Oldest member on this forum.Also wit and wisdom!

rigsby:

jmc jnr:
Stone me! I’m only 69! Which one of you is my dad? Jim.

Don’t worry about those whiskey soaked old buggers Jim , Grumpy by name , grumpy by nature . When the big man says times up nobody will dare cremate them , the crem would go up in a ball of flame . Us younger oldbuggers live clean blameless lives don’t we ?

Aaah, that’s the best laugh I’ve had since Mrs GOM fell off the toilet in an alcohol induced state. (that’s not a joke) :stuck_out_tongue:
Poor old soul, sat on the bathroom floor, knickers round her ankles, crying. :unamused: :smiley:

Hiya,
An elderly lady goes into the chemist shop and asked the chap behind
the counter “who himself was getting on in years” that would ■■■■■■
work for her husband who was in his nineties, the chemist assured her
it would to which the old lady asked “could it be got over the counter”
to which the old chemist replied it can but then I need to take two.

Sorry I’ll get mi coat and sod off.

Our lass says she’s going to put me in a egg timer when she get’s t’ashes,turn it upside down now and again to keep me working. :grimacing:
And my son says he’s spending nowt when we both need to be buried or cremated “You are both going ont landfill”. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Off FB

Hiya,
I’ve been invited by the local “grab a granny club” to host their Xmas party,
and would I dress as Santa Claus.
They guarantee at the end of the evening i will have an empty sack. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Droop drip cure :laughing:
Oily

oiltreader:
Droop drip cure :laughing:
Oily

I’ve forgotten the rules but can I drive a lorry over 30ys old.I’m 83 and gave My class one up a few years ago,reason being that the Ford dealer I was with after the tie up with Iveco there was only a few dealers were fully fledged dealers but we could onlly sell up to 3.5 G.V.W.Another dealer in our group were able to sell all the Iveco range but not Transits.Pity really but then not a bad thing as the Iveco 6 wheelers weren’t a patch on the L10 ■■■■■■■ Cargo’s.

Off FB.

windrush:
I had forgotten all about this thread! Back in 2016 I posted this and got some stick from the forum ‘oldies’ for deciding to renew it. :laughing:

windrush:
My LGV renewal forms arrived in the post today. :wink:

Pete.

Anyway I did renew my class 2 but it took eleven months to recieve it back from Swansea, though they gave me a covering letter in case I was stopped as they had my car licence as well of course. They said I could continue driving LGV’s while they sorted it all out but that wasn’t a problem as I didn’t drive trucks anyway. I had to declare a slight heart condition which was the ‘stumbling block’ but eventually two letters arrived on the same day, one stating that they would need more tests before granting my licence and the other contained my new licence and permission to drive trucks again! :unamused: My Doctor was very good and because I wasn’t employed he never charged me for the medical, however after yet another year (16 in all since December 19th 2002 when I last sat in a truck!) of nobody wanting either my driving or mechanicing services I decided to call it a day. I have Artrial Fibrilation, which was the ‘ticker problem’, but now also have Peripheral Neuropathy which means my legs and feet don’t go where my brain thinks they should and also a balance issue which means I fall over a lot! After several scans on my brain and back it apprears that I have severe Arthritis in my neck and spine, this causes the brain to send falls signals which is why my balance is bad. It will get worse of course but the ‘quack’ says to keep active which should help things.

So I still amuse myself with restoring and exhibiting vintage machinery and doing occasional vehicle repairs (mostly on my own two vehicles! :blush: ) and getting out and about at vintage shows etc all around the country. Life isn’t so bad after all! :smiley:

Pete.

Yes I know what you mean Pete and I gave my class 1 up a few years ago as I did’t think it was worth the expense and not using it very much.I have a bit of difficully getting in a lorry now and wouldn’t have been eligable to drive one as I had a fit some years ago but couldn’t drive one for 10yrs.I’m alright now and can drive a motor before 1960 but possibly aftet but not checked lateley.

Aye Tony, your body tells you when it’s time to stop! I fancied a ride around the village in a chaps Sentinel S4 steamer last year, he was giving cab rides around the village he resides in, but when I looked at the cab step and how high from the floor it was I thought “I’m going to look a right plonker if I can’t get up into the cab” so declined. I was never that good at getting into trucks on the passenger side anyway (unlike Chris Webb who seemed to spend longer there than in the driving seat! :wink: ) as things didn’t fall naturally, but I wouldn’t mind a ride out with somebody one day before I turn my toes skywards! :laughing:

On a different matter Dave Mackenzie has sold up and finished last week, but you probably know that already.

Pete.

Due to a blackout mid last year DVLA found out ( not me & my Dr is happy for me to keep licence ) DVLA have decided I can no longer drive I can appeal if something new come to light but as my hospital appointment have been cancelled for now or I can re apply December 2020

So now on the sick

animal:
Due to a blackout mid last year DVLA found out ( not me & my Dr is happy for me to keep licence ) DVLA have decided I can no longer drive I can appeal if something new come to light but as my hospital appointment have been cancelled for now or I can re apply December 2020

So now on the sick[/quote Hi Ang, Im sorry to hear this, We all wondered why you were not present at the last two drivers renunions in the Labour Club, Get well soon my friend X,Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

animal:

So now on the sick
[/quote Hi Ang, Im sorry to hear this, We all wondered why you were not present at the last two drivers renunions in the Labour Club, Get well soon my friend X,Regards Larry.

All fine happened mid last year just need to re arrange hospital appointments etc & then fight DVLA medical section again to get licence back can drive my car & ride the bike or 7.5 t just not drive a lorry still sorting thing out now but will get there

Well Ang, Things could be worse as the old saying goes, But Im sure you will overcome this problem my dear, So hang on in there my dear and give it your best shots, Regards Larry .■■■.

In my 71st year and still licenced to drive class one in alberta Wayne Robinson

windrush:
Aye Tony, your body tells you when it’s time to stop! I fancied a ride around the village in a chaps Sentinel S4 steamer last year, he was giving cab rides around the village he resides in, but when I looked at the cab step and how high from the floor it was I thought “I’m going to look a right plonker if I can’t get up into the cab” so declined. I was never that good at getting into trucks on the passenger side anyway (unlike Chris Webb who seemed to spend longer there than in the driving seat! :wink: ) as things didn’t fall naturally, but I wouldn’t mind a ride out with somebody one day before I turn my toes skywards! :laughing:

On a different matter Dave Mackenzie has sold up and finished last week, but you probably know that already.

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi Im still doing a bit of small truck driving short runs love my runs at 87year old keeps me fit Merry xmas to all you truck drivers

I may be the oldest member im only 88year old and still going johnboydor

I ithink it my be me still driving van no big stuff now as im only 89 years old had all the good old days lots of good times

No stamina johnboydor, :wink: I’d have thought that you could have stayed on the heavies until you were genuinely old, when you get a birthday greeting from Her Mag. :laughing:
On a serious note, congratulations, keep going while you’re still enjoying it.
I’m sure in such a long and industrious career, there would have been more than a few entertaining anecdotes, that you could add to the Trucks, Tracks and Tall Tails thread.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5&t=172708