O/L advice please

Blimey, it’s a small world Spaceman. I grew up in Mayfield, just a few miles from you

Nice little place - even did a school trip there - though church brass rubbings didn’t come up in any exams I sat! Mayfield now has a by-pass!!

Scroats Isn’t East Sussex still the idyllic little county of olde worlde villaages,

Don’t get me started! My car was broken into before xmas. Just got back from a Euro job, so no prizes for guessing what was stolen. Heathfield is becoming multi cultural, plus gangs of kids in hoodies on every street corner! Plus 2 arson attacks on the yard where I used to keep trucks. And only 2 single manned police cars patrolling the whole of Wealden at night!!

or have I got rose tinted specs that look back to the late 60’s

Old duffer :exclamation: :wink:

Stick with what you know… nothing

Well, he knows more now - good topic, good answers - especially mine :wink: Your post was most informative - well done that :frowning: man!

Back on topic, have you noticed the proposed change to the Driving Regs will restrict recovery operators tacho exemption to an operating zone within 100k’s of base? VOSA could have a field day! Bet AA Relay are happy :smiley:

Stick with what you know… nothing

i did know nuffing, but asked these good people & they told me the answers, so now I do know summfing. of course some of us have the capability to absorb it & ask more questions, sorry I havn’t got time to humour you any more.

this weeks commercial motor has something relevant to this thread

legal pages - headline - Use of recovery vehicle for hire or reward costs operator £500

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

he was done for “transporting a vehicle that was not disabled”

Any chance you could scan or post the gist of the article?

I didn’t get a chance to buy the CM that week.

Not knowing the facts, a £500 fine sounds a bit paltry, and not much of a deterrent.

spaceman:
Any chance you could scan or post the gist of the article?

I didn’t get a chance to buy the CM that week.

Not knowing the facts, a £500 fine sounds a bit paltry, and not much of a deterrent.

£100 fine for no O licence, £50 for no test certificate and £350 costs :exclamation:

I can’t scan and post it here, the publishers will have my [zb]s for breakfast, but if you want to pm me a mailing address I could send the article snailmail :wink:

Denis — I’ve pm’d you (well, I think I have — bit techie for me!)

Recovery VED ? Isn’t that defrauding the tax man?

No O’Licence — doesn’t that invalidate insurance?

No Mot — doesn’t that invalidate insurance as well?

What a load of pants!

spaceman:
Denis — I’ve pm’d you (well, I think I have — bit techie for me!)

PM recieved :open_mouth:

Recovery VED ? Isn’t that defrauding the tax man?

yep

No O’Licence — doesn’t that invalidate insurance?

not sure, but when they have the power to confiscate the vehicle a £100 fine sounds like getting off lightly :wink:

No Mot — doesn’t that invalidate insurance as well?

as far as I know - Yes :exclamation:

What a load of pants!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: