Ok, forget that question

Orys you have been getting a real slagging on this post and i don,t think you deserve this slagging, but i notice by your answers you can stand up for yourself so you dont need any help on the verble side of this post.
If some of these people that are slagging you off have been to Poland and worked with the Polish as i have (My first trip to Poland was with beef in 1975 and i have been there many times since, and have never had a problem that could not be sorted )
And recently i have been working with them and theres nowt wrong with them they are hard working honest lads making a living to support there families the same as me, and the company where i worked if they spoke reasonable english, they had the same wages as the british drivers.
What would our haulage industry be without these drivers, they are filling a gap,another goverment statistic is that the Polish workers in this country do not claim much benefits i think the figure was 2% as opposed to 30% of our own nationals.
The Polish are not here for the benifits they are here to work and be paid a decent wage as our workers that went to Germany and Saudi in the 70s and 80s, they did it for better money than they got here.

Thanks for nice worlds.

I just must add, to be honest, that it’s true: THEY ARE some polish citizens, who come here only to live on benefits. For example council flats at Lincoln Avenue in Glasgow is a disaster- there are polish and slovakian Gypsys everywhere there. Some of true Poles are doing the same, but I hate this as much as you, and even more, as they damaging good opinion, what Poles used to have in UK and I suffering from that (as you can see in this thread).

I want to mention, that majority of Poles going here are between 20 and 35 years, so they are young, hard worked people, physically fit so it’s very small amount of people, who need some benefits (most in cases like mine, but car accidents and unfair employer can happen to everyone). And remember that most of them will work here few years putting cash to your system, and then they will go back to Poland when they will be older. So they paying taxes here, but they will get their pension in Poland - it’s clear profit for your social system, even if some of them will get benefits here.

But please, when you are looking for poles do not have in your mind only this few lazy ■■■■■■■■■ who are sponging benefits only.

orys:
[
I would reccomend you a good historican book “Question of Honor”. Do not be afraid, it’s not polish. It’s written by american historians and perfectly shows polish situation during the war and after.

About 1. “That should never be signed” but polish soldiers defending britain or this mathematicans, who broke enigma code (and now everyone claims, that there were british) were OK, right?
Another question: when Britain is to help Poland it’s not good, but tell me: how war would ended without american help for you? And do you trying to tell me, that USA was in danger from Nazists?

I do not want to get into a debate with you about the war, it is you that brought up that irrelevance to your situation in the first place, not me.

But, I do not need to read what Americans say to know my own country’s history, thank you.

Although probable, there is no guarantee that Hitler would have attacked Britain anyway, without our declaration of war, but in any case putting off our war against him would have given us much needed breathing space to prepare.

The Yanks only came into the war because they were attacked by Germany’s ally, Japan, thus Germany declared war on them.

Finally, could we have won without American help? Certainly not against Japan, but a European war delayed by some years would certainly have given us a better chance to defend ourselves without help.

As I said before, I sympathise with your current situation, but slagging off the nation to whom you appeal to for help and advice will get you nowhere, as you have seen.

that’s the best post yet. :open_mouth:

Oh dear we are getting our Knickers in a twist aren’t we :unamused:

What the [zb] has the war got to do with it :question:

You ain’t doing yourself any favours mate, we’ve all got our own views on the influx of Eastern Europeans into our labour force, many of them contribute to our economy & that’s a good thing, I’m sure you fall into that category, but as you are finding out, there are good & bad people everywhere, just as there are Poles that can’t manage to drive 2 miles in the UK without spinning a car up the bank, there are also many who can drive. :open_mouth:

You’re having a few issues with an employer, well welcome to the real world mate :astonished:

well said spardo thats what p***ed me off about his post :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Spardo:
I do not want to get into a debate with you about the war, it is you that brought up that irrelevance to your situation in the first place, not me.

Yeah, but only becouse someone wanted to get wider look on that case. So I only moved this widening further :wink: But that’s only academic discussion and as someone pointed already it have nothing to do with the subject. :wink:

But, I do not need to read what Americans say to know my own country’s history, thank you.

Sometimes is good to get some look into it from outside. And especially for british people, who (i know, I am touching the hot point again) who thinks, that they are centre of the world. See even here: some people even don’t know that people from alied countries were fighting in british army during the war (and they weren’t polish only, they were french for example as well) or you think that they were british mathematicans, who broke enigma code etc etc. But off cours let forget this discussion as is not a historican forum here :wink:

As I said before, I sympathise with your current situation, but slagging off the nation to whom you appeal to for help and advice will get you nowhere, as you have seen.

Yeah. But you see: I just explained my situation without any historican relations, but then they started talking about poor poles who cames to britain. So I wanted to explain why we are so poor. I think we all must agree that Poland suffered the worst during the war - we had the most citizend killed, the most damages, we were moved to the west without any choice and then we were sponged by Soviet Union for 60 years. Even you are working in France, and you coming from one of the richest economy on the word, so will you blame Poles for doing the same?

But I agree - it’s have nothing to do with my case. If I would be scottish not paying for my work will be exactly as bad. So just put all historical issues and east europeans sponging the british social system away, as is not my case :wink:

newmercman:
just as there are Poles that can’t manage to drive 2 miles in the UK without spinning a car up the bank, there are also many who can drive. :open_mouth:

I think it must be many poles, who can drive. Let me remind you, that it’s not my country, where when is 2 cm of snow roads are closed, schools are closed and they are huge titles “Snow caused road chaos” at every paper :wink:

orys you have come from poland to enjoy the rich pickings whilst you are working . fair enough you paid taxes and your kids probably went to school and you enjoyed free healthcare whilst employed . but now the goldrush has ended for you why not go back you will still get your compensation .the small amount of tax you paid does not cover much really . and forgive me for cynical but you are becoming a liability to the country . i bet if i moved to poland i would not be so financially welcomed .and at least you would not be a outcast in your own country .

orys:

newmercman:
just as there are Poles that can’t manage to drive 2 miles in the UK without spinning a car up the bank, there are also many who can drive. :open_mouth:

I think it must be many poles, who can drive. Let me remind you, that it’s not my country, where when is 2 cm of snow roads are closed, schools are closed and they are huge titles “Snow caused road chaos” at every paper :wink:

If we’re that bad mate, why the [zb] are you still here :question:

We have a saying here, ‘DO NOT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU’ take note or ■■■■ off back to your nicely gritted roads :imp:

Listen Orys why don’t you ■■■■ off somewhere else with your trolling, you come on here and slag off the country that is paying for you, well i for one say get on the next boat back to Poland.

I have dealt with more than my fair share of Poles and have yet to meet one who is a professional driver, here are a few examples from different companies i have worked at.

The same driver getting done 2 days in a row on the same fixed speed camera outside the belfry golf club.

That same driver spotted driving a ■■■ papers distance from his brother in front.

The father mounting a pavement at 50mph with a double deck trailer on, and me in the passenger seat.

That same driver running out of diesel twice on the motorway on the same night, then driving into the diesel pump in strensham services.

I hooked up a trailer and ran it round into the warehouse on the shunt valve only, for the driver then to proceed to jump in and drive off down the road with a fully loaded trailer without even doing vehicle checks and having no lines on!!!

3 brand new trailers all smashed within one week of getting them, how? they never needed to be reversed anywhere, drive and drive out, yet all 3 were smashed in the rear.

5 reports in 3 days to the office i was working in of different Polish agency drivers spotted driving down the outside lane of the m4.

A polish driver killing an old woman when he mounted the pavement in a bin lorry.

A driver taking 7 hours to drive from Bristol to Grantham, then taking nearly an hour to reverse on bay, then getting back to the yard and driving the wrong way round a one way system.

I was sat at Aosta having a 45 when a pole came in and took 12 yes 12 shunts to park next to me, and i was the only ■■■■■■■ lorry in the place

The list goes on, so to all the PC brigade out there, that are saying we go to other countries and do the same as the poles, well that is horse ■■■■. Those drivers who have gone to Canada and that drive round Europe and other parts of the World, are professional drivers with certain standards, if a Pole wants to drive a lorry in this country than take the UK test and lets see how many would pass.

:imp: