Oldest member on this forum.Also wit and wisdom!

Hiya,
I think it’s unfair for Carlsberg to say their product is probably the best lager in the world,
I found half a can of the stuff on my garden wall this morning, and it tasted like ■■■■. :laughing:

These big outfits are all the same Harry, they"ll say owt just to get their hands on your money. For instance, I used to buy Kellogg’s cornflakes up until recently, as Kellogg’s claim they don’t make cornflakes for anyone else, yet only the other week I was in my neighbour’s kitchen and noticed that she had a box of Kellogg’s cornflakes in her cupboard. Talk about feeling betrayed.

Eddie Heaton:
These big outfits are all the same Harry, they"ll say owt just to get their hands on your money. For instance, I used to buy Kellogg’s cornflakes up until recently, as Kellogg’s claim they don’t make cornflakes for anyone else, yet only the other week I was in my neighbour’s kitchen and noticed that she had a box of Kellogg’s cornflakes in her cupboard. Talk about feeling betrayed.

Hiya,
Yep Eddie they’ll tell a load of porky pies just to make a sale,
there should be a law against it.

One of our salesman was trying to sell a customer a van and he offered him a price for his part ex. Customer said come up here very close.I like to be kissed when I’m being !!!

skandiahamn:
:roll:
Are my visitors here yet?

Just been reading a lot of the posts, some very funny and witty made me smile. I’m a new member and will be 79years old tomorrow 17-10-2019
Cheers from Callum1940

I had forgotten all about this thread! Back in 2016 I posted this and got some stick from the forum ‘oldies’ for deciding to renew it. :laughing:

windrush:
My LGV renewal forms arrived in the post today. :wink:

Pete.

Anyway I did renew my class 2 but it took eleven months to recieve it back from Swansea, though they gave me a covering letter in case I was stopped as they had my car licence as well of course. They said I could continue driving LGV’s while they sorted it all out but that wasn’t a problem as I didn’t drive trucks anyway. I had to declare a slight heart condition which was the ‘stumbling block’ but eventually two letters arrived on the same day, one stating that they would need more tests before granting my licence and the other contained my new licence and permission to drive trucks again! :unamused: My Doctor was very good and because I wasn’t employed he never charged me for the medical, however after yet another year (16 in all since December 19th 2002 when I last sat in a truck!) of nobody wanting either my driving or mechanicing services I decided to call it a day. I have Artrial Fibrilation, which was the ‘ticker problem’, but now also have Peripheral Neuropathy which means my legs and feet don’t go where my brain thinks they should and also a balance issue which means I fall over a lot! After several scans on my brain and back it apprears that I have severe Arthritis in my neck and spine, this causes the brain to send falls signals which is why my balance is bad. It will get worse of course but the ‘quack’ says to keep active which should help things.

So I still amuse myself with restoring and exhibiting vintage machinery and doing occasional vehicle repairs (mostly on my own two vehicles! :blush: ) and getting out and about at vintage shows etc all around the country. Life isn’t so bad after all! :smiley:

Pete.

A couple of old dears visiting their GP as the old chap had been having a few problems. After a thorough examination the GP said to him “I would like a sample of urine also a stool sample” the old boy turned to his wife “Ehh? what’s she say”… “You need to leave your underpants here dear” she replied.

windrush:
I had forgotten all about this thread! Back in 2016 I posted this and got some stick from the forum ‘oldies’ for deciding to renew it. :laughing:

windrush:

Pete.

but now also have Peripheral Neuropathy which means my legs and feet don’t go where my brain thinks they should and also a balance issue which means I fall over a lot!

. Life isn’t so bad after all! :smiley:

Pete.

Peripheral Neuropathy my a rse, That’s the strong drink you daft old bugga. :smiley: :wink:
And as for Atrial Fibrillation, I’m guessing there are quite a few of us owd lads have got that (I know I have) . I don’t know what the anaesthetist is going to make of that, I’m booked in in 10 days for even more knee surgery but…live for the day, onward and upward. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve had to buy a walking stick, £12, I stagger about on it like an old man.
In my younger days I would mount up on a lorry like a young gazelle, I’d need a b loody Stannah stairlift these days.

grumpy old man:

windrush:

windrush:

Pete.

but now also have Peripheral Neuropathy which means my legs and feet don’t go where my brain thinks they should and also a balance issue which means I fall over a lot!

. Life isn’t so bad after all! :smiley:

Pete.

Peripheral Neuropathy my a rse, That’s the strong drink you daft old bugga. :smiley: :wink:
And as for Atrial Fibrillation, I’m guessing there are quite a few of us owd lads have got that (I know I have) . I don’t know what the anaesthetist is going to make of that, I’m booked in in 10 days for even more knee surgery but…live for the day, onward and upward. :stuck_out_tongue:
In my younger days I would mount up on a lorry like a young gazelle, I’d need a b loody Stannah stairlift these days.

A Yorkshireman paying £12 for a walking stick :open_mouth: £3.99 in Lidl, it aint yer knee that needs fixing GOM :laughing: :laughing:
Oily

Dave the Renegade:
Who is the oldest member on this forum ? I’m 63,there must be a lot that are younger,with a lot being older.
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave it my birthday today 17th October. 79 today!! Born 1940.

grumpy old man:

Well for starters you ARE an old man, your own title tells us that! :unamused: I’m still in my sixties, not grumpy though and I rarely complain about anything. You get dealt a hand in life and make the best of it :smiley: I have used a stick for several years, more for supporting me when standing still as that’s when I fall over. Mine cost £20, a lad in his eighties made me it and it has a nice carved Foxes head on it. I call it ‘Freddie’ and folk look at me strangely when I talk to him? :confused: :laughing: Strong drink; I haven’t had one of those for 20+ years, there are bottles of whisky in the pantry still unopened since the 90’s. An occasional pint when we dine out, that’s it for me nowadays.

Pete.

windrush:

grumpy old man:

Well for starters you ARE an old man, your own title tells us that! :unamused: I’m still in my sixties, not grumpy though and I rarely complain about anything. You get dealt a hand in life and make the best of it :smiley: I have used a stick for several years, more for supporting me when standing still as that’s when I fall over. Mine cost £20, a lad in his eighties made me it and it has a nice carved Foxes head on it. I call it ‘Freddie’ and folk look at me strangely when I talk to him? :confused: :laughing: Strong drink; I haven’t had one of those for 20+ years, there are bottles of whisky in the pantry still unopened since the 90’s. An occasional pint when we dine out, that’s it for me nowadays.

Pete.

Hiya,
Purchased for me as a gift 23 years ago, a then 15 years old bottle of
Glenfyddich still boxed on the drinks trolley, and single malt being my
favourite tipple there have been many other bottles and varieties of
single malt purchased and consumed over those 23 years but this one
has survived unopened why,? I aint got a bleedin’ clue.

Try explaining to an eight year old about 20 year old single malt and how you have had it for 40 years, go on I dare you. :smiley:

windrush:

Pete.

Can I come and live with you? :smiley: And before Harry Gill and Larry Dunbar jump in when they see WHISKY…I was here first. :imp:
Oh, I’m nearly 81…and feel every minute of it.

The stick ■■ it’s wood, I did get one of those collapsible ones, ■■■■ thing collapsed with me on top of it. :cry:

Live for the day :smiley:

Stone me! I’m only 69! Which one of you is my dad? Jim.

jmc jnr:

A mere child, what are you doing on a forum with rufty tufty OLD lorry drivers? :unamused:

jmc jnr:

Don’t worry about those whiskey soaked old buggers Jim , Grumpy by name , grumpy by nature . When the big man says times up nobody will dare cremate them , the crem would go up in a ball of flame . Us younger oldbuggers live clean blameless lives don’t we ?

rigsby:

jmc jnr:

Don’t worry about those whiskey soaked old buggers Jim , Grumpy by name , grumpy by nature . When the big man says times up nobody will dare cremate them , the crem would go up in a ball of flame . Us younger oldbuggers live clean blameless lives don’t we ?

When did that start, not that i don’t believe you. Les.

Hiya,
Just wondering who is the current Grandaddy of the thread I’ve added a
few “baking days” since it’s inception ten years ago, have now arrived at
platform 83 whether I get many more stations along the line or not is a
thing for “him upstairs” to decide but just so long the pension pot stay’s
topped up I’m quite happy staying put and annoying people.

oiltreader:
A couple of old dears visiting their GP as the old chap had been having a few problems. After a thorough examination the GP said to him “I would like a sample of urine also a stool sample” the old boy turned to his wife “Ehh? what’s she say”… “You need to leave your underpants here dear” she replied.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: