Ok, forget that question

Kiowan:
When did the Poles defend Britain? In WW2 it got invaded by the Germans and liberated (and subsequently occupied) by the Russians… In more recent wars Britain hasn’t needed directly defending.

Your pal gave us good example:
"No. 303 “Kościuszko” Polish Fighter Squadron (Polish: Warszawski Dywizjon im. Tadeusza Kościuszki) was a Polish fighter squadron formed in Great Britain as part of an agreement between the Polish Government in Exile and the United Kingdom on 2 August of 1940 and became officially operational a few weeks later on 31 August. Kosciuszko Squadron is famous for claiming the highest number of enemy kills during the Battle of Britain of all fighter squadrons then in operation through September to October 1940.[1] The squadron was disbanded in December 1946.
It was one of several Polish fighter squadrons fighting alongside the Royal Air Force during the World War II.
Squadron was named after the Polish and American hero General Tadeusz Kościuszko.

Notice: Only this one polish squadron destroyed 4.7% of all enemy aeroplanes during the battle.

You’re original post has been deleted, so I have no idea what the result of your car accident was, but presumably you are able to sit at a desk and use a computer, so the questions comes as to why you cannot simply get an office job to get some income.

Result of my accident was that I was sacked from my company for absence when on doctor’s leave. It;s not fair, no matter if I am scottish or polish, and, apart of that, they hasn’t paid me over 700. So I was left unemployed, injured (I barely can walk or move for over ten days and I am still suffering from strong pains) and wasn’t paid for my work. So now I must find any job (and that’s why I am on the computer all day, I sending my CV’s everywhere (I am answering office jobs as well).

The main problem with people claiming sickness benefit and jobseekers is they don’t want to do anything, they claim they don’t have the mobility to work (yet sitting at a computer all day requires very little mobility), or they claim they don’t have the qualifications to do jobs offered to them (takes very little in the way of qualifications to be a cleaner or a data entry clerk or a shelf stacker). So unless you’re bed ridden I don’t see why you cannot work?

I do agree. But I understand jobseekers allowance as something to allow me to get job right for me. If you will be for example a Quantum Electrodynamic professor and you will lost your job it can take some time to find another position, and recruitment process can take a lot of work and time. So I think it is good for you in this case to sit at home for two or three weeks on jobseekers allowance and going through recruitment process then to become cleaner and have no time for that… It will have profit for all country, as there are milions of people who can be a cleaners and not much proffesors :wink:

The government is ofcourse ultimately to blame for their ridiculous handouts, people on jobseekers should have it withdrawn immiedately if they refuse any job that they offered, whereas at the moment they can just refuse every job and continute to claim benefits. Benefits are emergency income, not a way of life.

I perfectly agree and what more - that how it’s work in Poland. What more, even if you will not find any job for over six months your benefits are withdrawn…

I just have quite emergency situation (as there will be some time before I recieve either my salary or my insurance compensation and I was off of work for three weeks now and I wasn’t paid for what I worked before, so I am going out of cash). But I was looking all this time and I had even one interview but when guy seen that I have problems with my neck he even dont want me on test drive, as he told me “neck problems aren’t good for off road driving”. So i am looking now for any job.

I fully understand how angry are you for all this people living on benefits. I can assure you, that now I am angry too - they living on MY taxes now as well :wink:

you mean pols trained by the british and paid by the british using british equipment and you got the highest kill rate no surprise there seen how half of you drive :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just to get myself into potentially hot water here, but I really don’t care.

SOME Eastern European migrants have arrived on the shores of Britain and have figured the system more thoroughly than any Brit has ever done. But I do not feel this is the case here as such.

It appears that this person, a driver like the rest of us, has got himself into a situation which could happen to any one of us. A number of years ago, a firm I was working for lost a driver in a smash in Poland. It was not his fault in any way and he was the one who died. It took 4 months for the body of this Brit driver to be returned to his family because of all the nonsense red tape, and the causal driver was not even made to pay to ship the corpse back. In short, the family of the driver got nothing from the ones responsible.

That was completely and utterly wrong. So how can any of you, in all conscience, say that this person should not get some sort of recompense? What if it were one of you writing this thread instead of someone else?

If the accident was not your fault then get on to the insurers and chase them for some money to live on. Use it wisely and get a good lawyer to fight the case. I wish you well, I truly do.

I suppose that all of you who have given him such a hard time would wish the same for me, since I left the UK shores to try for a better life in Canada, would you? I suppose you think my wife should just have been left to die with the cancer rather than to get treatment, do you?

Isn’t it strange that here, in Canada, my wifes condition was diagnosed and treatment arranged far quicker and with far more compassion and understanding than she would ever have got in the UK.

All of you with the anti foreigner attitudes are a major reason why the UK is in such a mess. The same sort of people that I would face down at every opportunity because I have visited the gravesites of the Polish dead from WW1, and I have seen Poles go into the UK and are happy to do the scut work that the UK staff thought beneath them, and I have seen these same people treated like dirt.

You ought to be ashamed. No wonder I left!!

if you are waiting on getting a insurance claim payout, here is a average period it will take to be settled and this is for a straightforward case, example if the other party accepts blame .

up to £5000 = 1 year.

£5000 to 15000 = 2 yrs to 3 yrs.

above £15000 can take anything up to 5 years.
and that is just an average, i am going through a claim now and this is the time scale my lawyer says it will take.
so you be better getting a job instead of waiting for it to be settled.

This might seem a silly question by some on here Orys, but are/were you in a trade union when you were in your last job? If you were have you got them on your case? Why won’t your last employer pay you the money he owes you?
As someone has already suggested , could you not find a job as an interpreter somewhere where many of your countrymen are employed. Where I work we have a woman driver who seems to spend most of her worktime in the office acting as an interpreter for her polish colleagues to avoid accusations that they did not fully understand what was being said.

Bobthedog:
Isn’t it strange that here, in Canada, my wifes condition was diagnosed and treatment arranged far quicker and with far more compassion and understanding than she would ever have got in the UK.

All of you with the anti foreigner attitudes are a major reason why the UK is in such a mess. The same sort of people that I would face down at every opportunity because I have visited the gravesites of the Polish dead from WW1, and I have seen Poles go into the UK and are happy to do the scut work that the UK staff thought beneath them, and I have seen these same people treated like dirt.

You ought to be ashamed. No wonder I left!!

I fully endorse everything Bob says with one variation, my wife here was treated for something else not cancer, but equally swiftly in comparison to the UK.

However Orys, while I sympathise with you in your misfortune in a foreign land and think you deserve all the help any EU citizen deserves, you do yourself no favours by attacking British actions before, during and after the war. 3 points:

1. Britain declared war when not attacked because of a treaty which should never have been signed to defend Poland.
  2. The Polish RAF pilots, while heroic, were not defending Britain, they were fighting for the liberation of their own country - Poland, and quite rightly so.
  3. Britain had no obligation after the war to liberate Poland from the Russian yoke, if we had have done we would have been in an even worse position than the German war left us in.

bobthedog:
You ought to be ashamed.

dreva:
you mean pols trained by the british and paid by the british using british equipment and you got the highest kill rate no surprise there seen how half of you drive :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You may be suprised, but the story was quite different. Polish pilots in this time were best of the world. So there was no need for training. But british army knew better and put them to Scotland or somewhere for flying school. And when germans were attacking from Norway ore something, they were involved in fights and showed them what they can. After that they were told “sorry guys, you indeed can flight” and then put on the firs line.

Planes were off course british, but what is plane worth without a good pilot?

And, apart of that, I would want you to see how you are driving in Poland. It’s Mad Max scenes every day there :wink: Then we can speak about who is better driver.

kickstart:
This might seem a silly question by some on here Orys, but are/were you in a trade union when you were in your last job? If you were have you got them on your case? Why won’t your last employer pay you the money he owes you?
As someone has already suggested , could you not find a job as an interpreter somewhere where many of your countrymen are employed. Where I work we have a woman driver who seems to spend most of her worktime in the office acting as an interpreter for her polish colleagues to avoid accusations that they did not fully understand what was being said.

Hm. There weren’t any union in my job. I do not know how union works, but we were trying to resolve our problem alone. One of the older drivers spoke to the company owner about our salaries and he was told “you are lucky that I pay you if you most of your shift sitting in the lorry, and reading the paper when waiting to be loaded” what is true, but we aren’t responsible for lack of organization in company. We are giving our time to the company and if company want to waste it - that not our problem in my opinion.

They haven’t paid me, i think, becouse they think that I am some stupid boy from Poland and I will be sit quiet instead of fighting for my rights. I started to pursuit this question with CAB and they saw, that I wont let them do that, so now they are looking some way to defend theirs decision - they trying to rip me into some accident, what was never occured, and they talking, that I havent told them about my absence, what coused huge losses for company, but that also is not true. Apart of that, as far as I know, they cannot take nothing from my salary without informing me.

It’s not easy to gert a job as an interpreter. As you can see my english is far from perfect and there is hundred of poles arround, who graduated in english. But I am giving polish lessons to some scottish people from time to time.

Spardo:

1. Britain declared war when not attacked because of a treaty which should never have been signed to defend Poland.
  2. The Polish RAF pilots, while heroic, were not defending Britain, they were fighting for the liberation of their own country - Poland, and quite rightly so.
  3. Britain had no obligation after the war to liberate Poland from the Russian yoke, if we had have done we would have been in an even worse position than the German war left us in.

I would reccomend you a good historican book “Question of Honor”. Do not be afraid, it’s not polish. It’s written by american historians and perfectly shows polish situation during the war and after.

About 1. “That should never be signed” but polish soldiers defending britain or this mathematicans, who broke enigma code (and now everyone claims, that there were british) were OK, right?
Another question: when Britain is to help Poland it’s not good, but tell me: how war would ended without american help for you? And do you trying to tell me, that USA was in danger from Nazists?

1. As far as I know London is not a polish city (but may be soon, if you look for amount of Poles who live there :stuck_out_tongue:). For liberation of Poland underground organisations were fighting in Poland. Including Warsaw Rising, where british army do not wanted to make them drops of support and amunition as “this is too dangerous for british soldiers”. I guess, that fighting in Battle of Britain is not dangerous?
    They were fighting with enemy of all europe, together with other alies, not defending London or attacking Monte Cassino.

2. O.K. It was better for british people. I agree. But poles were just ripped of. See: even germany (west germany) got huge amount of international help. And we were dried from everything for 60 years. And now some of you blame us, that we are poor country and going west for better live…

Orys

you have mail !!!

change of mind

well its getting like mad max here.last firm i worked at they did so much damage it cost the hundreds of thousand pounds so are we sure your acciddent wasnt your fought■■?

how can getting hit up the arse be his fault?

My accident was not related to work - i was hitten into back of my own car in my own time.

they trying to tell me, that I had other accident at work, what is not true

slamming on :astonished: 70 to30 normaly does the the trick :stuck_out_tongue:

Aren’t we all glad our glorious leaders signed us up for the EU? What the (zb) were they thinking? :unamused:

Orys…if you put as much effort into sorting your life out as you do in posting daft things on this forum, you’d be fine by now (you may even be able afford a boat ticket :wink: ).

Most truckers will bend over backwards to help someone genuine, but we don’t like it when that someone takes the (zb)!

To be honest, I don’t care whether you stay in Britain or not, as long as you’re not sponging off the indigenous people who work hard every day (by claiming benefit in this Country etc) because that makes me very very cross indeed!

Edited for language if it needs stars to get past the censor it means it’s not allowed mm

Yet another one.

I asked for advice. Post was three screens long and all what you all seen in that was only one word “benefit”.

You missing all the rest of my (no longer existing) post.

Why no on of you touched main question?

I do not asked for any benefits. Never before, and I hope never again. But one scottish company owes me over 700 pound - they refused to pay for my work. And that only reason why I was trying to get some support as I have no cash to pay my bills.

If this company will play fair, there will be no need for me to ask anyone for help! Amount of money, what they owe me is good enough to sit few weeks at home, when injured, without asking for nothing.

So answer this:
is that OK if someone not paying me for my work, if I am polish?

And I only asked for advice.

It’s good, that one of you can read with understanding and was so kind to explain me few things. And thats only what I was asked for. Thanks for him for that.

orys:
I asked for advice.

…and you got it. Don’t complain if you don’t like it! :unamused:

Honestly mate, I don’t have anything against you at all, but if you have run out of money and can’t get a job…maybe it’s time to do the decent thing eh?

With regard to this road accident and the money you claim to be owed, have you tried speaking to the Citizens Advice Bureau, ACAS or a union? (The first 2 are free!).

As regards your ramblings about how the Polish bailed us out of this, that and the other and how good you were to poor old Blighty during WW2 :unamused: , I’m all for your sense of national pride, but get a grip…we both know Britain is the reason you’re not all speaking in German now don’t we :wink:

The Mighty Trucker:

orys:
I asked for advice.

…and you got it. Don’t complain if you don’t like it! :unamused:

yeah, but I also recieved USEFUL advice :wink:

Honestly mate, I don’t have anything against you at all, but if you have run out of money and can’t get a job…maybe it’s time to do the decent thing eh?

I think my problem is only temporary, and I can handle it (but some support would be usefull) and I will continue to putting cash to the jar - what, i think, is good for all

With regard to this road accident and the money you claim to be owed, have you tried speaking to the Citizens Advice Bureau, ACAS or a union? (The first 2 are free!).

yeah I have CAB involved in my case and I have lawyer, who speaking with insurers. But it all takes time…

As regards your ramblings about how the Polish bailed us out of this, that and the other and how good you were to poor old Blighty during WW2 :unamused: , I’m all for your sense of national pride, but get a grip…we both know Britain is the reason you’re not all speaking in German now don’t we :wink:

I heard about two british pilots, who got lost and were put down near to Nowy Sącz, and they joined polish undeground army… But as far as I know, is the Soviet Union who freed us (in 1991, when they took away last soldier from Poland) :slight_smile:

That’s what I am speaking about: all nations were fighting together against germans. So I do not want to tell that “only polish soldiers defended Britain” but you can’t also tell “Poland is freed by Britain”.