Oldest working truck

whats the oldest working truck you guys know of in use everyday? I ask as i past a G reg and an E reg ERF tippers on the M5 today still going strong looked to be doing quarry work :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

DC Thompsons (newspapers) at Dundee run their own fleet of old erf’s for delivery’s in Scotland and some of them are old “g” and “e” plate’s too i think.

My boss still uses F88 " R " reg from the 70’s. Just been fefurbished. Nice!

Milltol in south Yorkshire have a fleet Ov fairly Old tippers, can’t remember what year they are but there the old shape Volvo 8 wheel tippers F something or other.

have a look in this thread viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62594#p759421
I think the oldest pic is E reg, which is 1967

There is a Volvo (not sure which type) log truck that i have seen on the A43 before. Looks ancient but still running so must be fine.

Grasshopper:
There is a Volvo (not sure which type) log truck that i have seen on the A43 before. Looks ancient but still running so must be fine.

that’s not an old black 88 is it?

Grasshopper:

That’ll be Bobby’s 1973 L reg F88, His trailer is of 1970 vintage.

probably not the oldest but i saw a f10/12 going south down the M66 the other night , bright yellow and no bling she looked lovely… i was’nt jealous , AT ALL :grimacing:

bowser:
probably not the oldest but i saw a f10/12 going south down the M66 the other night , bright yellow and no bling she looked lovely… i was’nt jealous , AT ALL :grimacing:

was it pulling a caligen foam step frame curtainsider? looks a bit odd pulling a big trailer with no wind kit on but in very good nick.

largebloke1969:

bowser:

was it pulling a caligen foam step frame curtainsider? looks a bit odd pulling a big trailer with no wind kit on but in very good nick.

thats the one , i only got a fleating glimps of it but yes i think thats the one .

bowser:

largebloke1969:

bowser:

thats the one , i only got a fleating glimps of it but yes i think thats the one .

think its owned by someone over nelson/colne , have to admit i would gladly drive something like that or a 141 full time.

Saw an L reg Mornflake Oats Scania rigid this morning near Ducklington.
There’s an H reg Atkinson Borderer (stretched rigid conversion) doing the fairground circuit, still with Gardner 150 :open_mouth: the Edwards family of Swindon have at least 3 Scammell Handymen on the fairgrounds aswell.
Hebborns of Kidlington (again showies) have a V reg Foden Haulmaster (saw it pull into Witney earlier)
Away from fairgrounds, Amy King from Buckingham runs a blue K reg Foden 3000 series 8wheeler.
Minster Paving near Witney run an E reg Leyland Freighter tipper, still with original driver.
Webbs of Armscote near Stratford have a small fleet of Merc SK tippers ranging from F to M reg.

our’s have just started retireing some bulk feed wagons P, R and S reg 8 wheeler’s but still got t reg’s on the road and possibly older which iv’e not seen.
some might say there not that old but there worked hard

bigvern1:

is that the blue and red LCS one i see pulling 40 foot containers near exeter?

wildfire:
whats the oldest working truck you guys know of in use everyday? I ask as i past a G reg and an E reg ERF tippers on the M5 today still going strong looked to be doing quarry work :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Green ones ?

lorryspotting.com/mem_notes. … 2147253444

Denis F:

wildfire:

Green ones ?

lorryspotting.com/mem_notes. … 2147253444

that’s the ones dennis :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

mucker85:

bigvern1:

is that the blue and red LCS one i see pulling 40 foot containers near exeter?

if thats the one i am thinking about i saw it the day it came out of torr trucks after being resprayed, looks very nice and they had it parked next to mine at sw truck fest

There’s a red/white Borderer with a tag axle fitted that’s based in East Anglia; run by a farmer I think…

Depends what you mean by working (as in still for a haulage company?), because I saw a Scammell Explorer hauling a traction engine on a flatbed about 6 months ago on the A13 near Basildon…