Obsessive Compulsive Drivers

After the “filthy stinking drivers” etc threads, who works with someone who is ott about cleanliness? Not hygene etc but the sort that worries who’s got “their” wagon on their day off, leaves notes like “polish cab daily” (I was left this note, which I filed under “R”) and cries if you don’t stay late to wash it to their standards.

Not quite that bad but it drives me mad if the cab has ticket books maps etc just dumped on the engine or passengers seat or floor.
Also if the radio volume is a odd number it annoys me. I’m the same in my car with Cliamate control.

Oh the odd number thing… I’m the same :blush:

I’m not a polisher, but I do like a clean dash. I am lazy by choice, so have the philosophy, don’t get it dirty in the first place and then you don’t need to clean it :bulb:

Weren’t these called ‘cab happy pricks’ a few threads ago?

no they were called ■■■■■■■
and still are

sat nav marks bug the crap out of me. We can get in trucks with quite literally hundreds ( :unamused: ) of them.
I,ve seen them in the middle of the screen, on the drivers window, on the dash in front of the speedo, and quite bizarrely, one in the middle of our isotrak screen.
they dont obscure anything, just one of those things that bothers me. Out comes the windowlene… :smiley:

My pet hate is dirty mirrors. It winds me up when I jump in someone elses truck & have to clean the mirrors!

triple-tango:
My pet hate is dirty mirrors. It winds me up when I jump in someone elses truck & have to clean the mirrors!

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It would be nice to have someone that did any cleaning where I work, all the trucks are 60 plate and some of them are stinking food splattered on the passenger side window bits of fingernail spat about the cab coffee and bits of food scattered about mud and grease on the bunks.

The pride has gone from the job, I have worked with drivers who have come in on their days off to clean their motor, I find a clean truck is nicer to drive than a filthy one, I’m not particularly bothered about the outside as long as the mirrors lights and markers are clean because I sit on the inside, how can you drive in filth I just can’t do it.

Coming in to clean a motor on your day off is just sad. If you’re being paid then no problem.
Same with “accessories”; If the firm buys them all well and good but making what is a tool for the job look pretty should not come out of the drivers’ pocket.

At my last place the other drivers text this guy whilst he was off for the week saying that an agency driver had smashed his lorry in… It ruined the rest of his holiday lol.

triple-tango:

yes and mine
every time i get in a different truck i have to put it through the wash
or if not enough time i have to clean the mirrors and windows
i often wonder how they can see anything through the mirrors

I,am known at my place of work as someone who has OCD when it comes to keeping the trucks clean, and at my place we dont have our own motors , so am in a right ■■■■■■ in the mornings espeicially when i cleaned a wagon out a day or 2 ago and get back into it and its messy, i just dont get it :imp:

we have an o-c-d nut job at ours …floor mats , just the scania rubber ones are covered by black bin liners , nobody gets to drive his truck , its washed everyday inside and out no matter where he is , he is at the yard on his days off , he even wet as far as going in one weekend and swapping the drivers seat from another of our lads wagons into his cause his had a mark on the leather he cdnt shift …!!! , he has to be at his changeover every night at the same time , 5 minutes either way and he starts to throw a major wobbly…he also carrys 7 ■■■ lighters in case the one he is using dont work …lol…he was even asking me and my mate what time were having off at christmas & new year so he can plan his work load …as i say i cld go on but this nutter is a heart attack waiting to happen

We have a different OCD; He has to be first to leave the yard, first to load, has to be the lead lorry etc. I start half hour before the quarry opens and once he got to hear this, he arrived even earlier and threw a wobbly because I wouldn’t load him before 7am (I grease the machine, diesel up and mix material before weighbridge opens).
He seems to think that even if 10 lorries are infront, he has the right to be first.
Also has to know what everyone’s doing (I’d just make up a load of high earning, easy work and wait for him to react).

kr79:
Not quite that bad but it drives me mad if the cab has ticket books maps etc just dumped on the engine or passengers seat or floor.
Also if the radio volume is a odd number it annoys me. I’m the same in my car with Cliamate control.

I can’t have the radio on an odd number also when selecting preset stations I can’t just select one I always have to start at the end 6 and go back to one WEIRD :smiley:

Muckaway:
We have a different OCD; He has to be first to leave the yard, first to load, has to be the lead lorry etc.

Mansel Davies used to have one like that on the bulk blowers. If you happened to turn up before him he’d start an hour earlier the following day just to be in front of the queue. Apparently one driver, who lived by their yard, decided to see how far he could make it go (going back a few years this) but after he’d beaten Ivan to pole position at 4 o’clock one morning, he admitted defeat when he heard his lorry going up to the mill at 3.00 the following day. :smiley:

We’ve got one on our job who obsessively rings every drop (can be up to a dozen) the night before to tell them what time he’ll be there, even the stores and merchants who are open all day. Of course, if something goes wrong like a breakdown or hold-up at a farm, he then spends ages ringing them again to tell them he’ll be late. It got to the stage where his mobile bill was four times everyone else’s, and we had several discreet comments from farmers who said they’d put him on their blocked calls list! :unamused:

Same bloke is obsessive about his WTD breaks, to the point where he’s been known to sit for 20 minutes in a lay-by when only a mile from base. Drives our boss barmy.

OCD… that really, really annoys me.

It should be CDO, which is it’s proper alphabetical order…

Muckaway:
We have a different OCD; He has to be first to leave the yard, first to load, has to be the lead lorry etc. I start half hour before the quarry opens and once he got to hear this, he arrived even earlier and threw a wobbly because I wouldn’t load him before 7am (I grease the machine, diesel up and mix material before weighbridge opens).
He seems to think that even if 10 lorries are infront, he has the right to be first.
Also has to know what everyone’s doing (I’d just make up a load of high earning, easy work and wait for him to react).

I used to work with a bloke who had to be first.we tipped at rain ham landfill at 5 30am and was reloading in Bermondsey he drove across the tip like a nutter to get a head start. I was a couple of minutes behind him on the highway and could see him in the distance heading towards southwark bridge so took a chance and went over tower bridge. I got to the job and was getting loaded as he drove in and he went spare. Thoughtvhe was going to burst a blood vessel.

cieranc:
OCD… that really, really annoys me.

It should be CDO, which is it’s proper alphabetical order…

Quality :smiley: