Oldest rig in regular use?

Dan Punchard:

Cotswoldcrunch:
I don’t know if it’s just used as a dumper/shunter but near Oldbury there’s a Ford D Series roro wagon in an engineering works.

Do you mean at Thomas Dudley ?

They have had that for years - seen it only last week!

iguana:
I notice are not that many old rigs on the road,not Africa etc where they run real old tat,

Hiya have you been to Africa latley■■? i was in Kitwee, Zambia 5 years ago it was swamped with ERF EC,s
and Olympics. then. on my route from Jo berg to Nelspriut it was wall to wall new Scanias and new Mercs.
there was also new VW trucks that had a Scania looking cab

here,s a couple of wrecks they’re running
John

Anymore pictures of UK motors in Africa 3300John?

3300john I was in kenya in November at it’s the same there , full of ex uk motors unfortunately I didn’t get any pics

kindle530:
Anymore pictures of UK motors in Africa 3300John?

Hiya i look a couple out. as you know ERF,s was delivered with the cab in colour,
as you drive along you see Air products …Mainline marketing… Irlams and many other
ERF,s as well as other companies…i was with the brother in law whose in the mining
industry out in Zambia so he was just driving to places with me looking around so i just
gabbed some photo,s as we drove. i was out there 8 weeks so got to see plenty just
not at the right time.I worked at ERF in the late 60,s/70s so i have more inertrest in them.
John

Hiya…big ford dumped

faithful old girl this was at a main cross roads with about 4 cafe,s there must have been 200 trucks there

couple here just british trucks still working

i think thats about all i managed to get. in the next to last photo see the chap making stones.
these chaps have a few boulders delivered, the lads set about them with hammers making
stones(■■■■■■■■) they pile it up in sizes ready for builders to buy…see that happening in the UK
they’re just there day after day smashing rocks into small pieces. what they call an hammer is
just a lump of iron with a piece of re-bar for an handle
John

The oldest I’ve seen in a while was today, three of them or the same one three times lol

McGawn.jpg

G6Bob:
The oldest I’ve seen in a while was today, three of them or the same one three times lol

That’s n old Gallachers motor and before that it was Tennicks it’s a regular at Truck shows

Ok, not in use for transporting goods, but I sometimes get to drive this old girl (was once fire engine)

Saw an old leyland today on the m6 joining from the m5 I think. Private plate 222 something. Oldest I’ve seen on my travels.

madmackem:
Saw an old leyland today on the m6 joining from the m5 I think. Private plate 222 something. Oldest I’ve seen on my travels.

is that old the blue leyland freighter i went past that going up Corley bank wasn’t in bad nick

Both these are still in use,The ERF tipper runs out of the quarrys in Buxton daily,I took this photo just after he had made a delivery into the Rochdale area not to long ago.

And this one of Limberts passed me just last week near knutsford services.

now and again i see a 1960s LAD cabbed Albion 6 wheeler rigid crane-lorry trundling up the M1 around Leicestershire :astonished: surely someone else on here has seen it around?

reddens scrap merchants in wellingborough , run a 2 axle E reg ERF skip motor and also a 3 axle sleeper E series ERF converted to a skip motor. just never have my camera ready, the 2 axle is a sight to behold , still has the original paintwork , well faded now.

Saw an E reg Volvo F16 in Watford this morning, looked tidy.

I saw this 1980 F12 in Warwick services recently, went over & had a word with the driver who told me he was 76, the lorry was still in regular use and he was just on his way back from RAF Benbecula on the Outer Hebridies. Despite being 34 years old it looked immaculate.

Snowgo:
This was in boulogne a couple weeks ago. 0

from louth ireland belonging to maguires.they haveimmaculate gear.

ellies dad:

Snowgo:
This was in boulogne a couple weeks ago. 0

from louth ireland belonging to maguires.they haveimmaculate gear.

New I had seen that before very tidy nice change from all the 143’s

carryfast-yeti:
now and again i see a 1960s LAD cabbed Albion 6 wheeler rigid crane-lorry trundling up the M1 around Leicestershire :astonished: surely someone else on here has seen it around?

Is it a blue one? There’s a very smart one operating around Derby, that works most days, When I was an apprentice fitter a few years ago I’d do craning with him regular, he’s a top bloke who has got another for spares, the pictures are on Flickr I think.

Another place I worked at used to use an od quite regularly for moving machinery . He ran a lovely G-registered f10 rigid with a huge hiab. I’ve seen it about quite recently loaded so it’s still at work.

Used to see an 80’s red Leyland? Rigid around Oldham, not sure if he run tissues around.

Barrett’s in Oldham have a couple of 80’s ERF’s knocking about.