Obviously I must have misread the highway code

war1974:

Dipper_Dave:

war1974:
Jesus, has society really gone this bad that we have to tittle tattle on anyone who maybe in a hurry, maybe he had a genuine reason (parent dying/partner giving birth)? I know I would have the fuse pulled and be gone should something like that happen.

maybe the bloke was just a bell end - so what there are enough speed cameras about and if we all continue in this dash cam grassing society we will never see any police on the road as we will all be doing their jobs for them.

+1
Its a very sad state of affairs, trial by social media and all that will turn us into a society of squealers where we spend half our time telling tales on each other.

The OP doesnt care about road safety, he is just hoping for some form of retribution by posting the drivers registration, just because another driver has done something naughty (oh alright slightly dangerous and annoying).
Trucks in the middle lane of this section annoy me but then lots of things other people do get on me ■■■■, just crack on or deal with it there and then… We must stop telling tales on each other, the plobbers love it.

That said if theres any juicy dashcam footage available that would be nice… :wink:

the only dash cam footage should be either and in no particular order 1, to cover your ■■■ should an accident occur or 2, to show the fit blonde who has come by driving naked.

anything else just think there are thousands of [zb] on the road and make sure your actions are not the subject of a forum or you tube.

What about a hen party on a minibus who lift their tops and flash their wares as they pass? Surely thats acceptable dashcam footage?

Captain Caveman 76:
What about a hen party on a minibus who lift their tops and flash their wares as they pass? Surely thats acceptable dashcam footage?

We need to see the video before deciding whether or not it’s acceptable dash-cam footage :wink:

tachograph:

Captain Caveman 76:

We need to see the video before deciding whether or not it’s acceptable dash-cam footage :wink:

+1

vwgpmk2:
Wednesday afternoon M1 j 28 to 29 while travelling throughthe roadworks I was in the centre lane passing a slower moving truck one of our ‘professional drivers’ from potters logistics NX60EAK passed me in the outer lane
Now unless the law has changed im pretty sure hgv’s are not permitted to use the outer lane of a motorway with more than 2 lanes, the speed limit through the roadworks is 50 mph ( you passed me like I was standing) and there is also a width restriction on the outer lane of that section.
And it wasn’t just a one off, you used the outer lane a couple of times before disappearing off into the distance.

No wonder we get no respect from other road users

It was perhaps an Emergency

Immigrant:

vwgpmk2:
Wednesday afternoon M1 j 28 to 29 while travelling throughthe roadworks I was in the centre lane passing a slower moving truck one of our ‘professional drivers’ from potters logistics NX60EAK passed me in the outer lane
Now unless the law has changed im pretty sure hgv’s are not permitted to use the outer lane of a motorway with more than 2 lanes, the speed limit through the roadworks is 50 mph ( you passed me like I was standing) and there is also a width restriction on the outer lane of that section.
And it wasn’t just a one off, you used the outer lane a couple of times before disappearing off into the distance.

It was perhaps an Emergency

Yes. When on an emergency in a truck an extra 5 mph over 5 miles can make all the difference. Totally justified. The police let you off if it’s an emergency.

war1974:

albion1971:
None of the above reasons give him the excuse to break the law and put other peoples lives at risk. These rules are there for very good reasons.
You second para is definitely the more accurate one. Let’s just hope drivers like him are caught and dealt with before they wipe out some innocent people.

trouble is albion who said he endangered people? he went in a lane not for hgvs yes but no mention of him endangering people. but either way my point is we are almost now in a self policing society and that isn’t going to work out well in the end.

Got too disagree with you, he endangered people, the OP states, and we are taking him at face value,

vwgpmk2:
, the speed limit through the roadworks is 50 mph ( you passed me like I was standing) and there is also a width restriction on the outer lane of that section.

Now unless the OP was in fact standing still, which we assume he wasn’t, that means the truck was exceeding a speed limit put there to slow traffic through a width restricted area, for proven road safety reasons. Also he used a lane with a stated width restriction on it, which he must be in excess of, otherwise it wouldn’t have a restriction. Now I have actually had My mirrors belted (a long time ago), even though I was brushing the cones on my N/S, because a clown in another truck thought his journey was more important than mine, and used a 6’6" lane through 2 lane roadworks to make better progress. As it happened no significant damage occurred, but it could have resulted in one of us going through the cones into a works area(which were on both sides) causing at least delays for other road users, or at the other end of the scale carnage. Only that we both held our nerve(or thought its only a set off mirrors) and kept a straight line, meant that no dramas happened.

That said, the right coarse of action for the OP to take, (with regard to reg number) would have been to phone Potters and complain, or better still, do what the rest of us do, have a moan and gripe to our selves or on here (without reg numbers) and get on with the rest of his day.

I’ve seen quite a bit of this HGV using lane 3 to overtake malarkey lately. Last week I got held up behind one in lane 3 heading north on the M6 just as you approach J15. Absolutely no reason for him to be in lane 3 other than overtaking (extremely gradually) two slower wagons. It was 2 AM in the morning so perhaps this arrogant not-right assumes that the highway code doesn’t apply in the middle of the night. But I’m just a van driver so what do I know.

TO THE TRACTOR driving bit of tottie who would not reverse or pull in on white horse hill erynsford i hate you grrrr :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: i was at 90 degrees vertical heavy :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

vwgpmk2:

Agree with a lot of what you say mate, but did he cause YOU personally any problems, cut you up, or take your mirror off?
You are entitled to your opinion but unless it adversely affected you why bother, let him get on with it .
As for making public his reg (apart from the fact it’s against forum rules), is it necessary to put his job at risk, it aint really your job to police the road.
If it ■■■■■■ you that much, and/or you thought he may sideswipe you, as the lane was narrow why not just put your trailer wheels on the white line when you saw him approach, I’m sure that would get the message across, and then move back in when the restriction ended :bulb:

war1974:

albion1971:

war1974:
Jesus, has society really gone this bad that we have to tittle tattle on anyone who maybe in a hurry, maybe he had a genuine reason (parent dying/partner giving birth)? I know I would have the fuse pulled and be gone should something like that happen.

maybe the bloke was just a bell end - so what there are enough speed cameras about and if we all continue in this dash cam grassing society we will never see any police on the road as we will all be doing their jobs for them.

None of the above reasons give him the excuse to break the law and put other peoples lives at risk. These rules are there for very good reasons.
You second para is definitely the more accurate one. Let’s just hope drivers like him are caught and dealt with before they wipe out some innocent people.

trouble is albion who said he endangered people? he went in a lane not for hgvs yes but no mention of him endangering people. but either way my point is we are almost now in a self policing society and that isn’t going to work out well in the end.

Sorry but if he was in the outside lane and if he was speeding he was putting others at risk.
If something had gone wrong there could have been carnage. Luckily nothing did go wrong.
I am sure there are a few deceased who thought they were not putting others at risk.
Some seem very naive about how quickly things can go wrong especially when drivers break the rules.
Speeding in a heavy vehicle is bad enough but using a lane they should not is bang out of order.
We need more police presence to act against these offenders.

I have seen this a lot by several different companies drivers just leave them to get on with it as I can’t be bothered

Most of the road works are set at AVERAGE 50 mpg but as we all know if we all set out doing 50 mpg some would be going a little faster depends on a lot of things as we all know

Have you phoned the company concerned about this & give them the reg as they should know who is driving it

animal:
I have seen this a lot by several different companies drivers just leave them to get on with it as I can’t be bothered

Most of the road works are set at AVERAGE 50 mpg but as we all know if we all set out doing 50 mpg some would be going a little faster depends on a lot of things as we all know

Have you phoned the company concerned about this & give them the reg as they should know who is driving it

50mpg, WOW, wish I could get 50mpg, then I could argue for a Fuel Bonus. [emoji12]

martinviking:

animal:

50mpg, WOW, wish I could get 50mpg, then I could argue for a Fuel Bonus. [emoji12]

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wish could do that in car

The bloke in the outside lane is obviously an idiot.

You cannot perv at the lovely ladies from the outside lane, what was he thinking…and the ladies have been dressing rather well this week, so i’m told.

Inside lane and correct speed selection and timing is all, from the inside lane you can leer at the ladies in both overtaking lanes, so spotlessly clean windows it is and enjoy the ride.

I blame the trainers, don’t you teach these new lads anything useful. tcah.

animal:

martinviking:

animal:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha ha, wish I could get that out of my Bandit, sadly the best I’ve ever had out of it was around 40 mpg, usually I’m lucky to get 25-30 mpg.
They will make these toys that just have to be Thrashed. [emoji48]

martinviking:

animal:

martinviking:

animal:

Ha ha, wish I could get that out of my Bandit, sadly the best I’ve ever had out of it was around 40 mpg, usually I’m lucky to get 25-30 mpg.
They will make these toys that just have to be Thrashed. [emoji48]

Not tried on my GPZ 500 yet partly due to accident damaging my ankle

albion1971:

war1974:

albion1971:

war1974:

Sorry but if he was in the outside lane and if he was speeding he was putting others at risk.
If something had gone wrong there could have been carnage. Luckily nothing did go wrong.
I am sure there are a few deceased who thought they were not putting others at risk.
Some seem very naive about how quickly things can go wrong especially when drivers break the rules.
Speeding in a heavy vehicle is bad enough but using a lane they should not is bang out of order.
We need more police presence to act against these offenders.

we wont get more police presence if we keep self policing.
Accidents happen and him coming past at 56-60 despite him being a knob is what modern trucks can do legally so must therefore be classed as safe.
abroad you often see driver sitting at 60 all day long without any issues.
yes things can go wrong and I do agree in a truck its normally carnage unless everyone potters about at 20mph. (they have just increased the single lane speed limit so it cant be that unsafe).
too many people nowadays to me are self professed driving gods and half of them couldn’t drive to save their lives, but armed with unlimited internet and a dash cam they can now teach everyone else how it should be done, am sorry albion but having as you will have seen speeds reduced from no limiters to 60 to 56 the amount of accidents hasn’t really decline, and the technology has improved beyond belief.
my little boy many years ago was rushed into hospital and I pulled the fuse went in the 3rd lane and got back asap (it was through the night and a long time ago with less traffic) and yes it probably saved me 20 mins tops but at the time the 20mins to me was vital.

either way right or wrong - we wont get police back on the road when people do stuff like this and keep sending in dash cam videos for trial by TV.

Juddian:
The bloke in the outside lane is obviously an idiot.

You cannot perv at the lovely ladies from the outside lane, what was he thinking…and the ladies have been dressing rather well this week, so i’m told.

Inside lane and correct speed selection and timing is all, from the inside lane you can leer at the ladies in both overtaking lanes, so spotlessly clean windows it is and enjoy the ride.

I blame the trainers, don’t you teach these new lads anything useful. tcah.

Its this bootiful October weather, all the luuuuvely ladies making the most of it. God Bless Global Warming :wink:

war1974:
we wont get more police presence if we keep self policing.
Accidents happen and him coming past at 56-60 despite him being a knob is what modern trucks can do legally so must therefore be classed as safe.
abroad you often see driver sitting at 60 all day long without any issues.
yes things can go wrong and I do agree in a truck its normally carnage unless everyone potters about at 20mph. (they have just increased the single lane speed limit so it cant be that unsafe).
too many people nowadays to me are self professed driving gods and half of them couldn’t drive to save their lives, but armed with unlimited internet and a dash cam they can now teach everyone else how it should be done, am sorry albion but having as you will have seen speeds reduced from no limiters to 60 to 56 the amount of accidents hasn’t really decline, and the technology has improved beyond belief.
my little boy many years ago was rushed into hospital and I pulled the fuse went in the 3rd lane and got back asap (it was through the night and a long time ago with less traffic) and yes it probably saved me 20 mins tops but at the time the 20mins to me was vital.

either way right or wrong - we wont get police back on the road when people do stuff like this and keep sending in dash cam videos for trial by TV.

I agree with the majority of what you have written, but, the amount of traffic on the roads now, far outstrips what it was say 25-30 years ago, there never seems a time when the main trunk routes aren’t busy, day or night. This means that the improvements in vehicle safety and technology, have been mitigated by the density of traffic, so there are probably more accidents, but a lower percentage of the overall amount off road users are involved, even if the actual figures are more.

I too remember not having limiters, and many trucks seemed to rattle along much better 100k’s than any slower on a motorway. But I also remember skid check systems on trailers, prior to ABS. they seemed to let go the brakes at the very point you needed them :open_mouth:

We have to deal with the world as it is, and trial by dash cam and social media aren’t going away, so we need to be wise to it. I don’t think it will be long before the TC’s start using dashcam footage as evidence to suspend or revoke licenses, might all ready be happening.

At the end of the day, most of us probably believe that you should always adhere to speed limits in certain areas, built up areas,near schools hospitals and the like. some will also include roadworks into the mix. :wink:

very true regarding the schools and built up areas, mind you if this new no more than 2 miles of roadworks comes in maybe the ■■■■■■■■■ will have a day off.