Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Thats correct Broxburn, In the 60s they had two driverswho lived in Belford The had Andy Cap Guy 8 wheelers ; One was called The Pheasant, The other one The Partridge, IIRC The hauled scrap metal coming south and Coke headind north Larry.

Here’s a few nice old AEC’s.

6826B120-D5AD-48E3-98F0-B4E28B0A8A43.jpeg

Ray Brown:
Here’s a few nice old AEC’s.

That first pic must have been taken fresh out of the paint shop. Tillotson probably made the cab.

Colin.Swain:

Ray Brown:
Here’s some more old photos. I believe the Volvo was new to Sidle Cook. Does anyone remember Caladon, used to see them quite a bit years ago, don’t know where they were from.

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Ray Brown:
Here’s some more old photos. I believe the Volvo was new to Sidle Cook. Does anyone remember Caladon, used to see them quite a bit years ago, don’t know where they were from.

Another long gone company I drove for in 82 only for a few months, I had a Commer Commando tipper leading red stone from Harden Quarry near Rothbury.

Colin.Swain:
Another long gone company I drove for in 82 only for a few months, I had a Commer Commando tipper leading red stone from Harden Quarry near Rothbury.

j straughan's.jpg

Hi Larry, hope you’re doing ok in this heatwave! I know you’re a Foden fan so here’s a few photos. Cheers Ray.

A68DF584-ABB2-40D3-883A-0D9756EFAE97.jpeg

351BCF2E-D245-453C-9BD9-10895D63436E.jpeg

A1598A05-A382-483A-9655-18E6BCDD8941.jpeg

9EE1EF94-EB25-4978-9D80-3DD3A18DA8B8.jpeg

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Hi Colin nice stuff you’re posting! Cheers Ray.

Ray Brown:

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Ray Brown:

Colin.Swain:

Colin.Swain:

Another Redpath of Wooler oldie,taken outside depot. NMP.

Couple of Muckle’s early double decker’s

found these in an old photo album

IMG_0919 (3).JPG

A few more oldies!!

57DC4AF0-726D-48AC-8DC0-AE74DB66C11D.jpeg

Redpaths first double decker ,71/72 , I was in workshop at the time; full time job changing tyres on trailer.

Happy birthday for tomorrow Larry. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:
Happy birthday for to morrow Larry. Regards Kev.

Thank you once again Kev Hic Hic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Larry

Geordie Horne
Hi all just a quick message to let all of you who knew my dad that he sadly passed away suddenly on 18th, to say the whole family are devastated is an understatement.
We are just having a small family cremation as its what he wanted and I’m sure you can all understand we have to respect his wishes