Obviously I must have misread the highway code

Wednesday afternoon M1 j 28 to 29 while travelling throughthe roadworks I was in the centre lane passing a slower moving truck one of our ‘professional drivers’ from potters logistics passed me in the outer lane
Now unless the law has changed im pretty sure hgv’s are not permitted to use the outer lane of a motorway with more than 2 lanes, the speed limit through the roadworks is 50 mph ( you passed me like I was standing) and there is also a width restriction on the outer lane of that section.
And it wasn’t just a one off, you used the outer lane a couple of times before disappearing off into the distance.

No wonder we get no respect from other road users

If it was me i’d a moved over a bit so he couldn’t get by leaving him there till the end of the roadworks !!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Potter’s are one of a select few who have made it on to my list.

tango boy:
If it was me i’d a moved over a bit so he couldn’t get by leaving him there till the end of the roadworks !!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Why bother getting involved, I couldn’t be bothered with the paperwork myself :smiley:

And I saw a Toyota Yaris using the outside lane on the M6!!!

You’re not allowed to post registration numbers. Grass.

Bloomin squealers :wink:

Jesus, has society really gone this bad that we have to tittle tattle on anyone who maybe in a hurry, maybe he had a genuine reason (parent dying/partner giving birth)? I know I would have the fuse pulled and be gone should something like that happen.

maybe the bloke was just a bell end - so what there are enough speed cameras about and if we all continue in this dash cam grassing society we will never see any police on the road as we will all be doing their jobs for them.

war1974:
Jesus, has society really gone this bad that we have to tittle tattle on anyone who maybe in a hurry, maybe he had a genuine reason (parent dying/partner giving birth)? I know I would have the fuse pulled and be gone should something like that happen.

maybe the bloke was just a bell end - so what there are enough speed cameras about and if we all continue in this dash cam grassing society we will never see any police on the road as we will all be doing their jobs for them.

None of the above reasons give him the excuse to break the law and put other peoples lives at risk. These rules are there for very good reasons.
You second para is definitely the more accurate one. Let’s just hope drivers like him are caught and dealt with before they wipe out some innocent people.

albion1971:

war1974:

None of the above reasons give him the excuse to break the law and put other peoples lives at risk. These rules are there for very good reasons.
You second para is definitely the more accurate one. Let’s just hope drivers like him are caught and dealt with before they wipe out some innocent people.

trouble is albion who said he endangered people? he went in a lane not for hgvs yes but no mention of him endangering people. but either way my point is we are almost now in a self policing society and that isn’t going to work out well in the end.

Did you do the obligatory gesture of “both arms in the air whilst ‘over’ shaking your head thru an unnatural ark of 180 degrees”
Next time, instead of searching the floor for your pen whilst hurriedly writing down the registration, do what I do, and don’t give a shirt. You’ll live longer, I guarantee it.

This happens every few minutes of every day on this (and many other) stretches of roadworks. The highway code is arguably one of the most universally ignored pieces of legislation in existence. You can only learn to compensate for the muppet majority who choose to do as they please, whenever they please. I think that is what being a “professional” driver is all about these days.

Something similar happened to myself last weekend travelling south on the A1(m) through the stretch of roadworks past Catterick. 2 lanes only, outside lane has restrictions for any vehicle over 66" & is also signposted camera surveillance for HGVs. A white artic, which I initially thought had to be a Jonny Foreigner began to overtake me with approx 2-6" between us, I thought this cant be happening, but it was. With no disregard he steamed past me at approx 55mph (I was doing approx 47/48mph & the limit being 50mph) thus causing me to swerve left otherwise his mirror would have at best taken mine out, or worse! PO64 … (didnt get the rest of the reg) You are a C*CK!! He then proceeded to overtake a car in similar fashion. Hope / expect that he would have been captured by the cameras! Karma…

war1974:

+1
Its a very sad state of affairs, trial by social media and all that will turn us into a society of squealers where we spend half our time telling tales on each other.

The OP doesnt care about road safety, he is just hoping for some form of retribution by posting the drivers registration, just because another driver has done something naughty (oh alright slightly dangerous and annoying).
Trucks in the middle lane of this section annoy me but then lots of things other people do get on me ■■■■, just crack on or deal with it there and then… We must stop telling tales on each other, the plobbers love it.

That said if theres any juicy dashcam footage available that would be nice… :wink:

Idiots are gunna be idiots. No point trying to stop it.

I don’t understand all the grassing either. We are grown man not in a playground

Miss he overtook where he shouldn’t have . Go and tell sir.

Dipper_Dave:

war1974:

+1
Its a very sad state of affairs, trial by social media and all that will turn us into a society of squealers where we spend half our time telling tales on each other.

The OP doesnt care about road safety, he is just hoping for some form of retribution by posting the drivers registration, just because another driver has done something naughty (oh alright slightly dangerous and annoying).
Trucks in the middle lane of this section annoy me but then lots of things other people do get on me ■■■■, just crack on or deal with it there and then… We must stop telling tales on each other, the plobbers love it.

That said if theres any juicy dashcam footage available that would be nice… :wink:

the only dash cam footage should be either and in no particular order 1, to cover your ■■■ should an accident occur or 2, to show the fit blonde who has come by driving naked.

anything else just think there are thousands of ■■■■■■■■■ on the road and make sure your actions are not the subject of a forum or you tube.

Mattwoodtransport:
Next time, instead of searching the floor for your pen whilst hurriedly writing down the registration, do what I do, and don’t give a shirt. You’ll live longer, I guarantee it.

This. If I got that worked up about everything that went on on the A66 and M1 on a night time I’d have had several heart attacks by now. I’m sure most of us agree that the two companies running yellow tractor units are the worst but I just accept that its a condition that to drive for McBurney and Mark Thompson transport you have to be nothing but complete bell ends, especially if you’re towing a Next or MyHermes trailer so I just let them get past me as fast as possible so they can carry on up the road to their next accident well away from me.

Wind your neck in and concentrate on your own driving.

There are many who bend the rules, all around us, every single day, but it has sweet f/a to do with me…if they want, let them do it, its their licence, their livelyhood, and their wallet, just sit back and chill, thats the best remedy for getting through life , stress will kill you otherwise.