OK now what?

done

daleyboy:

Either or. I tend to carry a card and draw cash as I need it.

daleyboy:

Look at the Euro Driver’s Info Point thread at the top of this forum for links to sites that give info on tolls.

daleyboy:

Not as frequent as the stories would have you believe.

daleyboy:

Possibly, but I have never used one in all the time I’ve been going over the water . It may depend on the degree of sphincter control you have whether you will have to use one or not.

daleyboy:

Not as dodgy as the stories would have you believe.

Cool well that is a good start, thanks for answering those for me, i will come back later with some more :smiley:

hi --i do europe all the time as an owner driver so my answers may not be 100% applicable to your self.
I have cards and tags for all motorways in europe so no cash is required for that element.However all the motorways accept both cash and cards.
As regards the tolls etc it depends where you are going and how much time you have and weather your employer will want you topay the toll charges.If you are using toll roads all the time for a three week period you will need loads of cash or acess to Master card / Visa. Using UK based cards will involve a high exchange rate and a commission charge for using the card.
As regards gas attacks I have not experienced anything --however I never park in dodgy places and never within 100kms of Calais if I have no time to cross.
Toilets are no problem – squat ones are not an issue unless you are doing Turkey and some of the old commie bloc countries.
I have never experienced any problems with the european police --they have a job to do and if you are in the wrong then you have to pay --no if or ands --just pay and on your way.
Hope the above is of use to you
trevor

daleyboy:
squat toilets.

:

Ah, happy memories!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
A bit of warning would be nice harry!
I nearly chundered over me frosties :laughing:
(how would you get so far over to the side with your “deposit”?) :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cool some more good info, reguarding cards.

Been told by my new boss that the fuel cards they have can be used for the tolls.

I dont have credit cards, just nationwide flex account so i wont be charged i dont think for drawing cash, well i dont in Thailand anyway.

Couple more questions.

Are there laundry facilities aplenty or should i bring 3 weeks worth of clothes with me?

and what is the best route calais to Milan?

As for the picture of the toilet, that is not what i want to see :laughing: they have these everywhere in Thailand and being nearly 7 feet tall, it is a looooooooonnnnnngggggg way down. :laughing:

Depending what fuel card you have you may need to plan your route around filling stations.

daleyboy:
Cool some more good info, reguarding cards.

Been told by my new boss that the fuel cards they have can be used for the tolls.

I dont have credit cards, just nationwide flex account so i wont be charged i dont think for drawing cash, well i dont in Thailand anyway.

Couple more questions.

Are there laundry facilities aplenty or should i bring 3 weeks worth of clothes with me?

and what is the best route calais to Milan?

As for the picture of the toilet, that is not what i want to see :laughing: they have these everywhere in Thailand and being nearly 7 feet tall, it is a looooooooonnnnnngggggg way down. :laughing:

You used to be able to get your washing done in carisio ( a popular restaurant ■■■ truckstop between turin and milan) for a few quid. Ask either stella or tony behind the bar.
We used to run down to reims, dijon, lyon, chambery, frejus, turin, milan.
But there was Also the blanc or lux.

That looks like a good route, the boss mentioned going through the tunnel as their preferred route.

Not too sure yet how much of it will be upto me.

Will keep everyone posted, maybe with some pics on my first trip.

And its good to know i dont need to pack 3weeks worth of clothes :laughing:

daleyboy:
And its good to know i dont need to pack 3weeks worth of clothes :laughing:

I always took 2 weeks worth for 3 weeker in case I couldn’t get them washed at the end of week 1 :wink: Laundry facilities are availible at bigger Routiers and some motorway service areas or park up at a shopping centre :smiley:

Just remember though if your out in Italy/ Spain etc it will be hot and dusty so you may end up changing more than just once a day. Especially given the wider availability of showers :smiley: :wink:

montana man:
. Especially given the wider availability of showers :smiley: :wink:

Thats good to know, makes a change from the crap we get here :angry:

This Europe lark is sounding easier by the day.

Note to self: Dont forget to drive on the right :laughing:

daleyboy:
Note to self: Dont forget to drive on the right :laughing:

Unless you go to Ireland, Malta or Cyprus. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

I’m a bit out of date on the other stuff but squat toilets are simply the best.
As long as they’re clean of course, but that goes for all toilets.

1. You don’t have to put your bare bum in contact with someone else’s. :unamused: :laughing:
  2. Much healthier because of the straight-line angle of bowel to bog. There is less bowel cancer in places like Africa where squatting rather than sitting is the norm. :laughing:
    Love 'em or hate 'em, you do need something to hang onto though, especially in later years when there is a certain weight tranferance towards the rear end. :unamused: :blush: :laughing:

And when you use a “squatter” make sure your wallet is not in your back pocket,or it might end up down the hole !!

also if you dont hear a “plop” check the back of your trousers before you pull em up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

those last 2 bits of advice sound like they were gained the hard way :laughing: :laughing:

reckon it’s right about the angle though - goes like a torpedo most times :astonished:

r slicker:
also if you dont hear a “plop” check the back of your trousers before you pull em up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

FPMSL

Actually I find the old squatters more hygenic too! Purely cos it dun take so much to wipe your ■■■ clean cos it comes straight out if you know what I mean. This, of course, doesn’t apply if you don’t have an hairy ■■■

This, of course, doesn’t apply if you don’t have an hairy ■■■

and if its a curly wurley also. hence the check the back of your trousers first :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :astonished: