Old Firms in Oxford Area

Smiths of Bletchingdon

Hi oily is that you with a smart looking Regent,? I am sure I have come across this bus down at Polle I think in the late 1970s when it (or one of its sisters) was transferred from Provincial of Gosport ownership or perhaps King Alfred Motor Services, Salisbury to Hants and Dorset at Poole depot.
Cheers,
Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi oily is that you with a smart looking Regent,? I am sure I have come across this bus down at Polle I think in the late 1970s when it (or one of its sisters) was transferred from Provincial of Gosport ownership or perhaps King Alfred Motor Services, Salisbury to Hants and Dorset at Poole depot.
Cheers,
Leyland 600
Hi Leyland 600, aye guilty :laughing: some sister motors here
old-bus-photos.co.uk/wp-cont … oxford.php
Oily

Here you go Chris , not my photos on these ones

Memory Lane for you again Eddie. Chris

JAKEY:

Love these Steve :smiley: NFC 156T was Roger ‘Trucker’ Shayler’s wagon. Very touchy about his motor was Roger, hated anyone else driving it! The Freighters started arriving a while after I had left & had gone onto Luker’s, although Jim Grey (RIP) had one FCW 329W, I’ve got a pic of it somewhere I will dig it out. Chris

Mastiff. Chris

Chris ,your bloody correct that was Rogers motor :open_mouth: and the cruiser , the w reg cruiser I do recall but it was on internal shunting on the engine area ,never went on the road then and a long blonde haired man drove it .

Hey Chris ,didn’t we find a early Mastiff at Rush green motors ,ex bl ?

What s happened to Muckaway …used to enjoy his posts ?

JAKEY:
Hey Chris ,didn’t we find a early Mastiff at Rush green motors ,ex bl ?

Hi Steve, was it a Mastiff we saw at Rush Green or one of the Boxer’s that used to be on internals with those little 24’ single-axle trailers? As for the chap with the long hair you mentioned I think that would have been Paul Crowther :bulb: He used to prefer local/internals, he used to unload the single-axle seat frame containers that used to come up from South Wales, he had a 2nd man/mate on that job called Pete Siggers, wore glasses & smoked a pipe. Chris

badboybumpkin:
What s happened to Muckaway …used to enjoy his posts ?[/quote
Hi badboy, I think there is a post on here from a while back from Muckaway saying he goes on Facebook/Truck a lot nowadays. Chris

Chris , I thought it was a Mastiff , I have a photo on my old phone .

Saw this some where and had to steal it .

and this , but I do not think they were oxford wagons ,do not think I could see the fleet code BA.

LM.jpg