Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Geordies boy:
Geordie Horne
Hi all just a quick message to let all of you who knew my dad that he sadly passed away suddenly on 18th, to say the whole family are devastated is an understatement.
We are just having a small family cremation as its what he wanted and I’m sure you can all understand we have to respect his wishes

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Geordie was always smiling and happy to help anyone. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him. Regards Kev.

Thanks kev much appreciated, they certainly broke the mould when they made him thats for sure.

My dad drove one of these Albions for Caladonian for many years out of the Felling depot on tramp work with a refer.
He used to come home in the middle of the night and the motor on the fridge was off and on all night, kept us kids awake.

306D27D6-A822-4521-94B6-83DECF2842B1.jpeg

15B9C5F0-2F73-4269-9B9D-719E38110FCB.jpeg

Two different Crows Transport.

3ABA3197-AB50-470C-BCCA-A1C78DD80375.jpeg

Geordies boy:
Geordie Horne
Hi all just a quick message to let all of you who knew my dad that he sadly passed away suddenly on 18th, to say the whole family are devastated is an understatement.
We are just having a small family cremation as its what he wanted and I’m sure you can all understand we have to respect his wishes

Hi, sorry to hear of your dad passing away, did he drive for Duncan Adams? If so I remember him well. Regards Ray.

Ray Brown:

Geordies boy:
Geordie Horne

Hi, sorry to hear of your dad passing away, did he drive for Duncan Adams? If so I remember him well. Regards Ray.

Yes Ray he drove for Duncan Adams until they went bust, he was 82 when he finally hung up his keys

Geordies boy:

Ray Brown:

Geordies boy:
Geordie Horne

Yes Ray he drove for Duncan Adams until they went bust, he was 82 when he finally hung up his keys

Hi Geordies Boy! Your dad worked ar Crows in 1964 when I was there as a lad, what a good bloke! I remember his brother Harry worked there too, I still see him occasionally at Low Fell. Harry and Kit finished there long distance driving for Simpson Brothers Birtley. Kit used to work for Waugh for years and Ash Transport (Alfie Horne). Harry and his dad also used to work for McFees. It was nice that all the family were involved or worked in North East transport.

6D78EB2B-520D-4F1F-ACE3-05B3EAAD367D.jpeg

DBA946D5-6833-4709-9BD4-B807119AD67E.jpeg

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Ray Brown:
Here’s some more old photos. I believe the Volvo was new to Sidle Cook. Does anyone remember Caladon, used to see them quite a bit years ago, don’t know where they were from.

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Ray Brown:
Here’s some more old photos. I believe the Volvo was new to Sidle Cook. Does anyone remember Caladon, used to see them quite a bit years ago, don’t know where they were from.

Caledon ran out of Broxburn, West Lothian

Ray Brown:

Geordies boy:

Ray Brown:

Geordies boy:
Geordie Horne

Hi Geordies Boy! Your dad worked ar Crows in 1964 when I was there as a lad, what a good bloke! I remember his brother Harry worked there too, I still see him occasionally at Low Fell. Harry and Kit finished there long distance driving for Simpson Brothers Birtley. Kit used to work for Waugh for years and Ash Transport (Alfie Horne). Harry and his dad also used to work for McFees. It was nice that all the family were involved or worked in North East transport.

Thanks for the photos Ray.
Yeah my dad also worked for Mcfees, he tried to discourage me and my brother from getting our hgv licenses but it was bread into us lol
Yea

Here are some great old Scottish hauliers. I always thought that Pollock had the best liveried motors in the country.

2FD9A14D-883D-4996-9A54-0D085537A4C8.jpeg

D5AFB760-F044-42FA-895E-ED80AE45AB2F.jpeg

1B48EE35-044C-4439-B2B0-7BC1697FFB21.jpeg

BF9FE461-2757-4B5C-B0E0-A39B535366E0.jpeg

AB7E3725-5C12-4AAB-A922-601AE754CED9.jpeg

Vulcan Lorries of Newcastle Corporation early 1900’s the BB Newcastle registration went from Jan 1904 to Jan 1925 so not a great help but headlights were fitted at the front after WWI so likely pre war. Franky.

This rare photo of one of Crows big JS, reg SCN 647C and a few more of Crows.

4A5945E1-E569-467F-B1F5-5CF4514A6FCA.jpeg

hi geordie boy sorry to hear about your dad, if he was Kit i worked with him at John Formans when he was on the tankers & i started in the traffic office, if its him what a smashing bloke, he drove a Guy big J then always a smile on his face particularly when you told him he had 5 Bo"ness,s to do next week lol

6A8C1B2D-1162-4FBF-81D8-55CE2EB73098_1_201_a.jpeg

keith8357:
hi geordie boy sorry to hear about your dad, if he was Kit i worked with him at John Formans when he was on the tankers & i started in the traffic office, if its him what a smashing bloke, he drove a Guy big J then always a smile on his face particularly when you told him he had 5 Bo"ness,s to do next week lol

You’ll know this fella Larry !

Gateshead Council Viva HA van (Jelly & Custard) Gallaghers of Seaham on a demolition job in Sunderland and repairing flood damage Norton Village, Stockton.

299112245_3176913205905533_6406125142382166635_n.jpg

When John Forman were based in Felling my brother drove for them for a while. Here’s a few old photos.
Also some old Cawthorn photos, I thought they had one of the smartest fleets in the North East.

FE6BAE65-8154-455F-8952-9842B6954F9F.jpeg

7A5BE81C-3A7F-48CD-B57D-1452ABF9CC7F.jpeg

82209320-1F32-49E3-8D92-B6838B2A05D9.jpeg

E1D97782-C9AB-4E89-8BFE-35D9B74FF755.jpeg

Hi everyone, it’s been very quiet on this site for a while now!! Is anyone still out there??
I getting concerned not to hear from Laurence Dunbar and a few of the North East lads who used to post regularly.!!

Ray Brown:
Hi everyone, it’s been very quiet on this site for a while now!! Is anyone still out there??
I getting concerned not to hear from Laurence Dunbar and a few of the North East lads who used to post regularly.!!

Also been concerned about Larry ; sent him an email a few weeks ago to tell him about Bunt Morton of Morton’s of Wooler passing away and never heard back from him which is unusual as always replies