OBU already installed, but how do I tranfer it to my company

I had 2 units removed in 2010 as you can’t simply transfer details from one account to the other, and it cost around Euros 225 each for the priviledge

Just starting to get units fitted in current trucks, and the ‘standard’ installation cost in Germany seems to be around Euros 340 without VAT/MwST - got one done today in eastern France for Euros 100.80! :open_mouth: Any figures from anyone else please?

I’ve got an OBU that I removed from a truck I had when I got rid of it. I just took it out myself, no different to removing a radio, and have kept it ever since. Toll Collect used to write to me every six months or so as it hadn’t been seen on the system and ask me to let them know if I still required it or if not to return it to them or they would charge me for it. I just ignored the letters, then they started sending me a bill for the OBU every few months, which I also ignored, and I moved house about 3 years later so haven’t seen any letters since then. I guess they still send them but as they have no idea of my address, and I’ve moved again since then, they are screwed for getting either the unit or the money. It’s in an old suitcase with all my other souvenirs from my time doing Euro work.

I’ve worked out how to remove it, but as we still go to the Bundesrepublik now and then I thought it would handy if I could get the dam thing to work. But will remove and if stopped tell them that the former owner has it.
I think something on the lines of “Ze Former Owner Haz Ze Box, Hiz Name Iz Herr Coffeeholic, You Should write to him and ask Vor it back.”

Hi all, had my box fitted last tuesday at the MAN dealer next to lokeren truckstop, it cost 450€, but now a red light stays on and it says blocked, anyone know what this means, thanks

toll-collect.de/frontend/co … anguage=de

bigstunumber17:
Hi all, had my box fitted last tuesday at the MAN dealer next to lokeren truckstop, it cost 450€, but now a red light stays on and it says blocked, anyone know what this means, thanks

Try stopping on the German border, going for a coffee and giving it time to boot up before moving off.

If you’ve already tried that, go back to Lokeren and tell them to do the job properly.

You need to register your Company with Toll collect
then you register your Lorry too with them.
On Toll collect Website is a list with Partners where you pick a Workshop out you visit to fit a new Box.
The Box is for free,but you need the Installation. Normally up to a maximum of 4 Hour,but as you have already a Box and Cable are installed they just need to swap the Box.
The old Box is useless and belongs to Toll collect. But the installed Cables are a Plus and will safe you some Money.

I’ve got a truck that has and OBU already installed in it. But Obviously I need to transfer it’s registration to the company I work for.
I’ve look on the Toll Collect website and it says I must registar the Company and Vehicle with Toll Collect. (I’ve filled out these form just need the boss to sign them and I can send them off). and they’ll send me a card so I can take it and install a box.
But as I have an OBU do I still need to go to a place that fits them to have it re-registered so to speak, as from what I’ve read the installation process seem to include more paperwork and signing contracts. Which would make sense as the forms I’ve filled in so far state my method of payment, but not account details.

Your existing OBU can still remain with the vehicle. You will need to go down to the place that fitted it and have it rejigged with your new details.

Inselaffe:
Your existing OBU can still remain with the vehicle. You will need to go down to the place that fitted it and have it rejigged with your new details.

I was begining to think that. :frowning:
The problem with that is that I can’t find any UK based companies that are fitting OBU’s. I’ve been on the Toll Collect website and look on Tnet search and not found anything.

its either iveco or daf in ipswich that are the agents

r slicker:

Thanks I really was looking for something in the Kent, East Sussex area and I might of found somebody. I’ll give them a call and find out if it’s possible to just re-set the box.

http://www.huskuk.co.uk/workshop/toll_collect.asp

muckles:

r slicker:

Thanks I really was looking for something in the Kent, East Sussex area and I might of found somebody. I’ll give them a call and find out if it’s possible to just re-set the box.

http://www.huskuk.co.uk/workshop/toll_collect.asp

It looks like there is an option to simply reregister the obu on the website, but it is in German, depends how confident you feel with the lingo

As you sdaid Kent area is where you reallly need, but if youre heading home, Iveco at Great Blakenham nr Ipswich do it. Quite a few places in Holland do it as well, as i suspect will Belgium…

I called MC commercials at Hythe and Husk at Dover both used to do OBU’s but they don’t anymore they both siad that nobody in the UK did the boxes. Apparently there wasn’t enough interest so Toll Collect withdrew thier support.

Husk reckon the box should have uninstalled before it was sold, I said that was probably difficult as nobody in the UK dos boxes.
I’m supposed to registar with Toll Collect and they will program a box for me and then I select an installer for it to be fitted in. Probably not really worth it though unless it’s just swapping boxes. Go in and out like a radio.

Well I’ll look into it a bit further and see if it’s worth tying it in when I go somewhere in Europe. But I will call Iveco (is that Norfolk Trucks ) in Gt Blakenham just in case they still do it and I could tie it in with a trip to Snetterton.

Thats the place mate, just opposite the cafe. TransAm got theirs fitted/repaired there when i was working there. If they dont do it now, im sure they can point you in the right direction.

as been said before no1 in the uk does the obu anymore… the only places to get them fitted are in germany… I had mine done in a scania garage in some autohof and i know a few of our 11plates got them done in munich…

acceptme:
as been said before no1 in the uk does the obu anymore… the only places to get them fitted are in germany… I had mine done in a scania garage in some autohof and i know a few of our 11plates got them done in munich…

i took euromat to a Volvo garage in Holland to get a repair done on his when we had the space cabs 03 reg. mind you that was a few yrs ago…

yepp unfortunatly carl even holland not doing them anymore… i cant remember the reasons why they have brought it all bak to germany but im sure someone will be along to explain it

ah, ok mate, cheers for letting me know.