Old French Trucks

mappo:
Great set of pics there Fergie,definitely showing your age,how old must you be to have taken those■■? :laughing:
**The only dodgy one of course is the first photo of the bull nose Maggie spoilt by that ugly git sat in it. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:**I suppose we could bear to see some more as long as that driver does,nt appear in any more of them.

:laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :slight_smile: :wink: Tad jealous there :question: me thinks so Tone :exclamation:

Hiya Fergie I don’t want you to think you are the only turncoat on the thread !! What about this pic !! I’m a personal friend of Bernard Momin a former MD of Renault UK they were cracking motors but at the time Renault were in merger talks with Volvo and I wasn’t havin none of that !( I told him he might end up washing windscreens on the end of the line in the factory ) But a great guy never-the -less . Regards Bewick.

So that’ll be both of us stoned to death with stale haggis against the walls of Dalmeny Church, then quatered by a Magnum and a Saviem . Oh well, can’t live forever :exclamation: :unamused:

[/quote]
Hiya Fergie I don’t want you to think you are the only turncoat on the thread !! What about this pic !! I’m a personal friend of Bernard Momin a former MD of Renault UK they were cracking motors but at the time Renault were in merger talks with Volvo and I wasn’t havin none of that !( I told him he might end up washing windscreens on the end of the line in the factory ) But a great guy never-the -less . Regards Bewick.
[/quote]
Bernard Momin - He of the legendary bow-ties :smiley: :smiley: Did any of them ever revolve or was that just RVI rumour :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Steve

The French were always the leaders when it came to building ugly cars and trucks.

Well this thread seems the right place to post this bit of Classic French Trucking. No idea what it’s about though, looks like “Convoy” French style. :laughing:

neversweat1:

[/quote]
Bernard Momin - He of the legendary bow-ties :smiley: :smiley: Did any of them ever revolve or was that just RVI rumour :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Steve
[/quote]
Yea he had a full set ! some spun and some sqirted water !!

Hiya Fergie, have you any of these Bernard’s from the mid 60’s (sorry about the poor quality.)

Hi Fergie these were among Ennis Stratton’s pics

This is probably Italian

nice pics,what the hells going on in the berliet film! madness. :laughing: kinda makes me want to see the whole film

TIPIT
No pic’s like that, but some older BERNARDS I think. I’ll dig some more out and post them during the week. :slight_smile:

PAT

That Fiat reminds me so much of the trucks in the late ‘60’ early '70’s, right hand drive, and big white steering wheel. and axles everywhere !! Like this one !

Bewick:

Fergie47:
Quote:-
Yea Fergie I know where your loyalties lie now !! You’d be put up against the wall and pelted with rotten Brie if you showed your face in Maddiston !! Cheers Bewick.

But surley you’ll be there to back me up Bewick, not one of those throwing our beloved Brie., what a waste. Anyway, I’m half Scottish you know, South Queensferry, so you’ll have to resuce me :exclamation: :exclamation:

Mon dieu !!!

What a cracking photo Bewick,shame your driver forgot to wind the legs up,or was it you■■?

Either way,nice livery.

5thwheel:

Bewick:

Fergie47:
Quote:-
Yea Fergie I know where your loyalties lie now !! You’d be put up against the wall and pelted with rotten Brie if you showed your face in Maddiston !! Cheers Bewick.

But surley you’ll be there to back me up Bewick, not one of those throwing our beloved Brie., what a waste. Anyway, I’m half Scottish you know, South Queensferry, so you’ll have to resuce me :exclamation: :exclamation:

Mon dieu !!!

What a cracking photo Bewick,shame your driver forgot to wind the legs up,or was it you■■?

Either way,nice livery.

Yea 5th wheel ( thought no one had noticed !! ) the tractor had just been pushed back under for a quick shot and I should have set it up correctly no excuses !! Cheers Bewick.

Fergie47:

Hiya Fergie we did try Renaults long before we got the Magnums ! this shot is from circa mid 80s and the demo is loaded ready to leave the depot . Bewick.

Bewick:

Fergie47:

Hiya Fergie we did try Renaults long before we got the Magnums ! this shot is from circa mid 80s and the demo is loaded ready to leave the depot . Bewick.

Here’s another demo Fergie I think a bit earlier than the previous shot.It has the Berliet cab ! I took it one summer evening about 6PM and it shows our senior night trunker Edward Airey ready to go and pick up his trailer and go to Daventry and back !! Bewick.

Bewick Still a lot of Renault / Berliet’s running here, great for the Transcontinental restorers.

A good truck in it’s day, cheap and cheerful, in contrast to the more expensive Scania / Volvo, but still got on with the job, plenty of room inside and relatively reliable.

Fergie47:
Bewick Still a lot of Renault / Berliet’s running here, great for the Transcontinental restorers.

A good truck in it’s day, cheap and cheerful, in contrast to the more expensive Scania / Volvo, but still got on with the job, plenty of room inside and relatively reliable.

Hiya Fergie me again ! When the manufacturer gives you a demo for a month or in a lot of cases they would give the bigger operators a 6 month demo all they wanted was an honest fuel record and driver appraisal which we could always give them . When B.Mommin put a magnum in to us on its first trip I sent it down to Munich with our top Scany driver who set off with a “gurn” on his face but when he got back the first words he said to me was " when can I have one Boss? " So we bought two and they did very well . But the older models I have put on the site were not up to our requirements but they got a fair shake all the same !! Cheers Bewick.