One of the nicest fleets around

Steve is a top man, and he keeps everything tip top. When he had the old Scania with Gussions he kept it immaculate, and I mean IMMACULATE! You could have used the wheelarches for soupbowls.

If you get chance to work for him, jump at it. He is no rate cutter and takes no nonsense. But you would have to keep on top of the kit, he does like it right.

But my oh my, what a fleet!

JUST FOUND ANOTHER COUPLE :exclamation: :exclamation: STILL THINK THERES MORE :confused: :confused: :confused:

what a pity about the bottom bar what a eyesore,

KERB-CATCHERS! :confused:

Kerb catchers?.. I would have thought that that depended on who was driving it and whether or not he cared enough you obviously have experience at catching kerbs Striaght Eight! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry about the mistake with your name Straight Eight :smiley:

the ecx,it looks like an ex s jones tanker unit but i just cant see the reg plate

Its Y 211 BOJ mate was on the Carless contract

ovlov:
Sorry about the mistake with your name Straight Eight :smiley:

No worries mate, been called a lot worse :blush: , About that bot-bar, i personally wouldnt fit 1, nothing against them, but lorries have got low enough at the front as it is, and would be just somthing else to knock off! Having worked worked for a few heavy=haulage firms i tend to keep well away from those kerbs, they blow the tyres too easily :laughing: :smiley:

I know what you mean mate and you weren’t being nasty but I dont understand the eyesore comment from the passion I think he meant the bar with the V in it I think it looks well, a break from the usual bars you see but I suppose it makes a difference with what coloured eyes you look at it with :wink:

i think v8past it was talking about the v shaped bar but again it was just a bit of attention seeking. :sunglasses:

pmsl…Glenman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hiya,
some nice motors on show but i preferred stuff that didn’t need cleaning got to have work for the yard man at test time i could have put a few dents in them and made them look like proper workhorses though,thanks harry long retired.

Nice CV you’ve put up about yourself Harry … I bet the hauliers you worked for were made up when you retired with an attitude like that :smiley:

hiya,
nice one ovlov some of the stuff i drove was such hard work and so old the muck was holding them together i never had an attitude, worked for lots of hauliers in 40 odd years most of them twice and as iv’e said in a previous post you don’t get to go back if your rubbish in all that time i never had a bump and had a lot of praise from some of my gaffers iv’e worked for, one boss even compared me to a lad who was doing the same work as me stating i did my work in 40 odd miles and 7 gallons less than him same motors too methinks i knew the job and the motor was mucky as was normal for me, anyway have a happy new year and keep polishing, thanks harry long retired.

But there’s the thing, Steve knows his business inside out, and he has made a success from nothing. If he likes the fleet to be spotless then that is his right, and he expects it from his drivers in the same vein as he did it himself. Trust me, the guy never had a lazy day in his life.

If you did put a dent or two in them at test time, you would be spending lots of time polishing them out, that’s for sure.

Like it or not, the trucks are workhorses, they just are not Big Js or Borderers.

Thats the difference now Bob…Lads can work the wagons just as hard if not harder and keep them looking good too…it really ■■■■■■ some people off doesn’t it…I’m not inlcuding you in that Harry!!! :smiley: :smiley:

I know an ex owner driver who always had a duster in his hand, his truck was highly polished and spotless. In fact it won several trophys at truck shows.

Pity he didnt look after the mechanicals.

Still it looked very nice parked at the side of the road when the propshaft dropped off because it had never ever seen a grease gun :stuck_out_tongue:

hiya,
thanks again ovlov do your lads carry a comprehensive toolkit in the passenger footwell and know what to do with it i always did and got many a motor home if it was possible to do a roadside repair must have saved some of my gaffers a good few bob over the years thats why i was usually paid over the odds, you can’t tighten a propshaft with a duster or replace an injector or fuel pipe with a tin of polish but to be totally truthfull i did use the yard hosepipe in my final years as a driver to fill the windscreen washers or top up the radiator, by the way ovlov i take it you must be the gaffer, funny really i can’t recollect ever getting told off for having a dirty motor it was only dirty " road muck " not smelly and the road muck usually came off when the next rain shower came along , happy days thanks harry long retired.

Hiya Steve, what smart looking outfit’s you’ve got there :smiley: Nice and restrained but with the individual touch that always stands out in your memory. I’ve always thought that a good base colour with some contrast, individual signwiting and a few add-on’s always looks better then loads of ‘unnecessary’ lights & chrome :wink:

I always did my best to keep the motors I drove clean inside and out, always felt better driving a nice clean, tidy looking truck.

All the best for 2009
regards
Dave Penn;