Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Great stuff Dean! :slight_smile:

tyneside:
Did Van Hee or Smith & Van Hee get a start by taking over Gowlands ■■ Anybody know / remember ■■

Tyneside

6BB6EB74-0DBA-4E73-B8A9-A752DC00E458_1_201_a.jpeg

keith8357:

tyneside:
Did Van Hee or Smith & Van Hee get a start by taking over Gowlands ■■ Anybody know / remember ■■

Tyneside

going back to the gowlands post this was my stepdads truck at gowlands, matty dorman

I am trying to upload multiple pictures but can’t, don’t know what i am doing wrong? any ideas

Kempston:
Great photo of Pickfords with a C. A. Parsons generator on board from Walker. Used to go into Parsons regularly, Lovely shot of the old cafe as well. Nmp

Looks like Carr Mill café on the East Lanc’s Road if I’m not mistaken?

David

Keith8357 I am trying to upload multiple pictures but can’t, don’t know what i am doing wrong? any ideas
Keith are you taking your pics from your PC, if so once you have done the first one make sure before you apply the second and so on, the curser needs to be placed below the previous picture info before you apply it, so if you have say four photo’s they should all be in a decending row otherwise you just keep adding them onto the previous and they won’t download to the site. Once you have them in a row below each other you can submit. Franky.

By the way Keith is 8357 your last four Army numbers by any chance, if so they are the same as mine but in a slightly different order ha! Franky.

Trailers parked at Consett Steel Works

Consett steel works.jpg

Frankydobo:
By the way Keith is 8357 your last four Army numbers by any chance, if so they are the same as mine but in a slightly different order ha! Franky.

no mate just random number

someone was asking for some davison & damson pics here’s a few

Did you know Norman Stokoe that worked for D&A ■■

Tyneside

I see you cracked the picture downloading Keith, nice livery and smart motors Davidson and Adamson had, used to see them quite regularly. Franky.

There is probably one or two on this thread that know this vehicle / location
Tyneside

Few long gone names from the NE Tyneside

Consett Iron Company AEC loaded from the Billet Mill.

consett iron company AEC.jpg

tyneside:
Did you know Norman Stokoe that worked for D&A ■■

Tyneside

yes i knew norman & his co-host Bill Reeves great pair, then there was Stewart who worked for Geordie Barker next door but spent more time in our garage. All good crac then.

tyneside:
Tyneside

obviously on the quay side but is it in 22 shed or steenbergs shed?

Frankydobo:
I see you cracked the picture downloading Keith, nice livery and smart motors Davidson and Adamson had, used to see them quite regularly. Franky.

Yes thank you very much Frankie i just couldn’t work it out.

tyneside:
Tyneside

North Shields timber berth?
Regards Kev.

Oops! Just realised that probably fruit on the trailer, so more likely it’s Newcastle Quay.

kevmac47:

tyneside:
Tyneside

North Shields timber berth?
Regards Kev.

Oops! Just realised that probably fruit on the trailer, so more likely it’s Newcastle Quay.

I picked the photo from f/b, obviously recognised the name but have no idea of location.
Tyneside