OCD tendencies ...

I find I am getting more obsessive about stuff as I’m getting older…

I have to check I’ve locked the car/lorry at least 3 times before leaving it.

I must have the picture on the cigarette lighter the right way up otherwise it really annoys me!

What OCD tendencies do you have?

Like you,I check MANY times that truck is locked.
I wont touch door handles,handrails escalator rails with my bare hands (unless at home)…If i ever drive anyone elses truck I have to clean the steering wheel,gearstick,handbrake and anything else that elses grubby hands might of touched :wink:
If I have a bad or negative thought,I have to touch my temple on my head in a certain way cause I think that if I dont,then the thought might happen.
My bed has to be made in a certain way,
my tea,coffee,sugar canisters in the kitchen have to be in that order.
and many,many,more… :confused: :blush: :wink:

most of it is completely irrational,but I cant help but do it.

I’m glad I’m not alone, I also don’t like touching stuff that may be dirty, I always use alcohol gel before eating smoking etc…

I have to salute magpies with my right hand and say " morning captain"

Completely irrational but have to do it :unamused: :unamused:

Essexboy:
I’m glad I’m not alone, I also don’t like touching stuff that may be dirty, I always use alcohol gel before eating smoking etc…

I have to salute magpies with my right hand and say " morning captain"

Completely irrational but have to do it :unamused: :unamused:

■■■■■■■■. The only thing you have to do is die. The only way to cure these neuroses is to just stop doing them.

I bet that if you stopped, you won’t catch some life threatening disease, the truck will still be there when you return and the world doesn’t spiral into oblivion. I would however be worried about sparking up a ■■■ with alcohol soaked fingers

Always open the door to double check the handbrake is on, usually more than once on the ferry :blush:

where to start :laughing:

straps and ratchets same colour side and neat

check the handbrake at least twice when coupling uncoupling

always make sure i have more than enough timbers/dunnage

when sheeting it dnt move until the sheet is like a drumskin

on the rare occasions i pick up somebody elses load i have had to resheet/secure it

this list could go on and on :confused:

I can’t have the heater or radio volume set on an odd number it always has to be even :blush:

I always ■■■■ cough and spit to start the day :laughing:

Radio stations preset in order of frequency, Radio 2, Capital, Lbc, Radio 1, Kiss, Absolute.

Volume on even numbers, inc bass and treble.

Temp either cold, middle or hot, never 3rd or two thirds round.

Never anything out of it’s permanent place whilst driving.

Loads more I can’t think of right now

You’re all m-m-m-mad! But really anyone who says they are perfectly sane and have no problems are the worst. You really have to watch those nutters!

OVLOV JAY:
Radio stations preset in order of frequency, Radio 2, Capital, Lbc, Radio 1, Kiss, Absolute.

Volume on even numbers, inc bass and treble.

Temp either cold, middle or hot, never 3rd or two thirds round.

Never anything out of it’s permanent place whilst driving.

Loads more I can’t think of right now

Lol!! I do that! Must reset trip computer in case fuel gauge packs up, my dad told me that and I think of it everytime I fill up!

Temp must be in degrees C, Never F!

Oil cap must be screwed up so the oil symbol is facing me

Essexboy:
I must have the picture on the cigarette lighter the right way up otherwise it really annoys me!

Me too on that one.

Diff Lock:
I can’t have the heater or radio volume set on an odd number it always has to be even

Same here but I will allow multiples of 5 so 25 or 35 is OK on the radio as well as all the evens.

I always set the first 4 radio presets to Radio1, Radio2, Radio3, Radio4, even though I never ever listen to Radios 1 or 3.

I’m glad to know it’s not just me who is crackers…

Paul

Ha ha keep em coming!

Bikemonkey:
Like you,I check MANY times that truck is locked.
I wont touch door handles,handrails escalator rails with my bare hands (unless at home)…If i ever drive anyone elses truck I have to clean the steering wheel,gearstick,handbrake and anything else that elses grubby hands might of touched :wink:
If I have a bad or negative thought,I have to touch my temple on my head in a certain way cause I think that if I dont,then the thought might happen.
My bed has to be made in a certain way,
my tea,coffee,sugar canisters in the kitchen have to be in that order.
and many,many,more… :confused: :blush: :wink:

most of it is completely irrational,but I cant help but do it.

I’m finding it very hard to resist posting replies to your posts but now I know you’re an absolute nutter I might use that as motivation!

Always had my suspicions though… :grimacing:

I have to have the vents on the heater straight and level, I can’t have any paperwork out it all has to be filed away in the cab folder. My jacket has to be hung up and not just put on the bunk. God I am strange!!

Silverback
3 Feathers Haulage

Me too with the vents being straight and equal. Drives Mrs Vern nuts! :laughing:

again window vents set the same.
radio stations set the same
keys for shop deliveries in same holes in key box everynight.

When i buy a newspaper … i will never ever buy the one on the top of the pile… got to pick up at least the third one down… and if there is only one paper i wont buy it … will go somewhere else to buy…

stopped smoking long time ago now (17 years ) but i would never ever smoke the last one … I would get to the last ciggi then open a new pack take one out and smoke it and put the last one into the full pack …dont ask me why…

man-tga:
When i buy a newspaper … i will never ever buy the one on the top of the pile… got to pick up at least the third one down… and if there is only one paper i wont buy it … will go somewhere else to buy…

That’s me as well! :open_mouth:

44 Tonne Ton:
I’m finding it very hard to resist posting replies to your posts but now I know you’re an absolute nutter I might use that as motivation!

Always had my suspicions though… :grimacing:

It’s cause you secretly think i’m great Tony I reckon :wink: …I can handle that,I have actually done better than you though and resisted commenting on some of your posts,even when a couple of times I have agreed with you!! :open_mouth:
Could this be the beginning of something special?? :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: