Old Italians FIAT OM UNIC Lancia

Further back in the time, here’s an Unic CD 2T somewhere in Paris, probably in the late thirties or during the Occupation. A nice picture full of action!

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:
I do remember this grille cover was quite common on this model in France. I confess I can’t say if it was made of genuine or “simili” leather. Besides, I can’t see the use of such an equipment in Africa.

I can! I took those pics in late December. The coast of North Africa is a north-facing coast onto the Med and it can be bleak and cold there in winter. I’ve been to all the North African countries and it’s the same all the way along from Tangiers to Port Said. It soon warms up as you travel south though. For example, the difference between Alexandria and Cairo can be quite significant - a bit like Calais and Paris!

But that’s true of so many places that are thought to be lovely and warm all year round. Southern Iberia can be nippy in the winter as can Melbourne and so many others. Seasons exist in most places unless you are on the Equator. Where you suffer year round warmth mixed with high, sweaty, humidity and rainy seasons! But it is invariably warm rain…

Various Unics

R (3).jpg

picture of Salon with a UNIC fleet around 1956

Fergie47:
Various Unics

I hadn’t noticed that the P 200 of your eigth picture (PIerre Levoye) is similar in all points to the one with which I started long-distance driving in 1980; mine was yellow (top) and green. A reliable, but very noisy truck. Yours was registered in 1968, mine in 1969.

UNIC:
picture of Salon with a UNIC fleet around 1956

The truck in front, with llifted bonnet, must be a Saurer.

yes - this is a French Saurer
Walon had also some Saurer in this time

UNIC T 340 A 6x4-150 metric tons total weight with Fuller Gearbox

diese Fahrzeuge hatten 150 T Gesamtzuggewicht und waren mit einem Fuller-Getriebe ausgestattet

I hope the V18 on second picture had a good starting motor! I looks like a generator for EDF, the French national electricity board. Looking to the cars, the picture n°2 must have been taken in the early '80s.

and a few more UNIC T 270 A 6x4 in heavy haulage

Cousssoneau

Leyx

STE

Vaselin Frères du Havre

Nice pictures! The car on the right of last picture is a Peugeot 204 estate; I had two of them in the same green colour.

UNIC Galibier No 96 of Sitca with 6 cylinder engine of 150 hp

my dozen of UNIC

I guess this a little sampling of your collection!

Fridge Unic from Chereau.

Nice and neat!

Not really FIAT, OM, Unic, or Lancia but VESPA did a hell of a job to distribute goods in all sorts throughout Italy…a genuine transport-nation!

Bear in mind the combination of (at the left) roadtransport as well as (at the right) railtransport and Vespa did the job!!!

Moreover by hand!