One hell of a day!

themattster79:
If he landed on the truck i would ve give the rozzers the keys and got the train back. What a selfish [zb], do it at home. 5 mins later i wouldn’t of got in. Gutted. Earnt some good dough out of it tho, and got paid for having today off!

Congratulations, winner of ■■■■ of the week post.

Cheers for the reply’s people. The reason it took so long was the fact the police were up there trying to get him down. So when he jumped the police complaints authority had to investigate. For the people on here who are saying im heartless, well you wouldn’t be saying that if you were stuck down there with loads of other truckers who just wanted to get home after a long day and see their family. Also forgot to mention a security gard who was oblivious to what was happening was only 20 feet away from being crushed when he fell!! I know there not in the right frame of mind but still have no sympathy for them. Its the family and emergency service’s I feel for!

Mattster.The origin of your post was about advice on tachographs and what anybody else would do in that situation.
It got side tracked to the jumper.

Roymondo:
Someone has died, in a truly horrible way (you don’t generally jump off a 14 storey building just for the hell of it). His/her family are grieving the loss of their father/mother/brother/sister, several passers-by will have been traumatised by what they saw and some poor sap has the unenviable task of cleaning up the gory mess. And your main concerns are not getting an infringement and avoiding a small hotel bill for your employer. Callous [zb], aren’t you?

Im new to the trucking industry so still learning taco rules etc so forgive me for asking advice on a situation which could get you screwed by VOSA. Didnt care for the hotel bill, just didnt wanna stay out hence asking for the advice. Ive got a family to feed in a new career so wanna try and do things right. Its a trucking forum so im guessing its about trucks, roads, taco etc. Bellend!!!