Oh dear, not sat nav again?

inverclydenow.com/photostream/18065-th

I kind of feel sorry for these drivers who end up in these situations but then again it’s all caused by their own stupidity, lots of us have got lost following a sat nav but it’s knowing where to draw the line in following it blindly.

Hey Rondon, you on ere? :laughing:

I know exactly were he should have been.Im suprised he made it all the way to cornalees that road it single track and very twisty in parts.

I know exactly where he is, and as CS suggested, I don’t know how he got round some of the twists!! :unamused:

Not nice (apart from the cost and embarrassment, no harm was apparently done).

I went all the way down to Prussia Cove in Cornwall this week (not in anything bigger than a 6.5 tonner). Won’t be trying that again. Always risky to go somewhere the google car drivers gave up on.

Another reason not to have your name in the window…eh Rondon? :laughing:

I’m not sure about this, maybe it will widen out in a minute, I’ll just keep going and hope.
Plus I can’t reverse for toffee, so it’s my best/only option really! :laughing:

at least he would have got a quite nights sleep we all make mistakes but that is a bellter :wink:

I wonder how many of the snigger snigger brigade do nothing more technical than motorway trunking?

Iam always off roading ,Wales ,Devon ,Cornwall ,mud tracks ,narrow lanes many times with both mirrors folded in and the windows up to keep the trees out ,when I meet locals and farmers they have a grin on saying are you following sat nav ? Yes I say longitude and latitude,and the map too ,then they realise that iam right to be going that way ,normally up to a mast .

happysack:
I wonder how many of the snigger snigger brigade do nothing more technical than motorway trunking?

quite a few I would think …lets not mention the Tosco etc brigade with their written risk assessments complete with shematic diagrams for every store…ive had to go down roads like that both in eire,uk and abroad so its not specifically a satnav fault.sometimes you’ve just got to go for it and hope it works out…unfortunately for this dude it didn’t this time…
and you know wherever he is there wont be a signal on the phone either… :slight_smile:

I do a lot of farm work and always ring ahead a) to give them warning so they’re there, b) for the best route in. However a good %age of times the farms I go to are totally unsuitable for artics, but the côonts always come out with the crap about “we’ve had bigger in before”, you just don’t know til you get there and then once you’re there you’re invariably past the point of no return and have no realistic choice but to push on to get turned around. My bosses have said to ring them if it’s unsuitable to avoid damage but again by the time you find its unsuitable there’s no backing out option you’ve got to get in to get turned around so I never ring in I just get on with it.

It looks like he went straight up there without properly planning his route (postcode in sat nav and off) and by the time it started to go wrong he had no phone signal so just winged it and hoped for the best.

Colin_scottish:
I know exactly were he should have been.Im suprised he made it all the way to cornalees that road it single track and very twisty in parts.

I’m curious…

IF he hadn’t slid off into the ditch (and I don’t know why he went there, maybe the track gave way), could he have got to a turn round, his destination, a mountain summit or another larger road?

happysack:

Well as it’s a poor and backward country, perhaps the driver thought it was a Scottish motorway! :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

Colin_scottish:

I’m curious…

IF he hadn’t slid off into the ditch (and I don’t know why he went there, maybe the track gave way), could he have got to a turn round, his destination, a mountain summit or another larger road?

Nope nowhere to turn it round unless he tryed a field.Its been a bit wet so its was goin to end in tears what ever the poor guy did.

Poor and backward country Evil8Beezle ? This is the country that is usually a joy to drive in, not as much traffic as Englandshire, I know what I’m talking about here, I lived there for long enough, Scotland, where no one pays to drive over a bridge or under a tunnel, where no one pays for prescriptions, where no one pays for university fees, where the government does not sell your parents house to pay for care home fees, where the air is so clean, you don’t have to blow your nose full of ■■■■■ every hour, I currently live in Thurrock and I am in London nearly every day, what a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■ (you know what I’m sayin) I am leaving next month to return to Scotland, shove London up your arse.

Sapper

dieseldog999:

happysack:

quite a few I would think …lets not mention the Tosco etc brigade with their written risk assessments complete with shematic diagrams for every store…ive had to go down roads like that both in eire,uk and abroad so its not specifically a satnav fault.sometimes you’ve just got to go for it and hope it works out…unfortunately for this dude it didn’t this time…
and you know wherever he is there wont be a signal on the phone either… :slight_smile:

Nowt worse than a “new customer” on the gas. ■■■■ me, some of the back 'o beyond crap-holes we’ve had to try and get into.
Chinook on speed-dial would be handy…

sapper:
Poor and backward country Evil8Beezle ? This is the country that is usually a joy to drive in, not as much traffic as Englandshire, I know what I’m talking about here, I lived there for long enough, Scotland, where no one pays to drive over a bridge or under a tunnel, where no one pays for prescriptions, where no one pays for university fees, where the government does not sell your parents house to pay for care home fees, where the air is so clean, you don’t have to blow your nose full of [zb] every hour, I currently live in Thurrock and I am in London nearly every day, what a [zb] [zb], (you know what I’m sayin) I am leaving next month to return to Scotland, shove London up your arse.

Sapper

There speaks a man with sense and even some more, I’ve been up here in the arctic circle (Morayshire) for the last 21 years and a million pounds wouldn’t drag me back to the cesspit of the south of the border ever again.

Only once been south of Penrith/Durham in 2 years. Have i missed it? Have i ■■■■.

Sapper has seen sense. Leaving the dark side.