Old French Trucks

12_25_28.JPEG

12_25_29.JPEG

Hey,

Somua JL 15 fridge.

Not my pic.

If there is any interest I’ll do some more.

Thanks for those pics Fergie I can remember the Giraud tanks and the Stouf motor great stuff.But come on we need your favorite eating places listed on the AS Rawlings thread put the memory to the test

Fergie47:
If there is any interest I’ll do some more.

Yes please :smiley: :smiley:

Steve

Hi Fergie yes would like to see some more old French stuff.

Do you any pics of those funny looking white cabbed tractor units pulling tankers, I think they were built in house
up near Le Havre.

Regards Pat

ainacs:

Do you any pics of those funny looking white cabbed tractor units pulling tankers, I think they were built in house
up near Le Havre.

Regards Pat

I know the truck you mean Pat, but no, I don’t have any of them. But here are a few more, It’ll take time to do all of them, so I’ll do some from time to time.

This first photo’s of a really good looking bloke Pat, you may recognise him!! Better looking than Mappo anyway !!

Fergie47:

ainacs:

up near Le Havre.

Regards Pat

I know the truck you mean Pat, but no, I don’t have any of them. But here are a few more, It’ll take time to do all of them, so I’ll do some from time to time.

This first photo’s of a really good looking bloke Pat, you may recognise him!! Better looking than Mappo anyway !!

Yea Fergie I know where your loyalties lie now !! You’d be put up against the wall and pelted with rotten Brie if you showed your face in Maddiston !! Cheers Bewick.

Nice photos Fergie. :sunglasses:
There was a French company running pitch in tippers out of BSC Chemicals Orgreave,Sheffield in the 70s called (I think) Onatra.They were bonneted tractor units but I can’t remember what make they were.I do recall they were running to the Marseille area.Do you have any pics of them?

hi chris, I knew one she was great…ooops wait a minute, did you say french trucks? wrong web site :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :smiley: :laughing: :unamused: :wink: :angry:

ainacs:

up near Le Havre.

Regards Pat

Wheel Nut:
Did you mean these?

Built and operated by Loheac from Rouen.

Chris Webb:
Nice photos Fergie. :sunglasses:
There was a French company running pitch in tippers out of BSC Chemicals Orgreave,Sheffield in the 70s called (I think) Onatra.They were bonneted tractor units but I can’t remember what make they were.I do recall they were running to the Marseille area.Do you have any pics of them?

They were indeed Onatra, they ran Magirus Deutz trucks, maroon colour, the same as the first photo on this thread.
I use to meet some of their drivers on the old Townsend ferries in the late '60’s - '70’s, Southampton to Le Harve. Tough load of buggers, a lot of them were from Morocco, so you wouldn’t mess with them. I’ll see if I can find sone pic’s.

Some cracking photo’s there, I loved those old long nose Bernards, the cabs must have been like a ballroom. I used to service one of the normal control Scania 110’s of Girauds early 70’s, they would often bring wine over here and we would get the odd bucket full from the tank !

Quote:-
Yea Fergie I know where your loyalties lie now !! You’d be put up against the wall and pelted with rotten Brie if you showed your face in Maddiston !! Cheers Bewick.

But surley you’ll be there to back me up Bewick, not one of those throwing our beloved Brie., what a waste. Anyway, I’m half Scottish you know, South Queensferry, so you’ll have to resuce me :exclamation: :exclamation:

Mon dieu !!!

Great set of pics there Fergie,definitely showing your age,how old must you be to have taken those■■? :laughing:
The only dodgy one of course is the first photo of the bull nose Maggie spoilt by that ugly git sat in it. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:
I suppose we could bear to see some more as long as that driver does,nt appear in any more of them.

I remember Giraud Tankers loading Whisky from Inver House Distillers , Airdrie., back in the 1970’s, maroon coloured Scania’s.

Dave.

Fergie47:
Quote:-

But surley you’ll be there to back me up Bewick, not one of those throwing our beloved Brie., what a waste. Anyway, I’m half Scottish you know, South Queensferry, so you’ll have to resuce me :exclamation: :exclamation:

Mon dieu !!!

Hiya Fergie I don’t want you to think you are the only turncoat on the thread !! What about this pic !! I’m a personal friend of Bernard Momin a former MD of Renault UK they were cracking motors but at the time Renault were in merger talks with Volvo and I wasn’t havin none of that !( I told him he might end up washing windscreens on the end of the line in the factory ) But a great guy never-the -less . Regards Bewick.