Oh I wish it could be christmas everyday.....NOT!

Early hours of December 1st, I got into my car, Alex Lester was on the radio and the tune that was playing was Jona Lewie “stop the cavalry”. Now how many times have I heard that since? I lost count because now I just scream when it comes on the radio. Same goes for other masterpieces such as” Last Christmas” by Wham,” lonely this Christmas” by Mud, and “December song” by George Michael. The later drives me crazy! How many times can you possibly squeeze the word “Christmas” into one song?
Other annoying Christmas themes include Chris Rea, “Driving home for Christmas”, oh how I wish he would arrive at bloody home so he can stop singing about it. That new one by Hurt, “all I want for Christmas is new year’s day” makes me want to cut my wrists it’s sooooo depressing.
I won’t even mention dear old Cliff, just prop him up against the bar, and let him sing to his little hearts content!
There are some great Christmas songs around, such as fairy-tale of New York, but after 500 times even that gets a little boring. I’m a great fan of john Lennon, although I preferred George Harrison’s work more after the Beatles split up, I still have the original vinyl copies of Johns LP’s and know he did some better work than “happy Christmas, war is over” but only on the anniversary of his death do we hear it.
I used to cut quite a dash down the disco dancing to Slade, with me 30inch flares, platforms, silk (polyester) shirt and kipper tie, but we only ever hear “so here it is merry Christmas” from Slade. Talking about kipper ties reminds me of the classic Noddy Holder joke, when asked by an interviewer what he thought of Kipper ties, Noddy replied, in thick Brummy accent “I like a nice kipper tie, with lots of milk and two sugars”
I do enjoy the traditional Christmas songs, such as “white Christmas” I’m more of a traditionalist, I like a nice Christmas carol to make me start to feel Christmassy, so I’m glad Annie Lennox has bought out an album of traditional songs, a great singer with a great voice, but of course it will be out sold many fold by the X factor winner, whoever that is. I don’t believe that any modern Christmas song can beat a choir singing “Hark the Herald Angels” or “Oh come all ye faithful” you don’t have to be religious or even Christian to enjoy them. All the so called pop songs remind me how far Christmas has gone from the idea of giving and celebration for an historic event, you don’t need to be Christian to celebrate Christmas, but nowadays it’s just an excuse to get pi**ed.
Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone on here a Merry Christmas, to you, and all your families, be safe out there, remember this is the season of good will, think of those far away, the ones who will spend Christmas alone, and if you’re lucky enough, as I will be this year, to have a grandchild celebrating her first Christmas, remember the pure look of innocent joy on their face on Christmas morning, let it lighten your mood, and give you hope for the future.
Last thing, my favourite Christmas song?
See below!

I just wish someone could come up with some new Xmas classics, every year we get the same 10 or so songs shoved down our throats over and over again and every year I dread it! Thankfuly they seemed later with it this year than usual.

Santa Claus you ■■■■■ where’s me [zb]ing bike? is another classic you don’t hear much on the radio these day’s either.

Guess christmas just wouldnt be christmas with out the same old songs like Stayyyyyyyy ohhhhhh wont you Stayyyyy another dayyyyyyyyyyyy Stay Nowwwwwww:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and Let them know its Christmas time

Then the queens speech oh what a good year we have had blah blah :unamused: its the same old rubbish every year yet we still watch it :laughing:
Then theres Wallice and Gromit while eating chocolatte till I feel sick:lol:
Then the hour long Eastenders full of drama like how genine is going to try kill Ryan this year oh well I know whats going to happen now yet I will still watch it :unamused: :laughing:

Same old bah Hum bug :laughing:

darkseeker:
I just wish someone could come up with some new Xmas classics, every year we get the same 10 or so songs shoved down our throats over and over again and every year I dread it! Thankfuly they seemed later with it this year than usual.

heres a new one for ya - Mariah Carey, Oh Santa enjoy :wink:

Stop The Cavalry is the best Christmas song, fact :sunglasses:

the old ones beat that coldplay dross that they call a christmas song. thank god for radio 4.

Christmas songs that irritate me;
Last Christmas (Heart FM seem to like it though)
White Christmas (What a miserable git Bing must’ve been)
I wish it could be Christmas everyday (The ponsy bits with the singing brats)
Stay Another Day (What makes this christmassy, except a few bell sounds and 4 chavs in white hoodies?)
And the one I hate the most…
Simply having, a wonderful christmas time (Macca’s not done anything good since Live and Let Die-don’t tell my mother in law I said that)

phantom309:

darkseeker:

heres a new one for ya - Mariah Carey, Oh Santa enjoy :wink:

…Smashing ■■■■ on her, driver :open_mouth: :smiley: :open_mouth:

bah humbug you miserable gits :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i love christmas, the songs the food, the drink, the partys but best of all the build up.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

jessicas dad:

i love christmas, the songs the food, the drink, the partys but best of all the build up.

Don’t forget Muppets Christmas carol “LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!” :laughing:
Good bit of advice in that film;
Scrooge: “My taxes pay for the prisons and the poor houses, the poor must go there…”
Charity Collector:“But some would rather die!”
Scrooge: “If they’d rather die, they better do it…and decrease the surplus population!”
Great political advice in these tough financial times… :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Too right bah bloody humbug, was good when I was a kid but it’s just another day now.

Christmas has never been the same since they stopped repeating The Great Escape.

The only Christmas song that has ever been truly relevant is:

youtube.com/watch?v=o5BQBKClJeY

Tone

C-Kay:
Stop The Cavalry is the best Christmas song, fact :sunglasses:

No, you’re wrong - its the Pogues “you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy ■■■■■ happy christmas my arse I pray god its our last” :sunglasses:
Anyway, I wont post the links but do a youtube search for Kevin Bloody Wilsons christmas songs :wink:

jessicas dad:

True you gotta love it as it wouldnt be the same with out the same

This without doubt is the greatest Christmas song of all time youtube.com/watch?v=NrAwK9juhhY The late great Kirsty Mc coll and the Pouges. And what about the films at Christmas I haven’t seen the Guns of Navarone for years.

best xmas film is digby biggest dog in the world. :wink: :grimacing:

I say enjoy it while you can as with our Goverment and PC lobby no doubt we’ll not be able celebrate Christmas one of these days but at least we’ll have devali or something hey folks!! :open_mouth:

Got a box set of norman wisdom films ( MR GRIMSDALE!!!..MR GRIMSDALE!!!) then will look around for the Great Escape DVD my father bought (Keep walking dicky, don’t look left or right!), then of course no christmas would be complete without Shelley Winters big scene in The Posidon Adventure.