway so you take your choice.
As for the uniform statment thats hardly an argument for not paying for training is it? :unamused: All I know is I earn alot more money in my area being a class 1 driver then I would if I was only a class 2 driver :sunglasses: why ? because I have more responsibility and am a better driver. :laughing: :laughing:

JT nothing wrong with paying for your license if you want to but if you can get it free then thats even better do you not think so■■? And if a company is willing to invest the money to pay for a license for then i have no problem in signing a contract to work for them for x amount of years as long as the contract does’nt take the [zb].
Plus you say you will get your money back after 2 weeks work then what about the 2 weeks wages you have just lost to pay for license■■?
and what makes you think your a better driver having a class 1 there are plenty of class 1 drivers who are complete muppets just as there are plenty of class 2 drivers out there

simon

JT, Michael Schumacher is a better driver than you and as far as I know,he doesn’t have a class 1 or class 2 licence :smiley:

Dan.

:unamused: :unamused: if you want to pay for your licence ,you only have to have training on your paid holiday so your not really losing money just some time and i am afraid if you are serious about becoming a class 1 driver you will make alittle sacrifice here and there to get your licence :confused:
Yes there are some muppet s holding a class 1 but I am talking about myself when I say I am a better driver then a class 2 driver :unamused: :unamused: show a future boss some comitment and show him you are willing to invest your money in your future, otherwise you will be stuck driving a rigid for too long, and restricting your wages and future jobs available to you. As I can see it with all this free training available for the unemployed/unemployable class 2 will be 10 a penny so having a class 1 will be a big plus to anyone holding it.

I am at present paying for my class 1 training, but having failed the test 3 times its becoming a bit more expensive than I expected. :unamused:

just testing:
:Yes there are some muppet s holding a class 1 but I am talking about myself when I say I am a better driver then a class 2 driver .

90% of drivers think they’re better than the average driver :wink:

Just Testing claims to be a better driver, well, he is ,of course, entitled to his ego, sorry, i meant opinion. I will reserve judgment until he overtakes me in the correct manor, with plenty of use of his MIRRORS and INDICATORS and not closing my braking distance.!!
Happy Trucking
Roy.

Well roy next time i am passing through your manor :laughing: i WILL over take you with nothing but perfection that you would expect from a CLASS1 driver :wink:

just testing:
Sorry if this upsets anyone :cry: but I wouldnt drive a rigid unless I was desperate , just dont like them nothing more then a big old van, and 90% of them are now driven by amateurs who seem to know it all and are only driving a rigid until someone pays for their test :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: etc etc!!! so that leaves 10% of them who are mostly old fellas just running up to retirement, who know what they are doing.
And no I didnt ever drive one, passed class one in good old days before laws changed , when you paid for your own licence instead of holding your hands out and expecting grants etc. 13.04.96 to be exact, straight into a job out of Felixstowe , real work :laughing: :laughing: no silly little agency jobs.
Oh well suppose that will upset afew but that is my opinion, a class 2 will always be a lower wage, because a class 1 driver is a better driver . So there is a diffrence.

Nice one mate, :smiley: as I am just a class two driver I know you are far better at driving than me :blush: even though you have only just passed your test, :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: ( not even a decade into the job and he knows it all?) :grimacing: I only drive a little 18 metre A frame drawbar that takes no skill at all to drive, but as I am only an amature it’s not a problem for me… :wink: Mind you unlike a lot of Class 1 drivers I have to take mine round the houses, up the mountains and through the centre’s of some of the major cities of Europe, but I am sure that EVERY class one driver would have no problems with that, because by sitting the same test in a different vehicle makes you more proffesional. :question: :question:

hey jt… only one or two bad remarks there you done well… see this new t net is better hahaha, in the old days you would have had bill n me giving you a right going over…ANYWAY HERE GOES… PERSONALLY… (AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION MIND)…[zb]… :unamused: :unamused:

Nice new forums, same old grumpy mod! The personal attack had to go…L.:wink:

where ya gone JT? no more witty comebacks or are you out perfecting your perfect driving skills■■? :laughing: :laughing:

I think they say ‘only class two’ because, secretly, everyone wants to have their class one eventually. :stuck_out_tongue: Has nothing to do with skill.

roytheboy:
where ya gone JT? no more witty comebacks or are you out perfecting your perfect driving skills■■? :laughing: :laughing:

he’s probably still bogged down in his [zb] trying to figure out how to use a diff lock to get out :wink:

simon

Too obvious…L.:wink:

lol @ mods… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … if steve wright can use the word muppet and muppetry why not little old me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It wasn’t the word, it was the tone…rules is rules…plus one of these days someone’ll work out that sticking a [zb] let’s people insert a far stronger word…:wink: :grimacing: :sunglasses: