Old Italians FIAT OM UNIC Lancia

The second looks registered in Italy, but what about the first one? Greece?

Froggy55:

Turkey

The first one looks like a 6x2, although that model was double drive, IIRC. It must have done quite a few GB trips, seeing the rust on the cab LOL.

Is the second one carrying furniture, I wonder?

robthedog:

Froggy55:

Turkey

Thanks!

Froggy55:

robthedog:

Froggy55:

Turkey

Thanks!

34 is Istanbul

Nice story about this 619 in the description:

youtube.com/watch?v=rPLx8_UsbC0

Quiz question- what’s he driving in the introduction?

restauration of UNIC T 270 A continues

beim T 270 A geht es weiter

That is one cracking looking restoration nut and bolt attention to detail

robthedog:
That is one cracking looking restoration nut and bolt attention to detail

+1 Awesome looking job. :smiley:

Better and probably more reliable than when it was new!

That restoration is phenomenal,the amount of work to complete to the standard shown will run into many thousands of hours,but what a credit to its owner!

David

Absolutely fantastic restoration going on there all credit to you.

all brakes installed on my UNIC T 270 A

Telma electromagnetic brake (last Pic). Were they ever fitted on British trucks?

Froggy55:
Telma electromagnetic brake (last Pic). Were they ever fitted on British trucks?

They were only fitted if the operator wanted them, a few tipper operators who worked in hilly areas had them but they ate into the payload as they were heavy. Jake and exhaust brakes were more common. I think that coach operators were the main uses of retarders where payload wasn’t an issue.

Pete.

Thanks! In France, they were also an (efficient) option, but you were allowed an extra load if you fitted one.

windrush:

Froggy55:

They were only fitted if the operator wanted them, a few tipper operators who worked in hilly areas had them but they ate into the payload as they were heavy. Jake and exhaust brakes were more common. I think that coach operators were the main uses of retarders where payload wasn’t an issue.

Pete.

Heres a quarry operator that used them.

a Telma retarder had a weight of 350 kg
in France the overall cross weight was raised 500 kg with a Telma and so you gained 150 kg payload

UNIC:
a Telma retarder had a weight of 350 kg
in France the overall cross weight was raised 500 kg with a Telma and so you gained 150 kg payload

Thats intresting,never knew that.

Nice to see more pics of your restoration,will be better than when it was built originally. :wink:

DEANB:

windrush:

Froggy55:

Pete.

Heres a quarry operator that used them.

Waddington Fell was later absorbed into the Tilcon group, their quarry is located right up in the clouds! :laughing: They had a retarder fitted to their previous ERF.

Pete.

Pete.