On here

Is it just me or has everyone with a sense of humour stopped coming on here, everything’s so serious and everyone who posts are so self opinionated and righteous, geez quoting Shakespeare for instance to ridicule drivers having there say ffs !!!

I think it’s great that your average driver is now reading Shakespeare rather than sport on there break :wink: :astonished: :laughing: :laughing: .

I think its because everyone is wound up so tight nowadays, fed up with hearing about death and destruction, Syria, Iraq, Ahfgan, no money, no jobs, being taken over by immigrants, the Government, crap weather, no one cares anymore, very sad state of affairs and I think its taking its toll but people don’t even realise it.

I mean, imagine, just with me here trying to do a good job and earn a wage for my family being put at risk of getting run over everyday by people that just don’t give a ■■■■ getting told I am a “Useless Wannabe” and a “Wannabe Copper” and “doing more harm than good” all from people who don’t know me, have no clue what I stand for or that I actually try and help them get to where they are going.

How would you expect anyone to be happy with abuse like that.

Then take the sensible drivers on here, looking after their truck which is an extension of how they are as a person, working away from home all week to earn a crust for their family, crap showers at services, damage to their trucks in laybys, too expensive to park in the services “If you can find a space”, poor driving by others making life difficult, listening to the news all day of an 80 year old being beaten up for a fiver, 10 killed in a suicide bomb, 10,000 immigrants a week getting free homes and health care over people who have paid in to the NHS all their life, high energy bills from the big 6 that the Gov don’t seem to care about as they were all educated in Oxford and Cambridge and have no idea how the other 7/8’s live, saving all year for a week with their family in the Gower only to be raining all week, hardly a recipe for people to be happy.

That’s my opinion anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Couldn’t agree more Big Jase ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A lot of people on here sick to death of the poor attitudes of some fellow drivers, dragging the reputation of HGV drivers through the mud day in day out.

Big Jase:
I think its because everyone is wound up so tight nowadays, fed up with hearing about death and destruction, Syria, Iraq, Ahfgan, no money, no jobs, being taken over by immigrants, the Government, crap weather, no one cares anymore, very sad state of affairs and I think its taking its toll but people don’t even realise it.

I mean, imagine, just with me here trying to do a good job and earn a wage for my family being put at risk of getting run over everyday by people that just don’t give a [zb] getting told I am a “Useless Wannabe” and a “Wannabe Copper” and “doing more harm than good” all from people who don’t know me, have no clue what I stand for or that I actually try and help them get to where they are going.

Then take the sensible drivers on here, looking after their truck which is an extension of how they are as a person, working away from home all week to earn a crust for their family, crap showers at services, damage to their trucks in laybys, too expensive to park in the services “If you can find a space”, poor driving by others making life difficult, listening to the news all day of an 80 year old being beaten up for a fiver, 10 killed in a suicide bomb, 10,000 immigrants a week getting free homes and health care over people who have paid in to the NHS all their life, high energy bills from the big 6 that the Gov don’t seem to care about as they were all educated in Oxford and Cambridge and have no idea how the other 7/8’s live, saving all year for a week with their family in the Gower only to be raining all week, hardly a recipe for people to be happy.

Big Jase let me buy you a pint

Big Jase:

I mean, imagine, just with me here trying to do a good job and earn a wage for my family being put at risk of getting run over everyday by people that just don’t give a [zb] getting told I am a “Useless Wannabe” and a “Wannabe Copper” and “doing more harm than good” all from people who don’t know me, have no clue what I stand for or that I actually try and help them get to where they are going.

and you work for the governmint department of■■? :grimacing:

I think a lot of it is we’ve always done it like this and never !!! so why should I change how I do it …

The answer is normally because the way things were done and the why it needs to be done have changed but people don’t like change if it means they need to spend more time doing some work :wink:

Mrmack65:
Is it just me or has everyone with a sense of humour stopped coming on here, everything’s so serious and everyone who posts are so self opinionated and righteous, geez quoting Shakespeare for instance to ridicule drivers having there say ffs !!!

that explains WHY YOU posted this not long after

Mrmack65:
Look you lot, my wages go up by between 2 and 5 percent per annum, they have done for the past twenty seven years, I live in the north of Scotland not the industrial heartland of this fine nation, if your wages ain’t going up take a long hard look at yourself, you may just see the problem !!

green456:

Mrmack65:

that explains WHY YOU posted this not long after

Mrmack65:
Look you lot, my wages go up by between 2 and 5 percent per annum, they have done for the past twenty seven years, I live in the north of Scotland not the industrial heartland of this fine nation, if your wages ain’t going up take a long hard look at yourself, you may just see the problem !!
[/quote

And your point is? No contradiction I can see there !! But hey maybe…

Mrmack65:

Big Jase:

Big Jase let me buy you a pint

I’ll gladly accept, Cheers
:laughing:

Fatboy slimslow:

Big Jase:

and you work for the governmint department of■■? :grimacing:

:smiley: :smiley: Tell me about it, it aint all rosie let me tell you (Although I still do my job, and sometimes bend the rules to suit the customer but that’s only between me n you)

Big Jase:

Think that about sums it up.

Mrmack65:

I think that may be me you are addressing your remarks to. I’m sorry, I was unaware that your sense of humour could be assessed from merely quoting Shakespeare.

I gather you aren’t a fan of our great Bard then? :laughing:

Some of his plays are actually extremely humorous and witty to boot. Which is more than I can say for a lot of the peeps on here… :grimacing:

Wasn’t he the geezer who banged on about swapping his Kingdom for 700 horses or summat?

Big Jase:

Unfortunately, however great you are as a person HATOs are just not perceived as a valuable asset to society. If it matters to you or you’re after recognition for your own personal well being you would be better off changing to a job that is appreciated.

A horse,a horse my Kingdom for a horse.I prefer the works of Robert Burns though,or McGonagle.

read the thread about the overturned lorry with the fish heads,that will make you laugh

alamcculloch:
A horse,a horse my Kingdom for a horse.I prefer the works of Robert Burns though,or McGonagle.

I prefer the beautiful poetry of McTeagle myself.

Oh give to me a shillin’
for some ■■■■
and I’ll pay ye back on Thursday
but if you can wait till Saturday
I’m expecting a divvy
from the Harpenden Building Society

Sums up the human condition superbly I think.

Own Account Driver:

Big Jase:

Unfortunately, however great you are as a person HATOs are just not perceived as a valuable asset to society. If it matters to you or you’re after recognition for your own personal well being you would be better off changing to a job that is appreciated.

The few times i’ve met 'em the lads and lasses have been sound, usually have a sense of humour (Christ knows its needed in this bolloxed country), and once they’ve seen we’ve got the breakdown or whatever under control have buggered off again with a cheery farewell.