Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

image.jpegN M P.

N M P.

N M P.

A few more trucks!

7224EB66-5A94-4649-81B6-7FF00F9CAB07.jpeg

D206ABAF-DCEF-4220-BE39-6F222FFF24A5.jpeg

24425488-F601-401D-8B24-71FD64735093.jpeg

650A76ED-E2F7-461E-84F2-516F7A9A34F1.jpeg

Lawrence Dunbar:

Where was this Proudlock picture taken please Larry it looks familiar but I just can’t place it.

dazcapri:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Where was this Proudlock picture taken please Larry it looks familiar but I just can’t place it.

Its at Ponteland Ind,Est. The place is now Jewsons. Larry.

A02200.JPGN M P.

Lawrence Dunbar:

dazcapri:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Its at Ponteland Ind,Est. The place is now Jewsons. Larry.

Cheers Larry I knew it looked familiar, I was a regular visitor to that estate at the last job my usual area was from Ponteland up to Otterburn

img522.jpgNMP.

Hi Laurence, this photo brings back so many good memories for me personally. My dad Jackie Brown drove one of these Dodges for Transways of South Shields which was owned by Browns ( no relation). My brother Alan drove a TK Bedford artic as well. When I was about 12 years old I went with dad to John Menzies in Edinburgh. Transway had the contract for the TV Guide the ‘Viewer’. They used to sometimes run empty to Manchester to pick them up and deliver on the way back up north. Hell of a good rate in those days. They also had a couple of ERF’s eight wheelers all very tidy motors.

Ray Brown:
Hi Laurence, this photo brings back so many good memories for me personally. My dad Jackie Brown drove one of these Dodges for Transways of South Shields which was owned by Browns ( no relation). My brother Alan drove a TK Bedford artic as well. When I was about 12 years old I went with dad to John Menzies in Edinburgh. Transway had the contract for the TV Guide the ‘Viewer’. They used to sometimes run empty to Manchester to pick them up and deliver on the way back up north. Hell of a good rate in those days. They also had a couple of ERF’s eight wheelers all very tidy motors.

Hi Ray, They did have two ERF,s They had 6 speed boxes in they were flying machines in their heyday, They had an 8 wheeler Thorneycroft as well, The good old days :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Larry.