OH NO! Stobbies finest AGAIN!

scontent-cdt1-1.■■.fbcdn.net/v/ … e=5FF311E5

■■?

Sorry BG trouble getting the pic up

Lorry stuck under bridge just before junction Jenkin rd …expect delays for those doing Christmas shopping at Meadowhall

Here ya go :wink:

Can’t fault…

The driver for effort. They’ve had a ■■■■ good go at getting the whole roof off by grinding on through.

Quite possibly the first and last time they’ll ever engage crawler. :laughing:

Whats the rest of that sign say,‘we’re stuck’'.

No I think poor effort, he needs to improve on his technique…more speed then quick into low box and keep the revs up. Now that’s the way to clear the bridge :laughing:

Good old stobartski

pierrot 14:
Lorry stuck under bridge just before junction Jenkin rd …expect delays for those doing Christmas shopping at Meadowhall

14’6 bridge. That trailer will be 16’2 or thereabouts I’d think? :unamused: I’ll have a tenner that it’s an EE.

14’6 bridge. That trailer will be 16’2 or thereabouts I’d think?
I recon if you measured it now it’s a good bit under 16’2

Saw a video to this on Social media earlier taken from the back,it’s a lot worse then this photo looks,it’s peeled the roof off,it doesn’t even look like he’s noticed the bridge until it’s halfway under :blush:
I’m no good with the technical stuff so I wouldn’t know how to download it but it was on the spotted Vosa page on F/B…

Previously that bridge height was displayed as 14 foot 9 inches and 4.4 metres. When 4.4 m =14 foot 5.

I wonder if its now displaying 4.4 metres and 14 f 6

Daani:
Previously that bridge height was displayed as 14 foot 9 inches and 4.4 metres. When 4.4 m =14 foot 5.

I wonder if its now displaying 4.4 metres and 14 f 6

Yeah its showing 14.6 now on Google maps :slight_smile:

Years ago I had to back up from the one on Barrow road and find somewhere to turn around. The only real place to cross the railway is Tyler Street

Fuzrat:
Here ya go :wink:

Had a moment with a Stobbie’s lorry with double dekker on Sat night. Waiting to get into Tesco Reading he couldn’t get in. So started backing up. I couldn’t get my engine started nor engage reverse quick enough so I papped my horn to stop him reversing into me.

Next thing, a rather irate and greasy looking EE jumped out and started shouting at me. I’m very surprised this firm gets insurance, I really am. It’s like watching Laurel and Hardy.

They’re probably big enough to be self-insured. My lot are via their own insurance company and it’s a fraction of the size of Stobarts.

Once upon a time you’d never see an odd panel on a Stobbies. If it was broken it was replaced and revinyled as part of the treatment. Maybe there’s a link because if you self insure you’re only claiming against yourself so have to pay for all liability rather than just the excess.

Yorkielad:
Saw a video to this on Social media earlier taken from the back,it’s a lot worse then this photo looks,it’s peeled the roof off,it doesn’t even look like he’s noticed the bridge until it’s halfway under :blush:
I’m no good with the technical stuff so I wouldn’t know how to download it but it was on the spotted Vosa page on F/B…

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Transport commissioner are having a crack down on drivers/hauliers who hit bridges so be interesting if they dare take stobarts on.

Just before bridge

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk