Only class two!

A couple of times I have seen the comment 'I’ve only got a class 2"

Well I have never taken a class 1 and I don’t care !!!

I have always had work.

CLASS 2 AND PROUD :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers
STEVE.

does it realy matter
:laughing: :laughing:

Ive only got my class 2 as well i’m a bit scared of going for my class 1 incase i go all chunky when i stop grafting for my wages :wink:

That was a joke by the way

simon

ATKIG11:
CLASS 2 AND PROUD :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

To bloody right you should be. Any body who has taken and passed class 1 or 2 or both should be proud. There aint no difference in the test except the unhitching of the trailer and the reverse.

Wayne.

Ive got my class 1 and as far as im concerned youve had the medical and youve taken a test.Class 1 or class2! who cares there both bloody big :wink: Ive never considered my self any bigger or better :sunglasses:

P.s. not all class1 truckers are a tad over weight im 6ft and 14 stone not bad eh :smiley:

Sorry if this upsets anyone :cry: but I wouldnt drive a rigid unless I was desperate , just dont like them nothing more then a big old van, and 90% of them are now driven by amateurs who seem to know it all and are only driving a rigid until someone pays for their test :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: etc etc!!! so that leaves 10% of them who are mostly old fellas just running up to retirement, who know what they are doing.
And no I didnt ever drive one, passed class one in good old days before laws changed , when you paid for your own licence instead of holding your hands out and expecting grants etc. 13.04.96 to be exact, straight into a job out of Felixstowe , real work :laughing: :laughing: no silly little agency jobs.
Oh well suppose that will upset afew but that is my opinion, a class 2 will always be a lower wage, because a class 1 driver is a better driver . So there is a diffrence.

I have a Class one but spend much of my driving time in a Class 2 vehicle, Either solo tractor units or rigids.
But work for a living…NEVER.

just testing:
… snip…And no I didnt ever drive one… (snip)…

a class 2 will always be a lower wage, because a class 1 driver is a better driver . So there is a diffrence.

So can I ask how you would know if youve never driven one??

just testing:
, and 90% of them are now driven by amateurs who seem to know it all and are only driving a rigid until someone pays for their test :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: etc etc!!! so that leaves 10% of them who are mostly old fellas just running up to retirement, who know what they are doing. .

don’t forget those of us who drive rigids because and artic wouldn’t fit in 90% of the places we go

And no I didnt ever drive one, .

so you don’t have any experience to base your opinions on :wink:

Some of the best/most enjoyable jobs I have had where Class 2.
I deliver & collect rental vehicles & can say for a fact they do no more damage to vehicles than class 1 drivers.

just testing:
Sorry if this upsets anyone :cry: but I wouldnt drive a rigid unless I was desperate , just dont like them nothing more then a big old van, and 90% of them are now driven by amateurs who seem to know it all and are only driving a rigid until someone pays for their test :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: etc etc!!! so that leaves 10% of them who are mostly old fellas just running up to retirement, who know what they are doing.
And no I didnt ever drive one, passed class one in good old days before laws changed , when you paid for your own licence instead of holding your hands out and expecting grants etc. 13.04.96 to be exact, straight into a job out of Felixstowe , real work :laughing: :laughing: no silly little agency jobs.
Oh well suppose that will upset afew but that is my opinion, a class 2 will always be a lower wage, because a class 1 driver is a better driver . So there is a diffrence.

I take it you aint ever drove a long wheelbase 8 legger of the more “agricultural low tech” type then JT! For example the Scammell Routeman, try it if you ever get the chance, you might have a rethink on the skills of riding a rigid! :slight_smile:

Mal.

Did my Class 1 mainly so I can tow more than 750kg behind my rigid, and occasionally to drive a wagon & drag (which the Class 2 drivers with grandfather rights can do anyway!). Took me a number of tests to get Class 1, and I paid for it out of my own pocket!

just testing:
Sorry if this upsets anyone :cry: but I wouldnt drive a rigid unless I was desperate …

I drive Class 1 as it was, mainly because there’s little Class 2 euro work around. Personaly I think a Class 2 driver works harder than an artic driver as a lot of multi-drop work is Class 2.

As for a Class 2 driver earning less whats the differance between a 30 tonne rigid and a 30 tonne artic. I may be lucky and earn a good wage from Class 1 work and personaly prefer driving artics but I’m no better than a rigid driver.

The difference is a Class 2 driver may have a better attitude to a Class 1 driver than us big boys(and girls)do of a Class 2 driver.

Don’t drive so well… go censored yourself. You have a better turning circle than we do, and we STILL go into smaller places than you dare. If you ever get round to driving 26 tonnes of mixer on 3 axles, and do it right, then you can say you’re a propper driver. Isn’t that right Atki? :wink:

Nothing more than a big van indeed, and what differentiates us from an artic? The fact it bends? We could respond by saying you’re towing nothing more than a jumped up caravan.

But i’m a professional, and I won’t go there. Having some problems justifying your superiority complex there mate? Sheesh

Oh well, some good answers and only managed to get one person to spit their dummy out :laughing: :laughing:
must dash gotta appointment with a jumped up caravan :wink:
Still wouldnt drive a rigid for love or money :stuck_out_tongue: even though me as a class 1 driver could do a class 2 licence holders job but a class 2 licence holder couldnt do my job :laughing:
PS done sugar beet on 38 ton work on wet muddy fields for two seasons with out having to be towed out of anywhere, does that make me a “proper” driver? :laughing:

allikat:
. You have a better turning circle than we do, and we STILL go into smaller places than you dare.

It makes no odds to me whether its a class 1 or 2, personally i prefer driving artics. As for the above quote, in my opinion, you can get an artic into more tight places than you can a rigid.

Was going to disagree with your last comment Gurner but remembering when I used to do city centre underground supermarket deliveries for Kwik Save with 30ft-ish trailers it was a whole lot easier negotiating the pillars and badly parked TNT vans than what it would’ve been like with a 33ft rigid. There are times and places when it is very difficult to get an artic in places because it’s either a bad blind-side or you don’t have space on your nearside to swing the unit round and line up straight when you’re reversing but I suppose as a general rule I’d agree that artics are easier to maneouvre that rigids once, of course, you get used to and can handle the length (there’s an easy joke in that last bit somewhere but I can’t be bothered :stuck_out_tongue: )

I used to work for a company that had one rigid, but it did not have a regular driver so you used to get it when your vehicle was off the road. I used to like driving it easier to get it round town once you realised that it didn’t bend and started turning earlier and remembered which way to turn when reversing.
I can’t understand the attitude of Artic drivers who would lower themselves to drive a rigid and look down on the drivers, we are all out there trying to do our job and pay the bills. It doesn’t matter what you drive from a small van to an artic, it’s how you do the job that’s important.

just testing:

Nice attitude chunky a couple of points to make
I passed my test class2 on 07/05/89 the day before my 18th birthday and ive been driving ever since but does that make me a better driver? I doubt it.
point 2 whos the bigger fool me for having my car, bike, psv, both fork truck licenses and my class2 and never having paid for a lesson or a test or you for spending your own dosh to enable you to do a job that someone else makes a fortune out of you for doing :open_mouth:

simon

Make that two dummies hitting the floor :laughing: :wink: simon my dear friend I paid for my car motorcyle and class 1 all by my little old self and I would do it again without any hesitation as paying for my class 1 has enable me to recoup the lesson and test fee very quickly :laughing: also if had any desire to be a bus driver or a forkie I am sure I would have considered it right to pay for forementioned tests myself but as I have no wanting to drive either I choose not to :unamused: :unamused:
May I ask why you have never passed your class 1 ?
As for whos the bigger fool I think you little picture by your name answers that one :wink: :wink:
PS last sentence was meant as a joke as I had fords until I could afford a real car :wink:

Careful…L.:wink: