Obstruction windscreen

Vosa inspector attending our yard last week // out come was there is to be no obstruction above the parked windscreen wiper level , so to all drivers that have banners (i e football club make of truck etc and cd ,s )cd,s are on truck table , they have to be removed as they WOULD constitute a prohibition should you be stopped in a road side check // so what bout sat nav phone holder

Have any forum members had this problem or been issued with such notice

Same on a coach mate. Not allowed papers stuck to windscreen of where your going etc. it’s supposed to be above where the wipers wipe.

as long as it does not come within the sweep of the wipers, it is not a problem

When I got stopped by vosa they told me to remove my delivery notes from near the windscreen before they let me go, that was when I was stopped on the perimeter road at heathrow airport

i think they are just looking for more ways to make money

sea frog:
i think they are just looking for more ways to make money

Or put CDC truck tat out of business

Coat, hat, taxi …

Bit of a joke really but the above posts are correct. No sat navs or cameras are supposed to be there either. Good job they don’t make you take the mirrors down from a scania or daf xf from the nearside as the can be a major blind spot :imp:

Kerbdog:
Bit of a joke really but the above posts are correct. No sat navs or cameras are supposed to be there either. Good job they don’t make you take the mirrors down from a scania or daf xf from the nearside as the can be a major blind spot :imp:

in the DAF XF i got, when i used a sat nav, i had it in the bottom corner of the windscreen, it was not a problem as it was not in the swept area of the wipers

in the MAN TGA, if i have the sat nav in the same place, i can’t see it because of the steering wheel :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Oh dear, I’ve got the reversing camera monitor on top of the dashboard, a suction-clipboard in the window and my Canadian license plate sat “between” the wipers at rest.

They don’t want to look in my unit then, I got an airline duster plugged in and hanging up. Funny because it hasn’t caused me to crash yet. Its just bollox, I’ll take my chances.

hi gents got stopped by vosa bout 2 months ago a1 sothbound north of newcastle.took to vosa station at sandy lane £30 spot fine for name plate in window. then they came to our yard couple of weeks later checked over our other truck and told me no more stuff in windscreen sat nav ok on right hand corner tho, was a right jobsworth and patronising git. :frowning:

We have had this many times…

Got stopped by vosa in dover docks, did usual checks, all ok . I’ve got an R series Scania & he said nothing about dashtable and nameplate in the window and wished me a safe journey!!!

The way round this phone/ satnav nolder problem is do as I did, buy one that attatches to the vents on the dash.

So technically my suction cup mounted accident camera is against the rules, and by the letter of their rules I could be prosecuted for having a device mounted to my window…this ■■■■■ country is pathetic… :unamused:

I am beggining to wonder if the French and the Jews had more freedoms under the rule of Gestapo in WW2 ffs.

i don`t bother with my dash cam now

Oh well by their rules they can stop all these crappy reality programs sticking cameras in the windscreen then eh, Motorway Cops, Polica Camera Action, Stobart, etc etc etc, the list of the endless drivel which use this cameras to make their dram programs is endless these days, maybe it will mean an end to that stuff on TV ■■ Every cloud has a silver lining and all that…■■■■, I forgot, they have different rules as they are not driving for a living are they… :open_mouth:

So technically all the later model tgx`s are illegal as they come with a shelf built into the middle of the dash and this sits above the height of the wipers.
Strange as it must of passed european type approval.

They should concentrate on people that have their curtains halfway across the side windows, along with the silly tassel pelmet things for tacky ness if nothing else.

As with everything it depends on the circumstances at the time and whether you get a jobsworth, that’s why there will always be different experiences in different situations. My own theory is that if you want to give the vostapo more ammunition then go ahead & fill your windscreen as you wish, but if you want a quiet life then stick by their rules or at least don’t be blatant. Keep your satnav down in a corner of the screen, don’t have stuff obviously lying on the dashboard - keeping delivery notes on there is an example because a jobsworth would immediately think ‘are they there so the driver can look at them whilst he’s driving?’, irrelevant of whether keeping them down on the floor or wherever is more likely to cause an accident should the driver glance at them, which we all do if it’s a new address or whatever.

As an agency driver I always remove any banners, scarves etc stuck in the windscreen & carefully fold them up out of the way - I rarely find they support the same team as me anyway, & my name isn’t ‘Dave’ or ‘Animal’!

So all of those who want to keep their stuff displayed against the letter of the law, then please carry on doing so, it just means that, all other things being equal, the vostapo will pick on you rather than me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: