Oldest rig in regular use?

I notice are not that many old rigs on the road, I guess euro regs etc, but pre 2000 is a rarety so not inc show trucks or old horse boxes etc, but proper work rigs, & not Africa etc where they run real old tat, whats the oldest you see around?

I’ve spotted an old A reg ('83 '84 i think) volvo rigid that seems to be a regular use truck.

iguana:
I notice are not that many old rigs on the road, I guess euro regs etc, but pre 2000 is a rarety so not inc show trucks or old horse boxes etc, but proper work rigs, & not Africa etc where they run real old tat, whats the oldest you see around?

I’ve spotted an old A reg ('83 '84 i think) volvo rigid that seems to be a regular use truck.

Here come the wife jokes…

I believe Bob Carmichael is still going.

There’s an L reg Volvo F88 pulling logs around Warwickshire. I’ve seen that A reg Volvo flatbed up and down the A34. Moodies of Mapledurham were running a Y reg 8wheeled Leyland Constructor log wagon, not seen it about for a while though.
Of course the showmen love old wagons, one near me runs a V reg Foden (1979).

It could be Bob with the F88 and timber trailer .

Cotswoldcrunch:
There’s an L reg Volvo F88 pulling logs around Warwickshire. I’ve seen that A reg Volvo flatbed up and down the A34. Moodies of Mapledurham were running a Y reg 8wheeled Leyland Constructor log wagon, not seen it about for a while though.
Of course the showmen love old wagons, one near me runs a V reg Foden (1979).

Bob Carmichael’s F88 is arguably the oldest, can’t remember the exact year, but the trailer he has behind it is even older than the unit.
There was a late 60s Ford D Series still running down in Penzance but I believe it’s now gone into retirement?

~ Craig

Dan Punchard:
It could be Bob with the F88 and timber trailer .

That’s him mate; He turns up at Gaydon, loaded, lorry unwashed, parks it up and enjoys the show. :laughing:

I don’t know if it’s just used as a dumper/shunter but near Oldbury there’s a Ford D Series roro wagon in an engineering works.

Cotswoldcrunch:
I don’t know if it’s just used as a dumper/shunter but near Oldbury there’s a Ford D Series roro wagon in an engineering works.

Do you mean at Thomas Dudley ?

theres an old Bedford tk drop sidder running around Tameside and north manchester i see regular have to ■■■■■■ a pic when i get the chance

Lots of Scania 112’s and 142’s still running.
Old Erf’s still at it.

I regularly use a 2000 (v reg) FH. Love her to bits. Manual, no air con, lovely to drive.

image.jpg

My daily ride and regular do 4 nights out a week in her, crackin truck to be honest and not much passes it on the flat either

Saw a 1959 Peterbilt running down highway by Calgary last week. Didnt look much different to my 2012 lol

mark h:
My daily ride and regular do 4 nights out a week in her, crackin truck to be honest and not much passes it on the flat either

… and that’s one of the newest wagons on the fleet too!

Paul

repton:

mark h:

… and that’s one of the newest wagons on the fleet too!

Paul

Actually Paul she is 3rd oldest only an R an M reg older, to be fair I love the truck and it goes well all round and Is well maintained which is good

Why fix something that’s not broke ?

Hope your doin well not seen ya for a while mate

mark h:

Not sure Mark , but I think that’s a A.R.R Craib behind you I’m sure an eagle eye will put me right , nice motor by btw

saw an old restored Volvo 86? (smaller cabbed one) pulling a modern high trailer on the m6 the other week .looked like a pimple on a gnats ■■■■ lol

This was in boulogne a couple weeks ago.

There is a D reg Foden 8 wheeler tipper round Leeds evreyday i think work from some were on Cross green ind estate, still looks good as well