Oldest truck you have driven this year?

For me it’s a 58 plate daf cf complete POS. It was a rental I believe.

You have to of driven it this year no reminiscing about the olden days.

A B reg 1984 Foden 1800 with the massive gear knob & half bunk

Only a short trip (thank god)

56 plate DAF cf

51 plate Scania rigid - my daily drive!

W reg every day ,almost as new in every way , I’ve just put new bulbs in the heater illumination as it was the only thing wrong I could find :smiley:

Around the yard 09 8 wheeler MAN
On the road a 2011 MAN Artic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

66plate xf ssc daf

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

During the war…

64 plate Actros. It was traumatic driving such a relic. Hats off to you old timers who drive archaic stuff like that every day.

1998 Iveco (ford) cargo. In it now… still works… just about.

63 plate Scania.

Y reg Daf Roro. When I walked out it was away being painted. You can’t polish a turd bit you can sprinkle glitter on it.

A 1991 143 500.

Would I swap my current motor for it? Quite possibly. :smiley:

1983 Bedford mk yard bowser on the road 57 reg

1928 model B ford truck .
Made and fitted a new exhaust for a customer who also owns a1932 SS Jaguar 2 1/2 .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A 2004 Scania 144 from Colcester to Guadix, and back again :laughing:

Only a 420 so could have done with a bit more grunt on the hills, and only an exhaust brake so really steady downhills, I’d been a bit spoiled as the truck I’d driven a few weeks earlier had a Voith retarder, but other than that not too bad at all.

An 04 580 classic only 4 years older than my regular drive an 08 R620

A 58-plate Scania curtainsider with a knackered semi-auto that squeals everytime it changes up or down the 'box, doors that won’t latch properly, an interior that I could only describe as a mobile council tip, missing seals at the bottoms of the doors, dents on every panel. I could go on and on.

My record for the oldest truck I’ve driven this year has now been surpassed by:

An 05-plate DAF LF with a straight-6 'box and analogue (paper) tacho!

I haven’t even driven a truck this year… :smiley:

Garbo2018:
A 58-plate Scania curtainsider with a knackered semi-auto that squeals everytime it changes up or down the 'box, doors that won’t latch properly, an interior that I could only describe as a mobile council tip, missing seals at the bottoms of the doors, dents on every panel. I could go on and on.

Perhaps you should look after it a bit better :bulb: