Old Italians FIAT OM UNIC Lancia

Swiss quality!

Very impressed with the pipe runs especially, that is not easy to do.

Some input…before it was renamed Autobianchi BIANCHI made a wide range of fine trucks.

Also some suppliers on the extra axles to utilize operations with more heavy cargo

Autobianchi_A112E_1973.jpgInteresting; I knew Autobianchi for their small Mini-like cars, but not their trucks.

The A 112 Abarth was a challenger of the Mini Cooper

Perlini is a different firm. They started in 1957 offering extra-axle conversions, and now build big dumpers.

Froggy55:
Thanks! In France, they were also an (efficient) option, but you were allowed an extra load if you fitted one.

Hey, Was the same in Belgium, we got 500kg more gross weight as you had one, but anymore with intarders and so on.

Eric,

Sitra, the famous frigo fleet in Belgium ran Fiats in the old days, it would seem.

(NMP)

and here the only UNIC P 340 A 8x4 made by me in 1971

My UNIC 3466L in Island

Hi all, can we have some more picture’s of your Unic 3466l please it look’s interesting, is that the same vehicle as the picture’s you put on while doing the renovation.

yes it is the truck from which a have published the restoration

here a few more travel pics

2017 Danmark-Norway-Sweden

2017 France

2017 Portugal

2018 Ireland

2018 Maroc

2019 Panama-Costa Rica-Nicaragua-Honduras-Guatemala-Mexico

[

What a fantastic second life you’re offering to this truck! Shipping it to Central America must have cost a fortune!

Hi Unic what a cracking truck and a lovely life you are leading. Good luck to you with your travels and stay safe, Oh and keep the picture’s coming. :sunglasses:

an a few Island pictures and a movie

Cracking pics. Living the dream or what

Though very informative and impressive…I missed the reason that UNIC is considered Italian

ERF-Continental:
Though very informative and impressive…I missed the reason that UNIC is considered Italian

Initially fully French, Unic was bought by Simca in 1952, a French car manufacturer; the first Unic truck was introduced in 1922. Part of Simca’s shares were held by Fiat, which took the full control of Unic in 1966, introducing gradually their own components. Unic finally integrated Iveco in 1975, together with Fiat, Lancia, OM and Magirus-Deutz.

Thank you for this explanation…I was not aware of the influence of Fiat.

UNIC P 270 CH 6x4 assembled by Asia Motors in South Korea (1974)

Strange working outfits for the guys on the left; are they convicts?