Oh the joys of driving into Calais port!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: youtube.com/watch?v=sZXxJ7yfTu0

I find it hard to feel sorry for those people, albeit they’re homeless or whatever but the fine those drivers could get is eye watering maybe even life ruining. I did a few trips to France in a curtain sided van last year and the thought of what just happened used to terrify me, I’m not ashamed to admit that :laughing: :laughing:

What’s the done thing when a situation like that happens? Do you get out and confront them and risk a kicking or even being killed?! Or do you just leave them there till you reach the appropriate authorities?

I think Bonnie sums it up perfectly.

I wouldn’t fancy being the Captain of one of them cross channel ferries, I mean just imagine how big his fine would be for carrying all them illegals in!

Oh hang on, it doesn’t quite work that way does it? :smiling_imp:

I think Bonnie sums it up perfectly.

Wooow, thats an eye opener!

Went for the train one night, through the scanner and sniffer no problems.
Come off train in UK no customs check so did’nt stop till traffic backed up at clacket on m25, near side curtain bulges then splits (cut) out jumps two passengers.

Got no choice now but call old bill cus three lanes of traffic have seen my stow aways and i figure some one else will call them if i dont.

Old bill turns up checks out trailer for more occupants, get the all clear and sent on my way.
They were not interested in trying to catch the guys!

Seen a driver having a kicking a few years back outside the esso garage next to pidou, blasted the horn hit the headlights on the rats scattered!!! Then the counter assistant came out with a gun !!!f me :angry: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

did you not know our streets are paid with gold free housing plenty of handouts

maga:
I find it hard to feel sorry for those people, albeit they’re homeless or whatever but the fine those drivers could get is eye watering maybe even life ruining. I did a few trips to France in a curtain sided van last year and the thought of what just happened used to terrify me, I’m not ashamed to admit that :laughing: :laughing:

combination of beer and old age :blush:

maga:

What’s the done thing when a situation like that happens? Do you get out and confront them and risk a kicking or even being killed?! Or do you just leave them there till you reach the appropriate authorities?

What are these " curtain sided vans" you speak of ?

maga:

maga:

Sorry :blush:

maga:

For the record, i challanged one of them there clandestines as he was trying to get in my trailer in the lanes @ Coquelles.
Was told i was lucky not to be charged with assault because i grabbed him by the throat and was “being offensive”

That is seriously scary! Id be having kittens if i saw people trying to get on the back of my wagon!

Suedehead:

maga:

For the record, i challanged one of them there clandestines as he was trying to get in my trailer in the lanes @ Coquelles.
Was told i was lucky not to be charged with assault because i grabbed him by the throat and was “being offensive”

They look like luton vans but where the panels should be they have curtains… There seems to be a fair few knocking around at the moment. I used to be jelous of them when i was on class 2 curtains siders, they only have about 4 straps on the vans!

an absolute disgrace that this should be allowed to happen.

I also challenged one of these illegals, he was sat on my trailer axle and I was quite willing to kill him, I attacked him with my sliding roof pole until a Dutch driver took it off me and put me in my cab. It was quite scary to be stabbing someone and not really caring about the outcome.

There were two of them that day and they got on the trailers inside the Eurotunnel compound whilst we were parked in the lanes. :open_mouth:

It amazes me to think just how many foreigners in this country I pass on the street are illegal immigrants.

Doesn’t surprise me either that the old bill didn’t even try looking for them

drummerkev:
That is seriously scary! Id be having kittens if i saw people trying to get on the back of my wagon!

Suedehead:

maga:

They look like luton vans but where the panels should be they have curtains… There seems to be a fair few knocking around at the moment. I used to be jelous of them when i was on class 2 curtains siders, they only have about 4 straps on the vans!

What drummerkev says, they are a 3.5t Luton van with curtains and a sleeper pod above the driver. You’ll have seen a lot of them on polish plates no doubt :wink:.
Mine was a uk registered vauxhall movano used for carrying ducting mainly :smiley:

maga:
What drummerkev says, they are a 3.5t Luton van with curtains and a sleeper pod above the driver. You’ll have seen a lot of them on polish plates no doubt :wink:.
Mine was a uk registered vauxhall movano used for carrying ducting mainly :smiley:

I wish our curtainsiders had sleeping pods :slight_smile:

As for Polish most of them are tilts (is that you call them in UK? Just the rag pulled over the frame) to keep the weight down and payload up.